Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

Dave wrote:

Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).

Get your neighbours to use plastic refuse sacks.
I was offered a wheelie bin and due to the fact that it would be at the
front of the house with the sun on it until about 2 to 3 o'clock, (we
live in a late 70s block of six houses that have no individual path to
the back of them) we opted for bags. Every now and again, we get asked
if we want a bin, but if I agreed, I would have to charge the council
ground rent that would increase at twice the rate that the council tax
does :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people
either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).

Get your neighbours to use plastic refuse sacks.
I was offered a wheelie bin and due to the fact that it would be at the
front of the house with the sun on it until about 2 to 3 o'clock, (we live
in a late 70s block of six houses that have no individual path to the back
of them) we opted for bags. Every now and again, we get asked if we want a
bin, but if I agreed, I would have to charge the council ground rent that
would increase at twice the rate that the council tax does :-)

Dave

The special wagon which collects our rubbish can only take wheelie bins
because of the lifting gear which is designed to take bins, not bags.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people
either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).

Get your neighbours to use plastic refuse sacks.
I was offered a wheelie bin and due to the fact that it would be at the
front of the house with the sun on it until about 2 to 3 o'clock, (we live
in a late 70s block of six houses that have no individual path to the back
of them) we opted for bags. Every now and again, we get asked if we want a
bin, but if I agreed, I would have to charge the council ground rent that
would increase at twice the rate that the council tax does :-)

Dave

The special wagon which collects our rubbish can only take wheelie bins
because of the lifting gear which is designed to take bins, not bags.

Their loss, not yours :-)

Ask them for bin bags and see what they say.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message

The special wagon which collects our rubbish can only take wheelie bins
because of the lifting gear which is designed to take bins, not bags.

Their loss, not yours :-)

?

Ask them for bin bags and see what they say.

They'll give us them if we ask, to wrap rubbish in before we put it in the
bag. But the Fishers have no need.

We have plenty anyway, to use at events when the organisers don't provide
them.

Mary