Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

"Dave" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people
either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).

Get your neighbours to use plastic refuse sacks.
I was offered a wheelie bin and due to the fact that it would be at the
front of the house with the sun on it until about 2 to 3 o'clock, (we live
in a late 70s block of six houses that have no individual path to the back
of them) we opted for bags. Every now and again, we get asked if we want a
bin, but if I agreed, I would have to charge the council ground rent that
would increase at twice the rate that the council tax does :-)

Dave

The special wagon which collects our rubbish can only take wheelie bins
because of the lifting gear which is designed to take bins, not bags.