Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

Dave wrote:
Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).
We have two collections a weeks and the circus begins with

Noise session 1
People (like me) put the bin out the night before (I DO wheel it slowly so is
quiet, and I DO put the lid down so it doesn't SLAM)

Noise session 2
People put the bin out on the morning of collection

Noise session 3
Lorry comes to collect and empty (unavoidable) and ok those guys down't have
time to replace the bins quietly but it 2 wheel seesion + 2 lid session / bin

Noise session 4
This takes anything for zero to 8 hours depending upon when people take their
bins in.

Looks like here's another potential extended session:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletim...530.xml&coll=1

(advertised by Google in response to the content of your post).

Best regards,

Jon C.