Posted to uk.d-i-y
Saxman

Default Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

John Anderton wrote:

On the whole, that forum does nothing to dissuade me from the opinion
that I expressed above, most people think plastic pipework, including
push-fit, is not perfect but pretty much OK,

As a novice I used push fit recently and found it OK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:20:30 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Stuart
wrote:

I bought this one from Screwfix and unless there is a knack to it then I am not
impressed .It is difficult to get the ratchet to enagage without fiddling around
with the tool.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...58 3&ts=69052

There may be a knack.

I only have a cheap (£4.50 IIRC) no-name cutter but it cuts 15mm plastic
pipe fine (not tried it on larger). However, I did find that cutting
with a slight rotation around the pipe, rather than just squeezing it
made it

A) significantly less effort, and

B) eliminated a tendency to squash the pipe.

I haven't tried the more expensive varieties but looking at their
pictures I expect this technique may still be advantageous.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:40:35 +0100, Phil Addison wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

I bought this one from Screwfix and unless there is a knack to it then I am
not
impressed .It is difficult to get the ratchet to enagage without fiddling
around
with the tool.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...XG2AEQCSTHZPCF
FQ?id=61583&ts=69052

There may be a knack.

I only have a cheap (£4.50 IIRC) no-name cutter but it cuts 15mm plastic
pipe fine (not tried it on larger). However, I did find that cutting
with a slight rotation around the pipe, rather than just squeezing it
made it

A) significantly less effort, and

B) eliminated a tendency to squash the pipe.

I haven't tried the more expensive varieties but looking at their
pictures I expect this technique may still be advantageous.

I think you're right, Phil.

The ratchet ones seem to have two things in addition to the greater force

- sharp blade

- good holding of the tube to prevent deformation

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

[...]

In relation to the Screwfix (Monument) pipe cutter he is wrong. It is crap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Phil Addison wrote:

I only have a cheap (£4.50 IIRC) no-name cutter but it cuts 15mm plastic
pipe fine (not tried it on larger). However, I did find that cutting
with a slight rotation around the pipe, rather than just squeezing it
made it

A) significantly less effort, and

B) eliminated a tendency to squash the pipe.

I haven't tried the more expensive varieties but looking at their
pictures I expect this technique may still be advantageous.

Yup same here... I have the bog standard screwfix one they sold a while
back, and as you say twist as you cut and it does a nice job on 15mm.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:28:10 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:40:35 +0100, Phil Addison wrote
(in article ):

There may be a knack.

I only have a cheap (£4.50 IIRC) no-name cutter but it cuts 15mm plastic
pipe fine (not tried it on larger). However, I did find that cutting
with a slight rotation around the pipe, rather than just squeezing it
made it

A) significantly less effort, and

B) eliminated a tendency to squash the pipe.

I haven't tried the more expensive varieties but looking at their
pictures I expect this technique may still be advantageous.

I think you're right, Phil.

In relation to the Screwfix (Monument) pipe cutter he is wrong. It is crap.

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are remotely
qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
[...]

Matt, I have two of them and used the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the blades together which can nick your
hands. Poor product. Matt, please buy one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

Matt, I have two of them and used the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the blades together which can nick your
hands.

Did you buy them before or after The Event?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are
remotely qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Matt, I have two of them

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

Matt, I have two of them and used
the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the
blades together which can nick your
hands.

Did you buy them before or after The Event?

Matt, I bought my two befiore the event of trying the crap Monument. Matt
please buy a Monument.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are
remotely qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Matt, I have two of them

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't, I use cutters, but never push-fit fitting as they are
only for ****kickers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't, I use cutters,

Nice to know you've read and learnt on here at last. Perhaps you'd keep up
the good work and give approximate prices for some of your wackier
recommendations with heating, etc?

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:48:12 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

Matt, I have two of them and used
the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the
blades together which can nick your
hands.

Did you buy them before or after The Event?

Matt, I bought my two befiore the event of trying the crap Monument.

You know very well that I meant The Hacksaw Event (unless you are dim that
is)

So the question was why didn't you use one of your allegedly good cutters
instead of the hacksaw or did you learn from getting it wrong and buy two
cutters just in case? The latter would be commendable. You don't need to
be shy about admitting a mistake and preventing it in the future.

The Monument product is irrelevant to that. I would have no reason to buy
another cutter anyway. I bought and use the correct tool for the job and a
good one. It saves time and money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:48:12 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

Matt, I have two of them and used
the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the
blades together which can nick your
hands.

Did you buy them before or after The Event?

Matt, I bought my two before the event of trying the crap Monument.

You know very well that I meant
The Hacksaw Event (unless you are dim that is)

So the question was why
didn't you use one of your
allegedly good cutters
instead of the hacksaw

Matt, you have lost it. What are you on about?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't, I use cutters,

Nice to know

snip senility

Must be time for his cocoa. Maybe they will let him up to watch the world
cup.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:49:54 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are
remotely qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Matt, I have two of them

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't,

So why did you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:10:19 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:49:54 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are
remotely qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Matt, I have two of them

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't,

So why did you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

****kicker, I don't,

You have already confessed that you did, and that as a result the joint
failed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
[...]

**** kicker, what are you on about?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:45:35 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

sigh

Your admission that you cut plastic tube using a hacksaw and that the joint
that you attempted to make leaked in consequence. Now you seem to have
developed selective amnesia.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Your admission that you cut plastic tube using a hacksaw and that the
joint that you attempted to make leaked in consequence. Now you seem to
have developed selective amnesia.

He probably thinks he has removed all references to it from Google etc.
More of a problem removing it from the memories on here...

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
[...]

****kicker, the fitting was faulty not the pipe preparation - being a master
craftsman I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need
be. You would not know anything about this being a kakhanded ****kicker.
You are very sad person. Very sad indeed. ****kicker, do you go boozing
with Richard Cranium?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ,
Steve Firth fresh in from kicking **** wrote:
Your

snip lots of ****kickerness

He

snip senile babble by Richard Cranium

Richard, do you go Boozing with the ****kicker?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger
if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe
perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

I know you are not very bright, a Chav, a member of the uk-d-i-y Lunatic
Association and from Essex too. Sad but true.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"bof" wrote in message
In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message ,
John Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe and
used his hacksaw

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , bof
writes
In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Showing your age there ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe and
used his hacksaw

...Maxie talks about self abuse, I tell you not
...the man who climbs trees in polka dot
...why does he wear his pretty frocks
...without any matching bobby socks

...he boasts of making loads of dough
...while on beaches in his chiffon flow

...what sad *******s give Maxie a ready?
...are they sex mad people mentally unsteady?

...it's clear for all and plain to see
...how Maxie earns money on a beach up a tree
...the prime attraction causes people to frown
...the sight of fat Maxie in a flowing ballgown

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:22:19 +0100, raden wrote
(in article ):

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message ,
John Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe and
used his hacksaw

I was under the impression that it was 15mm, not microbore.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:22:19 +0100, raden wrote
(in article ):

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message ,
John Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe and
used his hacksaw

I was under the impression that it was 15mm, not microbore.....

Oh you are in jolly mood today Matt. What happened in Little Middle England
today then?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:44:30 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:22:19 +0100, raden wrote
(in article ):

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message ,
John Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe and
used his hacksaw

I was under the impression that it was 15mm, not microbore.....

Oh you are in jolly mood today Matt. What happened in Little Middle England
today then?

No idea. I wasn't there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message
enews.net, Doctor
Drivel writes

"bof" wrote in message
In message ,
John Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Clueless, isn't he

prolly dickless too, after having got it stuck in the plastic pipe
and used his hacksaw

..Maxie talks about self abuse,

Yes, you're still a clueless ****wit

and everyone knows it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:44:01 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

****kicker, the fitting was faulty not the pipe preparation

You denied using a hacksaw, you used a hacksaw. The instructions say don't
use a hacksaw.

How big a ****wit are you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:58:34 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger
if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

You think that the pipe leaked because the joint contracted a running sore?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
****kicker, the instructions say a well prepared burrless and square
pipe. I can do that with my todger.

Where do you get your square pipe from? It would be so much easier to nail
on a wall than round.

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , raden
writes
In message , bof
writes
In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be.

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

ITYM Bogarted ???

Showing your age there ...

Peace and love, man.