Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:28:10 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:40:35 +0100, Phil Addison wrote
(in article ):

There may be a knack.

I only have a cheap (£4.50 IIRC) no-name cutter but it cuts 15mm
plastic
pipe fine (not tried it on larger). However, I did find that cutting
with a slight rotation around the pipe, rather than just squeezing it
made it

A) significantly less effort, and

B) eliminated a tendency to squash the pipe.

I haven't tried the more expensive varieties but looking at their
pictures I expect this technique may still be advantageous.

I think you're right, Phil.

In relation to the Screwfix (Monument) pipe cutter he is wrong. It is
crap.

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are
remotely
qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Matt, I have two of them and used the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To
make a cut you need to squeeze the blades together which can nick your
hands. Poor product. Matt, please buy one.