Jim

Default Offset Plumbing For Wider Whirlpool?

I want to install a 32" wide whirlpool to replace a 30" soaker tub.

The existing 30" tub is enclosed on 3 sides within a space in a wall that's
32.5" deep so I have enough width to accommodate a 32" wide whirlpool tub.

The problem is that the plumbing, faucet and drain, is centered on a 30" tub
and I need to center the plumbing on a 32" wide whirlpool tub.

In other words, I have to offset the plumbing by 1". The bathroom is on the
second floor. I have copper water pipes and PVC drain pipes. I have not yet
removed the old tub.

Question: 1. Will the copper water feed and PVC drain pipe "bend" over by 1"
somehow? 2. Are there special fittings to offset the plumbing by 1"? 3. Will
I have to remove/cut-off the existing plumbing from the basement and
re-plumb the PVC drain and the copper water feed all the way up to the
second floor?

Colbyt

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

No one can answer this until you tear into and expose the plumbing.

Generally speaking a 1" offset on the supply lines can be achieved quite
easy. Unless there is a floor joist is in the way a 1" offset on the drain
line is also easy. That "unless" is the big unknown.

In almost all cases it can be done without running new lines from the
basement. The scary part for you is that you have to tear out what you have
before you can figure out the solution.

Colbyt