Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Hybrid Cars

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article .com,
Matt Beard wrote:
I think this 130mpg figure comes from "charge batteries (from mains or
engine), drive 130 miles, see that you have used 1 gallon of fuel,
assume this means 130mpg". What you have actually done is 130
miles-per-(gallon of petrol plus whatever was used to charge the
batteries). Not the same.

** snip senile babble **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Huge" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile

flatulence writes in article
ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the

rest of
them at high speed.

At 24 mpg.

Averages 60mpg, oh senile one. This is fun.

So it averages 60 mpg

** snip senile tripe ***

Their real advantage is in stop start town traffic. Where you should
be on a bus.

God forbid.

Yes we should all be in tractors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Huge" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile

flatulence writes in article ,
Huge wrote:
They keep on saying these have arrived. But the idea of using a petrol
engine is purely for the US where there is a great resistance to

deisel.

They are legally proscribed in some States because of the

carcinogenicity
of the emissions.

Including commercial vehicles and trains, etc?

I never said there was any logic to it. We're talking about politicians,

remember?

No. we are on about an average of 60mpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ,
Huge wrote:

Hint. Hybrid vehicles are less economical at high speeds than
conventional ones. Their real advantage is in stop start town traffic.
Where you should be on a bus.

** snip lots of botty talk **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" from freshly kicking **** wrote in
message ...
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest of

them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox

sigh

I hope the sigh was your last breath.

YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".

It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take it as
it is. It is easier for you that way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" from freshly kicking **** wrote in
message ...
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Also look at the space tank takes up.

Hmm,

Don't think, it will give you brainache again.

** snip botty talk **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) through a haze of senile flatulence wrote in article

ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

This is the mag that said a Prius did 26mpg.
That's the overall figure

Which is ******** Mr Cranium. Most owners are getting an ave' of

60mpg.
Anyone withy any brain can do a Goggle and then feedback is around

60mpg
from all sources, not just some third rate car mag.

Yes. My petrol automatic BMW
does over 40 mpg.

This is clear proof that Riochard Cranium is mad. Over a year it will get
about 26-28.

Pah feeble, when driven under the same conditions as Drivel puts forward
for a Prius I have managed to get a reported 99mpg for a supercharged
Jaguar over a distance of 30km[1].

This clear proof that the **** Kicker is mad too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" freshly from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

If someone want's seamless and silent comfort I suggest they would

buy
a 'luxury car', not a weird compromise?

I agree. That is why I bought a Prius.

To go with your DB6?

Yep.

Could you just clarify for me which switch on the DB6 dash disengages
traction control?

The **** Kicker wants me to use it as a tractor now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest of

them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox

sigh

I hope the sigh was your last breath.

YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".

It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.

A gearbox is something which contains gears. Obviously beyond your
comprehension. And an inline gearbox may have just one ratio. Which of
course the Prius gearbox hasn't. It's a CVT so just accept you're wrong
*again*, pratt.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Doctor Drivel wrote:
If someone want's seamless and silent comfort I suggest they would

buy
a 'luxury car', not a weird compromise?

I agree. That is why I bought a Prius.

To go with your DB6?
Yep.

Could you just clarify for me which switch on the DB6 dash disengages
traction control?

The **** Kicker wants me to use it as a tractor now.

Thanks for confirming that you don't own, and have never even sat in, a DB6.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest

of
them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox

sigh

I hope the sigh was your last breath.

YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a

gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".

It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.

A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

** snip gross senility **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
If someone want's seamless and silent comfort I suggest they would

buy
a 'luxury car', not a weird compromise?

I agree. That is why I bought a Prius.

To go with your DB6?
Yep.
Could you just clarify for me which switch on the DB6 dash disengages
traction control?

The **** Kicker wants me to use it as a tractor now.

** snip **** kicker madness **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message ews.net
from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.

A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

That might be the case on planet Zog but here in England we expect
English usage to conform to English dictionary definitions. Look it up
if you must but you will not find one dictionary definition of a gearbox
that so much as mentions in-line gears. What you will find is that
gearbox can be used to label either the casing itself or the casing plus
the gears within. Unless the Prius is so primitive that the gears in
question are external there is nothing to argue about. It has a gearbox
(maybe even more than one) and that is that. Your continued opposition
to the facts has long since ceased to be funny and while such nonsense
might well be a useful pointer to new readers that you are not right in
the head it is a pain in the arse to the rest of us.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message
from Steve Firth contains these words:

Thanks for confirming that you don't own, and have never even sat in, a DB6.

Did they really have traction control 40 years ago?

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Now if the hydrogen were produced by solar/wind it would be good.

Good thinking me boy. But do you know how much energy it takes to
crack
it?

Electrolysis me boy.
water into hydrogen and oxygen.

That is the process. I said "do you know how much energy it takes to

crack
it?"

Not much.
9V DC will do it (you can try with a pp3 battery if you like).

If that is the case then we would be cracking water at point use, like in
an
engine bay, and using it to drives cars and heat our homes. Strange in
that
is not the case.

The fact is that the energy to crack it is more than what useful energy
you
get from hydrogen.

That is the holy grail, to cheaply crack hydrogen, once that is solved
then
the enrgy crisis os over for good.

Try again.

You don't do chemistry do you?
The energy required to separate hydrogen from oxygen in water is quite low.
As I stated a 9v battery is enough.
You get less useful energy back when you recombine it to make water and
energy.

To use it to power cars you don't need any more energy to split the bonds
but you need lots of power to get the volume of hydrogen needed for a days
driving.
A few nuclear power plants splitting hydrogen would seem a good idea at this
time.
I doubt if anyone will do so in the near future.

Is that simple enough for you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message ews.net
from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take

it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.

A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

That might be the

** snip rambling Rogerness **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Roger wrote:
The message
from Steve Firth contains these words:

Thanks for confirming that you don't own, and have never even sat in, a DB6.

Did they really have traction control 40 years ago?

No, but Drivel doesn't appear to know that. If this were Ronin, he'd be
Sean Bean.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

[...]

Nope. Not in the quantities to do something like power a car.

As I stated a 9v battery is enough.
You get less useful energy back
when you recombine it to make water and
energy.

If it is then you are to be a billionaire, as it will change the world as we
know it.

Is that simple enough for you?

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" after heavy Pikie activities wrote in
message ...
Roger wrote:
The message
from Steve Firth contains these words:

Thanks for confirming that you don't own, and have never even sat in, a

DB6.

Did they really have traction control 40 years ago?

No, but Drivel doesn't appear to know that.

Doctor Drivel knows everything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

ones. Their real advantage is in stop start town traffic. Where you should
be on a bus.

Or better still, under one!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

ones. Their real advantage is in stop start town traffic. Where you

should
be on a bus.

Or better still, under one!

Oh the Essex wit continues. We are knocked over, astounded in fact. Duh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

But it doesn't produce greenhouse gases like driving cars, including
hybrids, does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

But it doesn't produce greenhouse gases like driving cars, including
hybrids, does.

It isn't cheap and the waste is a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line.

Never heard of a right angle gearbox? Just how do you think - of course
you don't - a right angle drill works?

Ask your nurse to explain it to you.

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest

of
them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox
sigh
I hope the sigh was your last breath.
YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a

gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".
It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.

A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

"In mechanics, a transmission or gearbox is the gear and/or hydraulic
system that transmits mechanical power from a prime mover (which can be
an engine or electric motor), to some form of useful output device.
Typically, the rotational speed of an input shaft is changed, resulting
in a different output speed. However, some of the simplest gearboxes
merely change the physical direction in which power is transmitted. In
daily life, individuals most often encounter the transmissions used in
automobiles, which cover an ever-expanding array of specific types.
However, gearboxes have found use in a wide variety of different—often
stationary—applications. Early transmissions included right-angle drives
and other gearing in windmills, horse-powered devices, and steam
engines, mainly in support of pumping, milling, and hoisting applications"

Hey, guess what, you were wrong - again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:56:33 +0000, Steve Firth
wrote:

Hey, guess what, you were wrong - again.

And 'wrong' can be added to 'deluded, misguided, misinformed, gullible
and deaf'?

But maybe we are just too hard on poor old Dribble? Imagine, you were
locked into one small room for most of the day with just an internet
PC (but only know how to use the newsreader) and a stack of Prius
brochures (that were only left there so you could draw on the back)
and a Ladybird book on vehicles. If you look at the page headed
'Gearbox' it clearly shows a typical rear wheel drive car in-line
gearbox so how would you ever be able to accept that even though the
Prius CVT has 'gears', (at least 3) you can't see that on the block
diagram on the brochure so it doesn't?

Anyway, xmyth is coming so maybe we should buy him some more crayons
or better a decent (school level) physics book?

All the best ..

T i m

(My Rover 218SD was doing 50 mpg for 10 years before the Prius was
even thought of and Mum's old Morry Minor 50 years before that! ..)
;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Hey, guess what, you were wrong - again.

And 'wrong'

** snip deluded Timmy tripe **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest

of
them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox
sigh
I hope the sigh was your last breath.
YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a

gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".
It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take

it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.
A gearbox is something which contains gears.

Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

"In mechanics, a transmission

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a **** kicker **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

But it doesn't produce greenhouse gases like driving cars, including
hybrids, does.

It isn't cheap and the waste is a problem.

If you believe in the climate change theory CO2 is a much bigger problem.
It will make Chernobyl look like a minor accident if climate change happens.
The death of a few hundred millions will take some getting used to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
news

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

But it doesn't produce greenhouse gases like driving cars, including
hybrids, does.

It isn't cheap and the waste is a problem.

If you believe in the climate change theory CO2 is a much bigger problem.
It will make Chernobyl look like a minor accident if climate change
happens.
The death of a few hundred millions will take some getting used to.

You have a point and nuclear production of hydrogen is an approach. Using
high efficiency appliances, passive solar, superinsulation, etc, etc, great
gains can be made. use less energy in the first place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

T i m wrote:

Anyway, xmyth is coming so maybe we should buy him some more crayons

I would do, but I can't face having to go though the entire box removing
all the ones that are not green.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest
of
them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox
sigh
I hope the sigh was your last breath.
YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a
gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".
It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take

it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.
A gearbox is something which contains gears.
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..

"In mechanics, a transmission

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a **** kicker **

I shall pass your comments on to Wikipedia. I suspect that they will not
be too impressed by your reference to them as "**** kicker".
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the

rest
of
them
at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox
sigh
I hope the sigh was your last breath.
YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a
gearbox,
Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".
It has NO in-line gearbox. It is beyond your comprehension, so take

it
as it is. It is easier for you that way.
A gearbox is something which contains gears.
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..
"In mechanics, a transmission

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a **** kicker

**

I shall

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a **** kicker **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..
"In mechanics, a transmission

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a ****
kicker **

I shall pass your comments on to Wikipedia. I suspect that they will not
be too impressed by your reference to them as "**** kicker".

Since dribble knows everything there is to know about anything, contrary
correct definitions to his are not acceptable. In his little world
efficiencies go over 100%, magnetic devices have magical properties, and
he has a degree. He professes to own every tool known to man but cuts
plastic pipe with a hacksaw when attempting to join it with push on
fittings and floods the street. And claims to work in that sort of field.

--
*What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..
"In mechanics, a transmission
** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a ****
kicker **

I shall pass your comments on to Wikipedia. I suspect that they will not
be too impressed by your reference to them as "**** kicker".

Since dribble knows everything there is to know about anything, contrary
correct definitions to his are not acceptable. In his little world
efficiencies go over 100%, magnetic devices have magical properties, and
he has a degree. He professes to own every tool known to man but cuts
plastic pipe with a hacksaw when attempting to join it with push on
fittings and floods the street. And claims to work in that sort of field.

I can see that he probably works in a field. Hung on a stick with straw
peeping out from the cuffs of his suit.

You may recall his previous championing of "cataclean", something he
felt impelled to do under a number of aliases. One of the claims was
that the product had been tested and used by Lancashire Constabulary. I
found that interesting since in the past they had been one of my
clients, so I called them and asked about the claim.

Surprise, surprise, it was a false claim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote wrote in message ...
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..
"In mechanics, a transmission

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a ****
kicker **

**snip babbling dross by a senile man and a **** kicker **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) through a haze of senile flatulence wrote wrote:
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Yep and in-line. No in-line gears in the Prius..
"In mechanics, a transmission
** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a ****
kicker **

** snip two halt-wit senile idiots **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:00:16 +0000, Steve Firth
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
[...]

You mean he bore false witness? I'm devastated....

--

..andy