Default Bolt Action or Double Rifle!

This is a question for all you Dangerous Game and African Safari
Hunters out there.

Which is your preference in an overall Dangerous Game Rifle?

Would you choose a Classic Bolt Action rifle in one of the big bore
caliber? .375 H&H on up?

Or would you go for one of the expensive Double Barrell Big Bore
rifles?

The common arguments are that Bolt Actions tend to be stronger have
greater accuracy and versatility while the doubles are more reliable in
a dangerous situation.

Would love to hear your view.

Carmelo
www.WorldShooter.com
Hunting and Shooting Forums
Internet Portal for Firearms Enthusiasts.

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:55:30 -0600, stanley baer wrote:

If you were a real man you would be more interested in giving the animal
a fighting chance than your own safety.

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

Just stay in the land rover if
you are so worried. I think a real man would limit himself to a bow,
and not a high tech one at that. I say if you can't make it youself
with natural materials your cheating.

Riiiight. Crawl back under your bridge, Stan.

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:04:06 -0600, stanley baer wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

Al Dykes

Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

How do you identify black bear scat ?
By all the all the twigs and seeds

How do you idenfity Griz scat ?
By all the cow bells and mace spray cans....

ba-dum-dum.

Gotta go oil my Remmington 338 Win Mag, bought for Arctic trips.
Gramps wouldn't approve, he apprenticed at Anson & Deley and ran the
gun shop at an establishment that catered to white hunters. He thought
thought that autoloaders were a crime. He liked doubles.

These days, I say single shot, maybe a Ruger No. 1.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Gunner

wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:55:30 -0600, stanley baer wrote:

If you were a real man you would be more interested in giving the animal
a fighting chance than your own safety.

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

Just stay in the land rover if
you are so worried. I think a real man would limit himself to a bow,
and not a high tech one at that. I say if you can't make it youself
with natural materials your cheating.

Riiiight. Crawl back under your bridge, Stan.

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with) and the neighbourhood
dogs. I've found my encounters with wildlife to be pretty one sided, I
can shoot them, they can run.

stan

There is quite a number of things on the NA continent that would love
to savage you. Wild boar, mountain lion, just to name two.

Btw..I do hunt with a bow on occasion. Ive hunted wild boar with a
homemade boar spear too. Shrug

Gunner

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H. L. Mencken
Gunner

Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

A bear lover and his girlfriend did just that a year or two back.

The authorities managed to pack out some of the pieces.

Gunner

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H. L. Mencken

Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

I haven't ever heard of a hunter in N America being killed by a wild
animal lately.

The original post was in regards to Africa.

On the other hand, a hunter shooting himself or getting
shot by another hunter is relatively common.

You're safer hunting than you are in many large cities, Stan.

Instead of fantasizing
about situation in which the the hunted stands a chance of injuring the
hunter, maybe a better way to get a surge that adrenaline would be to
take up boxing or motorcycle racing; but that would take some real balls.

I don't dictate how you waste _your_ time, please don't dictate to me
how I waste _my_ time.

Since you obviously have nothing to contribute on the topic, were you
planning to go on and on and on for long, or to stop at some point?

AcidBurn

Ruger #1 Tropical in .458 Win. Mag

Searcher1

stanley baer

Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

I haven't ever heard of a hunter in N America being killed by a wild
animal lately. On the other hand, a hunter shooting himself or getting
shot by another hunter is relatively common. Instead of fantasizing
about situation in which the the hunted stands a chance of injuring the
hunter, maybe a better way to get a surge that adrenaline would be to
take up boxing or motorcycle racing; but that would take some real balls.

stan
Tim Wescott

wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

Your experience with hunting and wildlife seems to be ...limited...

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar
bears (no one should be hunting them to begin with)

Yeah, they're just cuddly little bears, Stan. Why don't you go play
with them and tell us how that goes.

I haven't ever heard of a hunter in N America being killed by a wild
animal lately. On the other hand, a hunter shooting himself or getting
shot by another hunter is relatively common. Instead of fantasizing
about situation in which the the hunted stands a chance of injuring the
hunter, maybe a better way to get a surge that adrenaline would be to
take up boxing or motorcycle racing; but that would take some real balls.

stan

Oh please. If you read the news you hear a small but steady trickle of
stories of people (usually hikers and joggers) getting attacked by bear
and cougar. Both bear and cougar will usually run away if you yell and
wave your arms at them, but if you're close to their children, if
they're feeling ornery, if they're acclimated to people (especially
bears) or if they're particularly hungry (especially cougar) they'll go
after you.

Yes, these days you're probably more likely to get shot than eaten if
you're out in the forest during hunting season (particularly if it's
close to a city), but that doesn't mean that the critters can't still
bite back.

Personally I don't hunt -- my people never did so I didn't learn as a
child, and it's pretty time consuming for what you get out of it. None
the less I have no problem with people who hunt for food or protection.
I think that trophy hunters are a bit lame, particularly folks who go
out on a nice safe, sanitary trip with a guide to actually do all the
shooting and life-risking. Hunting shouldn't be despised, and we should
remember that without our tools we're very attractive prey animals.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:35:44 -0600, stanley baer wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't dictate how you waste _your_ time, please don't dictate to me
how I waste _my_ time.

Since you obviously have nothing to contribute on the topic, were you
planning to go on and on and on for long, or to stop at some point?

You're right I guess, if no one actually shoots those bears I don't
really care.

It's not your business if those bears are being shot or not, troll.

jim rozen

In article , Tim Wescott says...

Yes, these days you're probably more likely to get shot than eaten if
you're out in the forest during hunting season ...

Especially in Wisconsin. Those animals shoot back!

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Al Dykes says...

How do you idenfity Griz scat ?
By all the cow bells and mace spray cans....

Ummm, that's actually pretty funny....

Jim

please reply to:
Al Dykes

In article VsZ%d.22172$oa6.2603@trnddc07,
AcidBurn wrote:
Ruger #1 Tropical in .458 Win. Mag

Searcher1

Good taste.

One shot; One Kill (You or the Rhino.)

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Don Bruder

In article , Rex B wrote:

stanley baer wrote:
wrote:

This is a question for all you Dangerous Game and African Safari
Hunters out there.

Which is your preference in an overall Dangerous Game Rifle?

Would you choose a Classic Bolt Action rifle in one of the big bore
caliber? .375 H&H on up?

Or would you go for one of the expensive Double Barrell Big Bore
rifles?

The common arguments are that Bolt Actions tend to be stronger have
greater accuracy and versatility while the doubles are more reliable in
a dangerous situation.

Would love to hear your view.

Carmelo
www.WorldShooter.com
Hunting and Shooting Forums
Internet Portal for Firearms Enthusiasts.

If you were a real man you would be more interested in giving the animal
a fighting chance than your own safety. Just stay in the land rover if
you are so worried. I think a real man would limit himself to a bow,
and not a high tech one at that. I say if you can't make it youself
with natural materials your cheating.

stan

As my wife's uncle is fond of saying "A real sportsman goes after his
game with nought but a loincloth and a hunting knife"

But since I don't give two wombat farts and a skid-mark about
sportsmanship, only landing some venison on the table, I use a rifle...

--
Don Bruder -
- New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
Robert Swinney

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself. Wouldn't what you propose be more
accurately termed, "45-full house charge of 3031"?

Bob (gun nuts are appropriately named) Swinney

"DE" wrote in message

On 22 Mar 2005 07:34:48 -0800, wrote:

This is a question for all you Dangerous Game and African Safari
Hunters out there.

Which is your preference in an overall Dangerous Game Rifle?

Would you choose a Classic Bolt Action rifle in one of the big bore
caliber? .375 H&H on up?

Or would you go for one of the expensive Double Barrell Big Bore
rifles?

The common arguments are that Bolt Actions tend to be stronger have
greater accuracy and versatility while the doubles are more reliable in
a dangerous situation.

Would love to hear your view.

Carmelo
www.WorldShooter.com
Hunting and Shooting Forums
Internet Portal for Firearms Enthusiasts.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Larry Jaques

On 22 Mar 2005 10:57:00 -0800, the inscrutable jim rozen
spake:

In article , Tim Wescott says...

Yes, these days you're probably more likely to get shot than eaten if
you're out in the forest during hunting season ...

Especially in Wisconsin. Those animals shoot back!

I was looking for that video of the buck attacking the hunter when
I found this odd story.
http://www.freep.com/sports/outdoors...2_20011102.htm

I was on the floor in tears the first time I saw Crocodile Dundee,
when he had the wild drunks in the pickups fooled into thinking the
roos were shooting back. That's one classic flick. g

And give me a 4-bore for defense against that angry rhino or bull
elephant. http://www.african-hunter.com/4-bore_part_i.htm If it's
good enough for Henry Bowman, it's good enough for me. (Inside joke.)

Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com
or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications
DE

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:42:04 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself. Wouldn't what you propose be more
accurately termed, "45-full house charge of 3031"?

Bob (gun nuts are appropriately named) Swinney

Well Bob, first off I happen to live and work in grizzly country.
And I speak for what I feel is a good "dangerous game weapon"

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...ion/1895GS.htm

The guide gun is a great "just in case gun" it
is popular among professional guidesin both Alaska and Africa. For a
"looking for trouble gun" I'd pack a bolt rifle in any old caliber as
long as it starts with a 4.

I've been rolling my own for many a year and have no problem
carrying that in bear country. But for those who want tailor mades
these have a good rep

http://www.cpcartridge.com/45-70ruger-P.htm

But there are lots of other factory 45-70 cartridges still available
at most any sporting goods store in this area.

DE

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:23:12 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Riiiight. Crawl back under your bridge, Stan.

I guess it would be pretty limited, there is nothing left on this
continent that could hurt you other than a few grizzly and polar bears
(no one should be hunting them to begin with) and the neighbourhood
dogs. I've found my encounters with wildlife to be pretty one sided, I
can shoot them, they can run.

stan

There is quite a number of things on the NA continent that would love
to savage you. Wild boar, mountain lion, just to name two.

And considering the photographs floating round the net, of what a
regulation mule can do to a cougar... when we say "hardass", we mean a
"hard ass." Bucked his rider off and tore into the cougar. Kilt him dead.
"D-e-a-d, beaten on the rocks ... dead!"

So watch out for wild horses, or other ruminants. Feral pigs aren't
exactly Jimmy Dean flavored shmoos on the hoof, if you know what I mean.

Btw..I do hunt with a bow on occasion. Ive hunted wild boar with a
homemade boar spear too. Shrug

Friend of mine was the Great Hunter. She hunted with a bow "for sport"
and most time just whistled her deer and then told it to take off. But
when it was time for putting meat on the table, well, that was why the good
Lord invented 30-30s. And Maglights.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Gunner

wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself. Wouldn't what you propose be more
accurately termed, "45-full house charge of 3031"?

Bob (gun nuts are appropriately named) Swinney

The 45-70 is common as dirt. Even Kmart sells the ammo. Or did.
It went through quite a revival about 30 yrs ago.

Gunner

"DE" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael
John Chase

Robert Swinney wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself.

Though not quite as commonplace as .30-06 ammo, .45-70 "factory" ammo is readily
available. "Variants" from .45-70 (e.g., .45-90, .45-110, etc.) are pretty much
"roll your own".

-jc-
Gunner

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:37:38 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Ayup. Though when I was growing up in Northern Michigan, it was a
jack light and a .22

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael
Gunner

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:26:22 GMT, John Chase
wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself.

Though not quite as commonplace as .30-06 ammo, .45-70 "factory" ammo is readily
available. "Variants" from .45-70 (e.g., .45-90, .45-110, etc.) are pretty much
"roll your own".

-jc-

http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?TabID=6&category_selector=all_products&sear ch_keywords=45-70&Click+to+Begin+Search.x=10&Click+to+Begin+Searc h.y=2&Click+to+Begin+Search=Search_Button
\
lack Hills Cowboy Action Ammunition 45-70 Government 405 Grain Lead
Round Nose Flat Point Box of 20
Product #: 860270
Our Price: $302.99

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael

Robert Swinney

Sorry, "DE". I only meant that you should be more specific (as you were)
re. cartridge and caliber description. Most of us know the venerable 45-70
Govt. cartridge is still made and that some manufacturers supply "modern"
firemarms for this old black powder cartridge. Some aren't aware of this;
there is a distinct danger they may get the impression old rifles can handle
the new "45-70" ammo.

Case in point: Recently on the target range, an idiot on the next bench was
spraying me with lead shavings and unburnt powder. Just before I got up to
leave, he stops and begins looking at (not through) his scope. The cross
hair and post reticle was laying on the bottom. Excessive recoil from hot
handloads in a new 45-70 had wrecked the scope. The idiot said he was using
handloads he got from a friend that loaded the 45-70 up to some super
big-game power.

Bob Swinney

wrote:

[...]

Don Bruder

In article ,
John Chase wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself.

Though not quite as commonplace as .30-06 ammo, .45-70 "factory" ammo is
readily available.

That's one reason why I like my .30-06 so much: Chances of *EVER*
finding myself short of available ammo are, realistically, somewhere
between "slim" and "you GOTTA be joking, right?" Maybe if an apocalypse
scenario like "Mad Max" or "The Postman" were to develop, but I don't
see that being too likely.

Sounds like the .45-70 is pretty much the same concept. Our Wal-mart has
'em, right alongside the pile of .30-06 rounds that come in multiple
weights from multiple makers, and like the .30-06, they have several
"flavors" of .45-70 available within easy eyeball range.

Booze, smokables (tobacco, pot or both), twinkies, .30-06 & .45-70 ammo,
and 12 ga. 2-3/4" plastic 00 buck shells...

The barter goods of choice for the coming apocalypse!

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
DE

No offense taken, I should be a little more articulate
when responding.

Son in law went after a
grizzly last fall with a .338mag. He shot maybe at
75yds broke both shoulders but the bruin still charged.
The guide stopped it with a couple out of a 375h&h. It
fell at spitting distance. A month after he got back he sold his
44mag, I asked why and his reason was that he got it for
bear and now he felt it would be worthless..if needed.........after
the last bear his third griz.

I found some spent 45-70 cases a while a ago without headstamps
circa pre 1880. Very thin walled with rolled heads, (metal content) a
lot lighter than modern types.
These guys at garrett
are big on the guide gun, I think their african tales are
pushing it a bit:

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=45-...m/reviews2.asp

DE

re. cartridge and caliber description. Most of us know the venerable 45-70
Govt. cartridge is still made and that some manufacturers supply "modern"
firemarms for this old black powder cartridge. Some aren't aware of this;
there is a distinct danger they may get the impression old rifles can handle
the new "45-70" ammo.

Case in point: Recently on the target range, an idiot on the next bench was
spraying me with lead shavings and unburnt powder. Just before I got up to
leave, he stops and begins looking at (not through) his scope. The cross
hair and post reticle was laying on the bottom. Excessive recoil from hot
handloads in a new 45-70 had wrecked the scope. The idiot said he was using
handloads he got from a friend that loaded the 45-70 up to some super
big-game power.

Bob Swinney
.. .

wrote:

[...]

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:20:47 GMT, Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
John Chase wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself.

Though not quite as commonplace as .30-06 ammo, .45-70 "factory" ammo is
readily available.

That's one reason why I like my .30-06 so much: Chances of *EVER*
finding myself short of available ammo are, realistically, somewhere
between "slim" and "you GOTTA be joking, right?" Maybe if an apocalypse
scenario like "Mad Max" or "The Postman" were to develop, but I don't
see that being too likely.

Gotta have a few cans full of it, yes. Although LC National Match
would be hard to part with, in any circumstance except, well, a match.

Sounds like the .45-70 is pretty much the same concept. Our Wal-mart has
'em, right alongside the pile of .30-06 rounds that come in multiple
weights from multiple makers, and like the .30-06, they have several
"flavors" of .45-70 available within easy eyeball range.

Yup.

Gunner

John Chase wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

[...]

The Best sellers are .22lr, 12 ga, and 3030

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael

Gunner

On 23 Mar 2005 17:37:48 GMT, Ignoramus25277
wrote:

Walmart, to its credit, carries a few calibers that I consider to be
somewhat "oddball", such as 7mm rem mag. They charge a lot of money
for them, comparatively speaking. I consider it an anomaly.

Its greatly regional. 7 Maggie is common as dirt in the West.
Probably every bit as common or more than the 06 in many places out
here in "horizon is 80 miles away" country.

I find practicing with calibers larger than Mosin-Nagant (about
equivalent to 30-06), to be too painful, physically and financially.
My 7mm rem mag rifle sees very little use because of ammo cost and
painful recoil. Which is a pity, since it is superbly accurate and has
a very flat trajectory.

That's why we who shoot a couple hundred rounds or more a year ,
handload. I can load a box of tuned, highly accurate 7mms for about
$4.00 or less. Or, much less than a dime for most of the belted
magnum loads that use cast bullets.

Even the 375 H&H and larger cartridges are less than .40 cents each
using the high end bullets and more expensive powders.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Ayup. Though when I was growing up in Northern Michigan, it was a
jack light and a .22

22LR, or 22 magnum?

Jim

please reply to:
Don Bruder

In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Ayup. Though when I was growing up in Northern Michigan, it was a
jack light and a .22

22LR, or 22 magnum?

Jim

..22LR is pretty much "the standard" for Michigan deer shiners. Or at
least, it was when I was growing up in the Cheboygan area...

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
Don Bruder

In article ,
Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Don Bruder wrote:

In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Ayup. Though when I was growing up in Northern Michigan, it was a
jack light and a .22

22LR, or 22 magnum?

Jim

.22LR is pretty much "the standard" for Michigan deer shiners. Or at
least, it was when I was growing up in the Cheboygan area...

22lr works real well on deer especially if you use an old Winchester
modified for FA burst.

Izzat the "instant Uzi, just add file" mod I've heard about?

If so, only one comment:
Mmmmm... Pre-chewed venison!

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.

Best way to add strip of 13A double sockets?! Alan Dempster UK diy 25 February 20th 05 08:18 PM
Why did this rifle blow up? Eric R Snow Metalworking 8 February 5th 05 02:10 AM
Removing a Frozen Bolt with Heat frank1492 Home Repair 22 January 20th 05 03:52 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Why heat bolt and not around bolt? Don Metalworking 21 March 12th 04 11:07 PM