Gunner

On 23 Mar 2005 17:37:48 GMT, Ignoramus25277
wrote:

Walmart, to its credit, carries a few calibers that I consider to be
somewhat "oddball", such as 7mm rem mag. They charge a lot of money
for them, comparatively speaking. I consider it an anomaly.

Its greatly regional. 7 Maggie is common as dirt in the West.
Probably every bit as common or more than the 06 in many places out
here in "horizon is 80 miles away" country.

I find practicing with calibers larger than Mosin-Nagant (about
equivalent to 30-06), to be too painful, physically and financially.
My 7mm rem mag rifle sees very little use because of ammo cost and
painful recoil. Which is a pity, since it is superbly accurate and has
a very flat trajectory.

That's why we who shoot a couple hundred rounds or more a year ,
handload. I can load a box of tuned, highly accurate 7mms for about
$4.00 or less. Or, much less than a dime for most of the belted
magnum loads that use cast bullets.

Even the 375 H&H and larger cartridges are less than .40 cents each
using the high end bullets and more expensive powders.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael