Dave Hinz

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:20:47 GMT, Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
John Chase wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

DE sez: " Neither actually, I prefer a 45-70 lever with the 405 gr solid
over a full house charge of 3031."

Not too well up on your guns are you. 45-70 (??) I doubt you can get any
45-70 ammo short of loading it yourself.

Though not quite as commonplace as .30-06 ammo, .45-70 "factory" ammo is
readily available.

That's one reason why I like my .30-06 so much: Chances of *EVER*
finding myself short of available ammo are, realistically, somewhere
between "slim" and "you GOTTA be joking, right?" Maybe if an apocalypse
scenario like "Mad Max" or "The Postman" were to develop, but I don't
see that being too likely.

Gotta have a few cans full of it, yes. Although LC National Match
would be hard to part with, in any circumstance except, well, a match.

Sounds like the .45-70 is pretty much the same concept. Our Wal-mart has
'em, right alongside the pile of .30-06 rounds that come in multiple
weights from multiple makers, and like the .30-06, they have several
"flavors" of .45-70 available within easy eyeball range.

Yup.