Old July 29th 15, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

Children! Children! I go out for one night, and look at what you've
done to the house! g

PV, I don't know if you missed the origins of all of these conflicts,
or if you just decided to ignore them. It isn't because Gunner tells
"tall tales." It's because he's insulted, slandered, tried to
humiliate, and threatened every one of them -- myself included. A few
people (myself included) just got fed up with his vile and dishonest
style of argument, and his whole approach to sharp disagreements is
now the subject. As an inveterate bull****ter, Gunner takes the heat
for it. Like Jonny Bonkers, he's just reaping what he's sown.

It really starts with attitudes towards civility. You either have it
by age 10, or you don't. It's hard to see it now -- it's degenerated
so much that the entire battle is kind of dirty -- but there's no
doubt how it started and where it came from. He's never let up: anyone
he disagrees with is a "libtard," a "Marxist," "gay," or worse.

He lacks the ability to disagree in a civil way and, as a result, he
argues like white trash. His threats to have people killed actually
are criminal. Probably because of the company he keeps, or the
environment he's in, he's deluded himself that he's managed to skirt
the law with his many threats, which are hardly veiled. He's wrong. It
isn't "banter" when you get specific about weapons to be used and
people on a "list" to be killed. If someone really got upset about it,
it wouldn't be hard to have Gunner investigated for terroristic
threats.

So recognize where the divide is. People who are basically civil can
sometimes get really heated and insulting. White trash tell you you're
on a "list" of people his "friends" are going to shoot and kill.

And you have to admit, Whoyakidding's Cliffs Notes have a genuine
literary quality. d8-)

Nice summary, Ed. But PV knows every word of it already. He doesn't
care, he has his own bashing to do and it will be entertaining to see
how many more ludicrous 125=256 excuses he can come up along the way.

BTW, I have a very fast bike, a lot of riding experience, and live
where I can occasionally open the throttle. I've been over 125 a
couple times recently while passing. It in no way made me feel
entitled to say I'd gone 256, because that would be stupid and nobody
would believe it.

I rode a new, Euro-delivered BMW R69S from Bern to Dusseldorf mostly
flat-out (around 110) in 1968, and my teeth ached at the end of the
ride, from clamping my jaws. g

You can have it, thank you very much.

--
Ed Huntress

R69S?? For real? Earl's forks? Glorified nail for a key switch? LOL

Yeah, for real. It belonged to a college student friend from Michigan
State, who was on the one-year program with me at the Univ. of
Lausanne.

I had a couple, plus the R50S, the 250cc R26, plus a Norton 750. Eventually went japanese. lol
And yeah, I do not miss bikes AT ALL.

I loved the 250s. With two people on board, they wouldn't make it up
the hill at the end of my street at more than 30 mph, but they were
cool. If you had an old one with the funky fenders, they made you feel
like you were in "Hogan's Heroes."

Was your Norton an Atlas or a Commando? Commandos were very popular at
Michigan State in the '60s.

Tough to ride fast without a fairing. Anything over 100 mph is very fast.. Assholes (like kidding) who pooh-pooh 125+ are just bull****ing ignerani. Of course, a lot depends on the roads. It's suicide to drive fast in metro NY area roads, esp after the poor winter patch jobs.

I have gone faster than 110 on other bikes -- for a few seconds.
Blasting up to speeds like that is one thing. Riding for a whole day
at 110 is something else entirely. Bern to Dusseldorf is six hours
plus on the bike.

Also, older bikes did not have handlebar/steering dampers/stabilizers, unless you did 3rd party add-ons. VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.
But of course kidding knows all this, right? You can tell from his pictures? LOL

I don't recognize his bike, but it's a newish one, it's beeg, and it
looks ridiculously fast.

--
Ed Huntress

Yup, I had the Hogan Heroes R26!! LOL So cool. But you're right, slooooow!! LOL
There was also the R27, I think it had different carburation?

Norton Commando. iirc, only 4 speeds, but pulled like a locomotive. Hollow pipes, would shake plaster off a ceiling. I made the Harley guys look bad. They would actually come up, and ask me about my pipes.
Some mutha****a stole it.

Old July 29th 15, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:42:19 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

[...]

Ultimately most people here (less the Castradis) believe you as little as they believe Gummer.

Let's assume that's true. Who gives a ****? I don't care much about
anybody's opinion unless it's founded on reason. There isn't much of
that in this newsgroup, especially not from people like you. I do
respect Ed and Ed's opinions. He thinks straight and writes smoothly.
He's a guy I'd enjoy meeting in person. In fact, I recently sent him
an invite along with some photos of my current project, and a couple
video walkthroughs of a computer model. If you want to KNOW about my
speed claim for example, ask Ed if there were any bikes in those
photos that could back up my statements. You won't do anything like
that because you prefer **** you made up over reasonable evidence.
That's just one of the things that make you a crackpot.

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed, MMMMMMmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Back up my statements, SLuuuuuuuurp,
Oh, Ed, give it to me Ed, give me your reasonable evidence
GUUULP BUUUUURP AHHHHHHHHH buuuuuuurp
Oh, Ed, what a wad, that was delicious....
NOW will you watch my Comptery Model??

Uh, yeah, there is a big-mother bike in the garage, and it looks very
fast. The bike has a spectacular view of a beautiful lake among
mountains. I envy the bike. g

Regarding the fat model: What do you want me to do? I know just enough
about it to have an idea about what is not known. When I was writing
and editing articles on rimonabant, which I did for six months, I read
over 200 journal articles on intra-abdominal adiposity, metabolic
syndrome, inverse-agonists, endocannabinoid receptors, and Type I and
Type II diabetes. I know just enough to be dangerous. Don't let me get
near a scalpel. g

My reaction to what you've been saying is this: I am impressed with
what you've done. It appears that you're looking at some simple
relationships and deriving from them a heart-rate proxy for optimized
fat reduction -- or optimized something. My experience with metabolism
suggests that you may or may not have the right correlations, and that
you may or may not have enough factors in your model for it to be
meaningful.

I have no way to know. I'd need to read at least another dozen or two
dozen journal articles, and I gave that up for Lent five years ago.
Math still interests me but I find it tedious to remind myself about
things I haven't used for 20 years. It takes more time that I like to
invest in such things.

So I'm the wrong guy to comment on the substance of it. I'm still
impressed, however.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, you are one of the few who even took a look at it!
But....but....but..... Shouldn't Captain Oblivious -- the Caped Crusader and Defender of RCM -- be able to help? Isn't he, like, a fukn genius'n'****??

Shouldn't Super Oblivious be scrutinizing Le Fat Burning Theorem, looking to discredit me in any friggin way possible?? Shouldn't he be trying to impress RCM with his NEW and IMPROVED handjive, with bull**** mathematical handwaving that he kluged off Ig****'s bull**** math site???

Hmmmmm, Iknow, mebbe I can help the Good Cap'n discredit me. Here's some idears, off the top of my head.

1. He could look at it, and dismiss it as trivial.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

2. He could call it irrelevant.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

3. He could call it inaccurate.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

4. He could call it flat out wrong.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

5. He could claim it is a rehash of what's already been done.
Hooboy, he'd REALLY have to explain that one. Another ooops.

6. He could accuse me of plagiarism.
Oh, poor Captain Oblivious/kidding, dat mutha****a will be searching google for the next fukn year.

7. He could claim I stole this work from a puhfessuh or grad student or sumpn.
Hmmmm, that sounds promising, because unless someone complained, there would be no way to verify this, RIGHT UP KIDDING'S ASS, I MEAN, ALLEY.

8. He could claim my Daddy did my homework for me.
Hmmm, that's another promising tack.

9. He could claim that what I did is so fukn simple, any moron could do it.
Oooops.... bad idear, cuz then he would be pretty much obligated to reproduce it.

Oh, Oh, OH!!! I got it, I got it!!!

10. OK, here's the best one:
Captain America/Oblivion's tried and true strategy:

He could duck and dodge the Theorem, and just flail his arms, calling me a crackpot, a fraud, a failure, a mathematical ilitirit, the HoloBarre is ****, I'm ****, Banquer is ****, Gummer is ****, that he's too busy looking for a name for our PV/Banquer/Gummer TEAM to be bothered with silly math, he's too busy being successful (while stalking Gummer for over 5 years), etc etc etc etc.

Yeah, I think THAT is Kidding's best strategy. After all, he's well practiced at it, it's tried and true for him, and it WORKS -- at least on the morons/Castradis in RCM.

So his argerment would be: PV is fulla****, therefore his Theorem is fulla****. Therefore he's full****. Therefore.... well, you get the idear.

So Ed, what do you think, #10 for our Captain America/Oblivious?

You missed #11, which was my answer. g

I think I said this several times a few years ago: I have no freaking
idea why you two are in such conflict. I don't see any emotional
problems from either of you; you're both smart; you both care about
the truth -- in fact, you're both pretty passionate about it. And I
don't see from either of you a complete immunity to making an
occassional mistake, which, within the context of what I said above,
should not lead to such conflict.

The fact that you're at each others' throats leaves me speechless. And
that's a hard thing to do. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 29th 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Ed, I don't know, I just don't know, all my life I've had strife.
I've always gotten **** for being really good looking, and old fags are, to this day, STILL hitting on me, and the young fags want me to be their daddy. And then they both wind up hating me.
The Manhattan Fems hate me.
I get **** in the locker room for having a really big dick, esp. from the black guys.

Other people hate me cuz I have a Haas GR510, and I won't do work for them.
Haas hates me cuz I like my Fadal 3016L much better than the Haas. It's just that, work envelope-wise, the Haas has a fukn 61x121" table, equiv to about 16 Fadals!!!

And NOW people hate me cuz I know calculus, and they don't.
Oh, OH, and now assholes REALLY hate me cuz I now have my own mathematical theorem! Actually, I got 3, but this Fat Burning one is the nicest.

Oh, black gerls really dig me, but now the black guys hate me even more for that.

And now Gummer is going to give me a blow job, so now I have to worry about THAT.
What a life.
No peace for Moi, Ed, just no peace.
Old July 29th 15, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:45:39 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:01:53 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:43:18 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

[...]

Try anything with an electrically adjustable windshield, which tends
to come on bikes that are comfortable at high speeds. I rode at 100+
for a good distance the other day. Quite comfortable although it
obviously still requires some extra focus. In my case. it was a safe
interval behind what looked like an entire Corvette club that was
blocking for me.
Old July 29th 15, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:34:29 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

Problem for them is, it's very hard to bull**** in mathematics.

But not impossible considering you were happy to muff counting to
"few."

Old July 29th 15, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

1. He could look at it, and dismiss it as trivial.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

2. He could call it irrelevant.

Blah blah blah.

I take it this is about losing weight? I don't need to lose any. But
when I need advice on anything I look to people I trust based on their
reasoning skills. Anything you write I'd have to check with an expert.
I could save time by doing that first. Yeah I know you'll say you're
an expert. Same as Banquer and Wieber.
Old July 29th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:03:02 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.

Rubbish. Lots of fast, safe bikes have neither. Mine is rev limited to
a top speed of 160 IIRC. You're doing the same thing Wieber does,
taking old limited knowledge and using it to make **** up. I think
Wieber had an old 600cc boxer. Those were something like 45hp. I'm
beginning to wonder if your experience is about the same.
Old July 29th 15, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 1:19:17 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied:

Old July 29th 15, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:51:03 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed, MMMMMMmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Back up my statements, SLuuuuuuuurp,
Oh, Ed, give it to me Ed, give me your reasonable evidence
GUUULP BUUUUURP AHHHHHHHHH buuuuuuurp
Oh, Ed, what a wad, that was delicious....
NOW will you watch my Comptery Model??

Classic PV drivel. It is amazing how good you are at proving my point,
and how willing you are to do it.
Old July 29th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 1:28:18 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied: