Old July 29th 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:16:52 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

Children! Children! I go out for one night, and look at what you've
done to the house! g

PV, I don't know if you missed the origins of all of these conflicts,
or if you just decided to ignore them. It isn't because Gunner tells
"tall tales." It's because he's insulted, slandered, tried to
humiliate, and threatened every one of them -- myself included. A few
people (myself included) just got fed up with his vile and dishonest
style of argument, and his whole approach to sharp disagreements is
now the subject. As an inveterate bull****ter, Gunner takes the heat
for it. Like Jonny Bonkers, he's just reaping what he's sown.

It really starts with attitudes towards civility. You either have it
by age 10, or you don't. It's hard to see it now -- it's degenerated
so much that the entire battle is kind of dirty -- but there's no
doubt how it started and where it came from. He's never let up: anyone
he disagrees with is a "libtard," a "Marxist," "gay," or worse.

He lacks the ability to disagree in a civil way and, as a result, he
argues like white trash. His threats to have people killed actually
are criminal. Probably because of the company he keeps, or the
environment he's in, he's deluded himself that he's managed to skirt
the law with his many threats, which are hardly veiled. He's wrong. It
isn't "banter" when you get specific about weapons to be used and
people on a "list" to be killed. If someone really got upset about it,
it wouldn't be hard to have Gunner investigated for terroristic
threats.

So recognize where the divide is. People who are basically civil can
sometimes get really heated and insulting. White trash tell you you're
on a "list" of people his "friends" are going to shoot and kill.

And you have to admit, Whoyakidding's Cliffs Notes have a genuine
literary quality. d8-)

Nice summary, Ed. But PV knows every word of it already. He doesn't
care, he has his own bashing to do and it will be entertaining to see
how many more ludicrous 125=256 excuses he can come up along the way.

BTW, I have a very fast bike, a lot of riding experience, and live
where I can occasionally open the throttle. I've been over 125 a
couple times recently while passing. It in no way made me feel
entitled to say I'd gone 256, because that would be stupid and nobody
would believe it.

Ultimately most people here (less the Castradis) believe you as little as they believe Gummer.

Let's assume that's true. Who gives a ****? I don't care much about
anybody's opinion unless it's founded on reason. There isn't much of
that in this newsgroup, especially not from people like you. I do
respect Ed and Ed's opinions. He thinks straight and writes smoothly.
He's a guy I'd enjoy meeting in person. In fact, I recently sent him
an invite along with some photos of my current project, and a couple
video walkthroughs of a computer model. If you want to KNOW about my
speed claim for example, ask Ed if there were any bikes in those
photos that could back up my statements. You won't do anything like
that because you prefer **** you made up over reasonable evidence.
That's just one of the things that make you a crackpot.

Old July 29th 15, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:01:53 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:43:18 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

[...]

I rode a new, Euro-delivered BMW R69S from Bern to Dusseldorf mostly
flat-out (around 110) in 1968, and my teeth ached at the end of the
ride, from clamping my jaws. g

You can have it, thank you very much.

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 29th 15, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed, MMMMMMmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh, Ed,
Back up my statements, SLuuuuuuuurp,
Oh, Ed, give it to me Ed, give me your reasonable evidence
GUUULP BUUUUURP AHHHHHHHHH buuuuuuurp
Oh, Ed, what a wad, that was delicious....
NOW will you watch my Comptery Model??
Old July 29th 15, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

R69S?? For real? Earl's forks? Glorified nail for a key switch? LOL
I had a couple, plus the R50S, the 250cc R26, plus a Norton 750. Eventually went japanese. lol
And yeah, I do not miss bikes AT ALL.

Tough to ride fast without a fairing. Anything over 100 mph is very fast. Assholes (like kidding) who pooh-pooh 125+ are just bull****ing ignerani. Of course, a lot depends on the roads. It's suicide to drive fast in metro NY area roads, esp after the poor winter patch jobs.
Also, older bikes did not have handlebar/steering dampers/stabilizers, unless you did 3rd party add-ons. VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.
But of course kidding knows all this, right? You can tell from his pictures? LOL
Old July 29th 15, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/29/2015 7:34 AM, Grokman Grokman wrote:

And if anyone should be """outraged""" by 5 1-handed pullups, it should be Moi, since I'm in the fukn bidniss. If it rolls off my back, why should it stick in YOUR craw the way it does?
And so what about a 264 mph motorcycle? If all these tales bother you so much, just make sure you don't lend Gummer any money, and just STFU.
No, but the dickless LoserKidding has to chronicle all this, on a regular basis. What a fukn wad. Pity his fuknWife and kids.

[...]

Ed, YOU are not publishing the Gummer Chronicles, are you? Would you ever?
Kidding/Oblivious do this not because of any inherent urge for justice, but simply bec they are malicious bullies. Plain and simple.

Plainly and simply, you're just wrong about this. gummer is the bully.
gummer has made threats that he clumsily tries to make vague - because
he's a pussy and doesn't have the guts to stand behind his threats - but
which nonetheless are intended to produce anxiety in his victims. It's
the intent that matters - it's the intent that means gummer is the
bully. gummer threatened me similarly not long ago. He said he
contacted "friends" in my area:

Just so you know...Ive called a few old friends up in your area and
they will be coming around to see about your orange tree..just to
make sure its sturdy enough to hold a mans weight.

If you hear motorcycles in the middle of the night...dont sweat
it..its just them.

I did in fact, really...actually..made a couple phone call this
morning. From one of the few payphones in my area. And the phone was
wiped down afterwards.

You made it to the List long ago..and its about time to answer for it.

yawn Just the usual gummer empty woofing shrug - I didn't, in fact,
"sweat" it. But gummer intended to create anxiety, and that intent
makes him at least a bully, and quite possibly a criminal. The law in
California, where gummer lives, is clear that electronic communications
(including Usenet posts) that are intended to cause fear of violence are
a felony crime. Whether the victim actually feels fear is irrelevant -
what matters is if a reasonable person would look at the communications
and conclude that they were intended to cause fear.

Captain Obvious is taking the bully down, quite humorously and quite
well. He writes wittily and cleverly. In a contest between you and him
over the propriety of his actions, he wins the battle for public
opinion, hands down.

Old July 29th 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Where was the pooh-poohing?

Old July 29th 15, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 11:03:58 AM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
[...]

I can see how people can be ****ed at Gummer, he irked me years ago with some silliness. And I agree that some of Gummer's tacks lack wisdom, proper socialization. lol

But Dickless (kidding, Oblivious) has been doing this cliff note bull**** for AT LEAST 5 years. And exactly WHAT has it accomplished? Do you feel safer?

Don't be fooled by clever, witty, that most often is a disguise for fraud, incompetence. Kidding's sole motivation is WIN, and he will employ any tactic to do so, mostly 8th grade level ridicule, and not just with Gummer, but with anything. He is skilled at twisting history in a debate, at distorting the debate itself. He'll latch on to ANTHING he thinks will descredit you.
If you found Don Rickles funny, then yeah, you'll proly find Kidding/oblivious clever, witty. But with little depth, his tactics are just party tricks.

And you'll see: Kidding/Oblivious despise me, and they have ample opportunity to skewer me, with the fat burning theorem on rec.running. You think they will try?
We'll see, we'll see what tactics he employs now, with black and white meth.. Oops, math. Given his incompetence and preference for hand-waving, I expect he'll go for the plagiarizing angle. We'll see how that flies.

But I think he realizes that it's best he steers clear of anything concrete, to stick to his oratorical handwaving, so he can't be pinned down.

ED has depth, kidding is just a clever bitch. Sort of like a really pretty girl who never learned how to wash properly. What do you do with something like that? Well, just keep it at a distance.

As far as public opinion goes, are you sure about that? I've noticed that keyboard cowards like Kidding somehow manage to intimidate others, who aren't quite up to clever bitchy repartee. Gummer is a far easier mark, if you will.
Have you actually polled people on this? I think if you did, it would easily end in a tie, and maybe even more people would find kidding fundamentally distasteful.

Sorta like music: Is the music bad bec it's played too loud or badly (Gummer), or is the music bad because, well, it's just really ****ty music (Kidding)? Play really ****ty music in Lincoln Center, and you might not get a true consensus. It's still ****ty music. Kidding is still a fraud.

Gummer is a nut. Kidding/Oblivious is a vindictive cowardly bitch. If I had to choose one to be stuck on an island with, I'd pick Gummer hands down.

Old July 29th 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:51:03 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

[...]

Uh, yeah, there is a big-mother bike in the garage, and it looks very
fast. The bike has a spectacular view of a beautiful lake among
mountains. I envy the bike. g

Regarding the fat model: What do you want me to do? I know just enough
about it to have an idea about what is not known. When I was writing
and editing articles on rimonabant, which I did for six months, I read
over 200 journal articles on intra-abdominal adiposity, metabolic
syndrome, inverse-agonists, endocannabinoid receptors, and Type I and
Type II diabetes. I know just enough to be dangerous. Don't let me get
near a scalpel. g

My reaction to what you've been saying is this: I am impressed with
what you've done. It appears that you're looking at some simple
relationships and deriving from them a heart-rate proxy for optimized
fat reduction -- or optimized something. My experience with metabolism
suggests that you may or may not have the right correlations, and that
you may or may not have enough factors in your model for it to be
meaningful.

I have no way to know. I'd need to read at least another dozen or two
dozen journal articles, and I gave that up for Lent five years ago.
Math still interests me but I find it tedious to remind myself about
things I haven't used for 20 years. It takes more time that I like to
invest in such things.

So I'm the wrong guy to comment on the substance of it. I'm still
impressed, however.

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 29th 15, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:03:02 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, for real. It belonged to a college student friend from Michigan
State, who was on the one-year program with me at the Univ. of
Lausanne.

I had a couple, plus the R50S, the 250cc R26, plus a Norton 750. Eventually went japanese. lol
And yeah, I do not miss bikes AT ALL.

I loved the 250s. With two people on board, they wouldn't make it up
the hill at the end of my street at more than 30 mph, but they were
cool. If you had an old one with the funky fenders, they made you feel
like you were in "Hogan's Heroes."

Was your Norton an Atlas or a Commando? Commandos were very popular at
Michigan State in the '60s.

Tough to ride fast without a fairing. Anything over 100 mph is very fast. Assholes (like kidding) who pooh-pooh 125+ are just bull****ing ignerani. Of course, a lot depends on the roads. It's suicide to drive fast in metro NY area roads, esp after the poor winter patch jobs.

I have gone faster than 110 on other bikes -- for a few seconds.
Blasting up to speeds like that is one thing. Riding for a whole day
at 110 is something else entirely. Bern to Dusseldorf is six hours
plus on the bike.

Also, older bikes did not have handlebar/steering dampers/stabilizers, unless you did 3rd party add-ons. VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.
But of course kidding knows all this, right? You can tell from his pictures? LOL

I don't recognize his bike, but it's a newish one, it's beeg, and it
looks ridiculously fast.

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 29th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Ed, you are one of the few who even took a look at it!
But....but....but..... Shouldn't Captain Oblivious -- the Caped Crusader and Defender of RCM -- be able to help? Isn't he, like, a fukn genius'n'****??

Shouldn't Super Oblivious be scrutinizing Le Fat Burning Theorem, looking to discredit me in any friggin way possible?? Shouldn't he be trying to impress RCM with his NEW and IMPROVED handjive, with bull**** mathematical handwaving that he kluged off Ig****'s bull**** math site???

Hmmmmm, Iknow, mebbe I can help the Good Cap'n discredit me. Here's some idears, off the top of my head.

1. He could look at it, and dismiss it as trivial.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

2. He could call it irrelevant.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

3. He could call it inaccurate.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

4. He could call it flat out wrong.
Oh, but then he'd have to explain why... ooops.

5. He could claim it is a rehash of what's already been done.
Hooboy, he'd REALLY have to explain that one. Another ooops.

6. He could accuse me of plagiarism.
Oh, poor Captain Oblivious/kidding, dat mutha****a will be searching google for the next fukn year.

7. He could claim I stole this work from a puhfessuh or grad student or sumpn.
Hmmmm, that sounds promising, because unless someone complained, there would be no way to verify this, RIGHT UP KIDDING'S ASS, I MEAN, ALLEY.

8. He could claim my Daddy did my homework for me.
Hmmm, that's another promising tack.

9. He could claim that what I did is so fukn simple, any moron could do it.
Oooops.... bad idear, cuz then he would be pretty much obligated to reproduce it.

Oh, Oh, OH!!! I got it, I got it!!!

10. OK, here's the best one:
Captain America/Oblivion's tried and true strategy:

He could duck and dodge the Theorem, and just flail his arms, calling me a crackpot, a fraud, a failure, a mathematical ilitirit, the HoloBarre is ****, I'm ****, Banquer is ****, Gummer is ****, that he's too busy looking for a name for our PV/Banquer/Gummer TEAM to be bothered with silly math, he's too busy being successful (while stalking Gummer for over 5 years), etc etc etc etc.

Yeah, I think THAT is Kidding's best strategy. After all, he's well practiced at it, it's tried and true for him, and it WORKS -- at least on the morons/Castradis in RCM.

So his argerment would be: PV is fulla****, therefore his Theorem is fulla****. Therefore he's full****. Therefore.... well, you get the idear.

So Ed, what do you think, #10 for our Captain America/Oblivious?