Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:28:53 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.

Rubbish. Lots of fast, safe bikes have neither. Mine is rev limited to
a top speed of 160 IIRC. You're doing the same thing Wieber does,
taking old limited knowledge and using it to make **** up. I think
Wieber had an old 600cc boxer. Those were something like 45hp. I'm
beginning to wonder if your experience is about the same.

Maybe these guys lack experience too?

Oscillation is a desireable action... if you're on a swing at the park. It's a nasty action at 75mph on a motorcycle, and shag nasty at 160. We spoke with Jason DiSalvo's 2009 AMA Crew Chief, Michael Tjon Sien Kie, about "head shake" and the steering stabilizers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP-UfUrymY4
Funny, they mentioned the same 75 mph I did.

There is a one word explanation: resonance. Look it up in wiki.
Different road conditions will set up different resonances in different bikes.

What's funny, oblivious, is how authoritative you are, ALL the time.
And did you ever bother to think, Gee, just why do people use these? They're even used on bicycles.

But, Oblivious, feel free not to use one, and please please go as fast as you can.

My R90/6 has a dampener on the headset that gets used over 55 mph.
Balanced front fork, balanced rear suspension...still use that
dampener. Even with fresh Avons on it. Doesnt really "need" it until
ya get up over 80..but..its nice to know that its there..particularly
on long straight desert roads with a bit of a cracked crown and the
occasional heat generated "speed bump" where they were careless about
starting a new course of asphalt.....

The Royal Enfield- Super Meteor/Indian Chief 700..dont think it will
go much over 110 at most..but she is a 50 yr old bike..and will get
babied like a new grandchild. Same with the new to me 72 Triumph 650
and sidehack. Treasures to bob around town and take short road trips
on...not custom bikes built for" anus vacuum stuck to the seat at a
bazillion miles an hour" rides

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...25897276868274
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...anRoyalEnfield
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...802602/Trumpet