Old July 28th 15, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
"Though I tried a fast rep of 25 pull ups [chortle] and started getting
some chest pressure at 20 [chortle], yesterday. I cant do more than
about 5 one handed pull ups anymore..sigh..old age is creeping up."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...o/rOC-Y63ENh8J

A scant three years later:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...22097241260450

gummer has never done even a single one-handed pullup, of course.
gummer has never been able to do 25 pullups. At age 53, 210 lb, gummer
couldn't do *one* two-handed pullup.

Awwww, Gummer, Moi is proly yer biggest fan here. Only fan?? LOL
But goddamm, 1-handed pullups?? Those are hard to find even on youtube! You need gymnastic level strength/wt ratios to pull these off. The guys that can do these are sinewy bean poles. Frank Medrano might be one who can.

A year or so ago I could manage 1 or two barely-controllable negative reps one-handed, at 6', 180 lbs.
So unpleasant to do, haven't done them since, sure I'd have to practice like crazy to do them again. Easy to tear a bicep doing these, proly not advisable to even try anymore, esp with age.

This will blow your mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOah6uN5ro
Funny, these guys didn't look particularly cut up/developed, but wow...
The last guy, even tho he topped the list, is doing some Crossfit kipping bull****, which proly gave him an extra 5 reps or so. Still, all enormously impressive, these guys disguise the true difficulty of this move.

Keep in mind, this is as much shoulder/lats as it is bicep, maybe more. You can prove this by testing your max curl with weights, proly manage half your bodyweight, the rest comes from lats/shoulders. This is proly where these guys are very strong.

Old July 28th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2015 3:16 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
[...]

Not so hard to find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndhsgC2wCU

This guy did 10 before he had to stop. He's not a beanpole; gymnast's
build, probably about 150 lb.. He looks to be about 30 or so. gummer
said that at age 53, 210 lb, he could do five. Bull****.

I never attempted any, but I bet I could have done a couple in my early
30s. I went on a big pullup kick then, and got to where I could do 19;
never quite reached 20. I was about 150 lb, and lifted weights
regularly. I should have tried it. Today, I'd dislocate a shoulder for
sure.
Old July 29th 15, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:16:09 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

[...]

How many of those guys insist they've ridden a motorcycle at 264 mph,
and claim to have driven more than 900 miles every day for 30 years?
Old July 29th 15, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

10,000,000 miles. gummer is close to 62. Let's say that in keeping
with all of his other extravagant lies, gummer began driving at age 12,
so 50 years of driving - too much time, given that gummer told his ten
million lie a few years ago and he didn't start driving as 12. Anyway,
that's 200,000 per year, every year. 20K-25K per year is what someone
with an exceptionally long commute might drive, or perhaps someone who
drives a large sales territory.

gummer lives in Taft and says he used to do a lot of work in Long Beach,
which is 142 miles distant. If gummer had made the round trip *twice*
per day every day of the year for the last 42 years (since age 20), that
would still amount only to 8.7 million miles.

These aren't tall tales gummer is telling. It's an unbroken string of
pathological lying.

Old July 29th 15, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Harold, no offense, but get a life. Don't be a dicklessKidding.

Old July 29th 15, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2015 6:18 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:

[...]

I have a life, a fulfilling life, and beating up on the nutless asshole
gummer is only a small part of it. But it's a part, make no mistake.
Remember: gummer has been threatening to have me killed since 2007.
That's not a "tall tale" - that's the mark of a sick, dysfunctional
wreck of a human being.

Old July 29th 15, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:22:26 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
[...]

Dood, u didn't see my link where the last guy did 22?
I was doing 30-40 chinups in college, was unlikely to be able to do any 1 armed, bec endurance doesn't often translate into raw strength. And like I said elsewhere, powerlifters have trouble with chinups.

Get a life. Swinging from Gummer's dick is not a life. Altho it seems to be fagKidding's life.
Old July 29th 15, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you had ANYTHING of a fulfilling life, you wouldn't spend 10 secs on this bull****.

But it's a part, make no mistake.
Remember: gummer has been threatening to have me killed since 2007.
That's not a "tall tale" - that's the mark of a sick, dysfunctional
wreck of a human being.

I don't know... maybe you DESERVE to be killed? Not saying you do, but maybe Gummer's right? Just spitballin....

And yet, you haven't been killed. So wtf is your problem? Move on. Obviously Gummer is just ****ing with you.
Old July 29th 15, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2015 7:18 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
[...]

Not all in one set he didn't. He did a bunch, rested, did a bunch more,
rested some more, etc. gummer claimed to do five in one lump at age 53
and 210 lb. He didn't do it. As I said, it is not credible that he
*ever* did so much as a *single* one-armed pullup.
Old July 29th 15, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2015 7:32 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
[...]

Beating up on the liar gummer in no way impinges on my fulfilling life.

But it's a part, make no mistake.
Remember: gummer has been threatening to have me killed since 2007.
That's not a "tall tale" - that's the mark of a sick, dysfunctional
wreck of a human being.

I don't know... maybe you DESERVE to be killed?

Not in the least. I leave people alone. I may - and do - bash the
stupids in Usenet, but that doesn't materially affect anyone's life.

And yet, you haven't been killed. So wtf is your problem? Move on. Obviously Gummer is just ****ing with you.

Obviously gummer is just a lying impotent incompetent asshole, and I get
some pleasure out of pointing that out here in Usenet. No big deal...

Left handed Chainsaw Bill[_18_] UK diy 38 November 2nd 17 08:23 AM
100mm one-handed clamps - where to buy? unknown[_3_] UK diy 7 April 2nd 13 09:57 AM
Where to Buy Left Handed 6mm Die?? Name Metalworking 2 February 3rd 06 05:18 AM
Left Handed Woodbench Dee Woodworking 3 July 19th 05 05:09 PM
left-handed saw? Mac Woodworking 7 August 22nd 04 04:37 AM