Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wuzzit

I got 34 of these little gems at a yard sale with a ton of drills. They
are 2" long, one piece, have a 1" or so pilot bit, a countersink, then a
threaded shaft about 3/8" long. Seeing the countersink, I think it
would be a metalworking or woodworking item. Looks to me to be a
countersink for a wood screw, leaving a dowel hole. Castelco, IIRC, is
the manufacturer, out of California. What are they, and what are they
worth? They are out in the shop, and not 100% of the name, but that's
close.

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:41:36 PM UTC-8, SteveB wrote:
I got 34 of these little gems at a yard sale with a ton of drills. They

are 2" long, one piece, have a 1" or so pilot bit, a countersink, then a

threaded shaft about 3/8" long. Seeing the countersink, I think it

would be a metalworking or woodworking item. Looks to me to be a

countersink for a wood screw, leaving a dowel hole. Castelco, IIRC, is

the manufacturer, out of California. What are they, and what are they

worth? They are out in the shop, and not 100% of the name, but that's

close.

Steve

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture and post a link to the picture you lazy ****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Steve,

Sounds familiar. Any chance they are on this page???

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/menus/to/countersinks.html

Take care.

Brian Lawson

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:41:36 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

I got 34 of these little gems at a yard sale with a ton of drills. They
are 2" long, one piece, have a 1" or so pilot bit, a countersink, then a
threaded shaft about 3/8" long. Seeing the countersink, I think it
would be a metalworking or woodworking item. Looks to me to be a
countersink for a wood screw, leaving a dowel hole. Castelco, IIRC, is
the manufacturer, out of California. What are they, and what are they
worth? They are out in the shop, and not 100% of the name, but that's
close.

Steve

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2013 11:53 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Steve,

Sounds familiar. Any chance they are on this page???

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/menus/to/countersinks.html

Take care.

Brian Lawson

Found it. Drive-matic drill and countersink, carbro corporation,
Lawndale, California. In their catalog. No prices, tho.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:e

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture and post a link to the picture you lazy ****.

Because it gives you something to bark about, which is all you know.
Now go do some metalworking with your time.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture

and post a link to the picture you lazy ****.

By the time I did that, an intelligent person could read the
description. I found out what it was, and the manufacturer. It's a
drill pilot with a countersink made out of carbide. Now I just have to
find the price.

Jon, Jon, Jon. This is beneath you. Why do you keep making such an ass
of yourself?

What's that?

It's your only life? You would have nothing else to do?

Well, then, have fun, Jon. I'll provide you with as much material I can.

In between when I'm doing productive things, like metalworking, that is.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:16:57 PM UTC-8, SteveB wrote:
On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture

and post a link to the picture you lazy ****.

By the time I did that, an intelligent person could read the

description. I found out what it was, and the manufacturer. It's a

drill pilot with a countersink made out of carbide. Now I just have to

find the price.

Jon, Jon, Jon. This is beneath you. Why do you keep making such an ass

of yourself?

What's that?

It's your only life? You would have nothing else to do?

Well, then, have fun, Jon. I'll provide you with as much material I can.

In between when I'm doing productive things, like metalworking, that is.

Steve

You have claimed I'm in you kill file but yet you read everything I post trying to get a clue.

You will never have any clues because you're a lazy, brain dead idiot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:22:57 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

On 11/28/2013 11:53 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Steve,

Sounds familiar. Any chance they are on this page???

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/menus/to/countersinks.html

Take care.

Brian Lawson

Found it. Drive-matic drill and countersink, carbro corporation,
Lawndale, California. In their catalog. No prices, tho.

Steve

Hey again Steve,

You mentioned in the OP, but I don't see any "threads" on the
Drive-matics in their catalog.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 22:16:57 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture

and post a link to the picture you lazy ****.

By the time I did that, an intelligent person could read the
description. I found out what it was, and the manufacturer. It's a
drill pilot with a countersink made out of carbide. Now I just have to
find the price.

Jon, Jon, Jon. This is beneath you. Why do you keep making such an ass
of yourself?

Oh that he did...long long ago?

What's that?

It's your only life? You would have nothing else to do?

He doesnt now. He is unemployed and living in Section 8 housing.

Well, then, have fun, Jon. I'll provide you with as much material I can.

In between when I'm doing productive things, like metalworking, that is.

Steve

__
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Heinlein

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke.

Not saying he does or doesn't, but WTF does that have to do with 'real
life'.

Because I'm in a relatively small industry, and have published in it,
I've got dozens and dozens of Linked-in contacts... for what? So I can
say who I know? (a lot of whom I only "know" because someone who knows
me knows themG) For what purpose?

I _guess_ if I wanted something specific, I could go through my LinkedIn
lists and see who could best satisfy that need... but I can also do that
with simple Internet searches and industry catalogs.

I seriously doubt if LinkedIn provides any real paychecks for anyone
except LinkedIn employees and owners. Even though I'm a member on
LinkedIn (because someone invited me a couple of years ago)... I don't
see any real benefit to it.

Work comes to me -- I don't have to go out hob-knobbing on internet chat
sites to get work. (wouldn't anyway... I'd be contacting prospective
clients or employers directly, not through some silly social media site)

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:02:43 AM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

You have no understanding of what LinkedIn is, how people use it or how many people are seriously benefiting from it.

I can't speak to your industry but I can speak for the industry I'm most closely involved with... CADCAM. For CADCAM it gets better all the time and it's an invaluable tool.

If you're a dead beat and a serial liar like Mark Wieber is then LinkedIn is a total waste to time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[...]

In Singapore the "Yellow Pages", before two separate telephone books,
is now one, smaller, book and many of the companies that were
previously listed are no longer there.

I asked one company that is open and doing business, why they were no
longer "in the phone book" and they told me that everyone looks on the
Internet now. they were listed on Facebook.

I also know that a listing in the Yellow Pages wasn't cheap and
Facebook is cheap :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:43:25 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Facebook is for kiddies and losers like Mark Wieber. I have a Facebook page but I don't use it for business because it's a total waste to time. Everything about Facebook sucks. I check in only like once every two weeks for personal messages.

LinkedIn is easily the best place for CNC machining and CADCAM information sharing as well as business networking. I predicted paid advertising CADCAM and machining forums would die years ago and I was right. I'm frequently right when it comes to the areas I specialize in. Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone growth is over and they have been declining for years. In the mean time well run LinkedIn Groups like my CADCAM Technology Leaders group is booming. I've got almost 1,200 member now and it's a very active group.

Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone are both run by idiots with no clues and neither gives a **** about their posters. All they give a **** about is how many companies they can get to place ads. The censorship and banning on both of these poorly run advertising based web forums has long been out of control. I'm enjoying watching both Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone die a slow death. It's what both owners deserve.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-11-30, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke.

Not saying he does or doesn't, but WTF does that have to do with 'real
life'.

Because I'm in a relatively small industry, and have published in it,
I've got dozens and dozens of Linked-in contacts... for what? So I can
say who I know? (a lot of whom I only "know" because someone who knows
me knows themG) For what purpose?

I get dozens of contact requests per week from people I barely know. I
always decline them. I only accept contact requests from people whom I
know well.

One reason for this is security, I do not want too many people to have
insider access to my account. Another reason is that I do not want to
clutter my contact list just to stroke egos of "contact collectors"
and "marketers".

I _guess_ if I wanted something specific, I could go through my LinkedIn
lists and see who could best satisfy that need... but I can also do that
with simple Internet searches and industry catalogs.

I seriously doubt if LinkedIn provides any real paychecks for anyone
except LinkedIn employees and owners. Even though I'm a member on
LinkedIn (because someone invited me a couple of years ago)... I don't
see any real benefit to it.

Work comes to me -- I don't have to go out hob-knobbing on internet chat
sites to get work. (wouldn't anyway... I'd be contacting prospective
clients or employers directly, not through some silly social media site)

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:57:37 -0600, Ignoramus13807
wrote:

On 2013-11-30, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

+1

--
Just as a picture is drawn by an artist, surroundings
are created by the activities of the mind.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/29/2013 10:30 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

You have claimed I'm in you kill file but yet

you read everything I post trying to get a clue.

You will never have any clues because you're

a lazy, brain dead idiot.

Well, there's that. Then there was the traumatic brain
injury. And PTSD. And cancer. And heart trouble.
And all the meds I take. But I am working on finding
the killfile feature on this new computer, and you
will be the first one in.

Sorry to have to end your obsession and stalking.

You're an adult, cope.

Oh, I forgot. You're not an adult.

Oh, well .............

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/28/2013 11:53 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Steve,

Sounds familiar. Any chance they are on this page???

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/menus/to/countersinks.html

Take care.

Brian Lawson

No. I found them at their manufacturers, called
DrillMatic Drill shaft and countersink, apparently
made out of carbide. Have a price request in at
the company. Got these with about 350 specialty drills,
all kinds of weird ones, super long ones, Forstners, just
lots and lots and lots of drills from tiny to huge.
Had to pay a lot .......... $10, tho, so they must be good
quality.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/29/2013 10:55 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:

You mentioned in the OP, but I don't see any "threads" on the
Drive-matics in their catalog.

Right, but it's close. I think they must go on a special chuck
for quick change. Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:45:46 AM UTC-8, SteveB wrote:
On 11/29/2013 10:30 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

You have claimed I'm in you kill file but yet

you read everything I post trying to get a clue.

You will never have any clues because you're

a lazy, brain dead idiot.

Well, there's that. Then there was the traumatic brain

injury. And PTSD. And cancer. And heart trouble.

And all the meds I take. But I am working on finding

the killfile feature on this new computer, and you

will be the first one in.

Sorry to have to end your obsession and stalking.

You're an adult, cope.

Oh, I forgot. You're not an adult.

Oh, well .............

Stop making lame excuses for your laziness by trying to get sympathy for your medical problems. Has your dick fallen off as well? Maybe that's really the problem. Next time provide the needed details by posting a link to a picture.

If you don't like what I post suggest you don't read what I post and if you do don't respond. It's easy. Kill files are for pussies that can't handle the truth. Stop being such a ****ing pussy and start respecting the people you ask for help.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/29/2013 10:30 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

(post nasal drip snipped)

Well, I found the filter feature on Thunderbird,
and chopping you was easier than getting the
head off a Thanksgiving turkey.

Be good.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:01:55 AM UTC-8, SteveB wrote:
On 11/29/2013 10:30 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

(post nasal drip snipped)

Well, I found the filter feature on Thunderbird,

and chopping you was easier than getting the

head off a Thanksgiving turkey.

Be good.

Steve

Even the simplest tasks are way too much for your tiny mind. I'd be very surprised if you could tie your shoelaces.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That
site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:07:48 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Does Mark Wieber do anything but lie?

Here is Mark Wieber's LinkedIn Profile:

http://tinyurl.com/q2vxpyv

Make sure you check out his endorsements from Larry Jackass.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAA AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mark Wieber gets nailed over and over for lying and the idiot just keeps on lying. He's so ****ed in the head I don't think he can help himself. Mark Wieber is a pathological liar.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That
site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my
linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it
because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That
site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my
linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it
because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .

I am pretty sure that Gunner has a linkedin account, because I am
connected to him.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in

:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a

LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That

site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my

linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it

because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .

I am pretty sure that Gunner has a linkedin account, because I am

connected to him.

You're both too ****ing dumb to realize how ****ed in the head Mark Wieber truly is and that he's a pathological liar. Mark Wieber tried to connect with me on LinkedIn and I ignored his request. A good part of Mark Wieber's brain is gone and he's getting worse all time. Neither of you two idiots can figure this out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 07:54:03 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That
site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my
linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it
because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .

Oh I know I have an account on Linkedlin...I just dont visit very
often or pay any attention to it. And you do know that most of that
stuff is automated...right?

You think spammers are addressing you in particular...not from some
autogenerated list of thousands..right?

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

LinkedIn has becomes the defacto standard for business social
networking for good reason. If you and others here don't understand
the reason why LinkedIn works so well or how to make the best use of
LinkedIn, so be it.

Jon,
What if you don't NEED it? Why thrash around pursuing a 'benefit' that
just causes you work, when jobs "come to you" without any "social
networking"?

I'm lucky to be in a business in which there are fewer players than the
demand for services. And, because it requires a number of qualifications
besides just being able to produce parts in metal (like extensive
experience manufacturing explosive devices), there's not likely to be
much growth on the supply-side.

As long as I do a workmanlike job and charge a fair price, I don't need
to do _anything_ to get work but answer the phone or emails.

I really don't wish to expand, with all the headaches of a larger staff,
increased 'commercial' presence, workman's comp, insurance, alphabet
agencies, etc... I make a comfortable living and enjoy my work as it is
presently.

So, that being the case: Why would I spend the effort to maintain a
presence that would - at best - only burden me with requests I cannot
fill?

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 09:07:34 -0600, Ignoramus18530

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:02:43 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke. w2

Linkedln? I have a profile on Linkedln?? Where the hell is it? That
site is not something Ive ever paid attention to. Got a link?

Then who in hell is the "Mark Weiber" that asked me to add him to my
linkedin contact list ? I had an account a few years back , killed it
because it was just clutter - no one I actually know is on there .

I am pretty sure that Gunner has a linkedin account, because I am
connected to him.

We sure are. And I didnt claim I didnt. I did state quite clearly
that of the 47 contacts (I had to go look yesterday after this came
up)..I didnt contact ANY of them to the best of my knowledge.

You guys are aware that Linkedln reads your email accounts and sucks
the names/email addresses off it and sends its requests
automaticlly..right?

Ive gotten "what the fug is this?" emails from friends and it turned
out Linkedln sent them a connection request without any input on my
part.

The only reason Ive not deleted it...is Im lazy and who knows..it may
come in handy someday and its not particularly onerous. It behaves
well enough.

Shrug

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:43:21 AM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

I can't speak to your needs and I'm not going to attempt to. What I can do is tell you that LinkedIn has a worldwide audience for machining and CADCAM which I find invaluable and which is not available anywhere else.

LinkedIn easily gives me the best access to CADCAM programmers, CNC machinists, CNC machine shop owners, CADCAM developers, CADCAM company owners, CADCAM resellers and AE's all over the world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Mark Weiber is lying again. Mark Wieber sent me the request to connect with him on LinkedIn and it was not an automated request. I ignored Mark Wieber's request because I want nothing to do with a liar and a hack like Mark Wieber is.

Mark Wieber's LinkedIn profile, that he earlier denied he had, clearly shows Mark Wieber pretends to be an engineer and that he's a hack of the worst kind.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

It only does it if you give them your email password. Which I do not
do.

Ive gotten "what the fug is this?" emails from friends and it turned
out Linkedln sent them a connection request without any input on my
part.

The only reason Ive not deleted it...is Im lazy and who knows..it may
come in handy someday and its not particularly onerous. It behaves
well enough.

Shrug

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 09:28:02 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

jon_banquer fired this volley in news:5fcaf88d-dbdf-
:

Well.... I'm sure if one looked _really_closely_ at the various characters
on LinkedIn and other sites and fora (like this one), one would see a
_number_ of characters who are "****ed in the head"... Mmmmmm?

It seems to be a disease that flourishes in this environment.

Well, it's in the populace anyway. We just see it more here.
It doesn't bleed enough to make the "news". What an oxymoron THAT has
become...

--
Just as a picture is drawn by an artist, surroundings
are created by the activities of the mind.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/29/2013 7:24 PM, SteveB wrote:
On 11/28/2013 9:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:e

Explain why it's just too difficult for you to take a picture and post
a link to the picture you lazy ****.

Because it gives you something to bark about, which is all you know. Now
go do some metalworking with your time.

Steve

PLONK the wife-beater!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Linkedin doesn't screen anyone so some people think it's highly valued
by people that create their own fantasy life. I posted a pic of Brad
Pitt as my photo and have yet to log on again. nBut some people live on
Linkedin rather than getting a life.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/30/2013 9:57 AM, Ignoramus13807 wrote:
I get dozens of contact requests per week from people I barely know. I
always decline them. I only accept contact requests from people whom I
know well.

One reason for this is security, I do not want too many people to have
insider access to my account. Another reason is that I do not want to
clutter my contact list just to stroke egos of "contact collectors"
and "marketers".

Yep. I have yet to see the value.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-12-01, Snag wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Odd...I didnt give them my email password either.