Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wuzzit

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:57:37 -0600, Ignoramus13807

On 2013-11-30, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
jon_banquer fired this volley in
:

Mark Wieber is a proven liar with hardly any LinkedIn contacts and a
LinkedIn profile that reads like a sad joke.

Not saying he does or doesn't, but WTF does that have to do with 'real
life'.

Because I'm in a relatively small industry, and have published in it,
I've got dozens and dozens of Linked-in contacts... for what? So I can
say who I know? (a lot of whom I only "know" because someone who knows
me knows themG) For what purpose?

I get dozens of contact requests per week from people I barely know. I
always decline them. I only accept contact requests from people whom I
know well.

One reason for this is security, I do not want too many people to have
insider access to my account. Another reason is that I do not want to
clutter my contact list just to stroke egos of "contact collectors"
and "marketers".

+1

--
Just as a picture is drawn by an artist, surroundings
are created by the activities of the mind.