Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Extreme precision in figuring out experience

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:31:10 -0500, Ignoramus8303
wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an engineering
traditionalist. Hire him. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an engineering
traditionalist. Hire him. g

He might still be using a sliderule....
Also, .01 years = 3.65 days. Ig might have to make a new calendar to keep
track of this new hiree's time....
Heh, a decimal year.
--
EA

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's slide rule math - read two places off of the scales and estimate the
third digit. Definitely hire him, he might not know how to text and will
actually work while on the job :-).

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an engineering
traditionalist. Hire him. g

I am much less precise, approximately 25 years of C and approximately
18 years of perl.

But yes, I kind of liked that precision too, I will see him tomorrow.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an engineering
traditionalist. Hire him. g

Maybe he just rounded it to the nearest week.

2 yrs + 28 weeks for the writing ~= 2.54 years
3 yrs + 41 weeks for the Eng/CAD ~= 3.79 years

I'd interview him if the rest of it looks good.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-03, Carl Ijames wrote:
That's slide rule math - read two places off of the scales and estimate the
third digit. Definitely hire him, he might not know how to text and will
actually work while on the job :-).

I thought at first that he wrote a script to substract a "experience
starting date" from today's date and to send emails automatically,
this is what I would suepect myself of doing if that was written by
someone like me. But he said no, he wrote the email personally.

-----

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Good grief - don't have a grip?

What was he doing - ME on road timbers ? boat pilings ?

And then knowing the product and the best to know the design, specs, and
such is tasked to make the manuals or datasheets.

If one had a small company that is the facts. A lot of that is ISO
requirements.

Martin

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering

degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and

3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda

used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

--

A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description

of a happy state in this world.

-- John Locke

Whatever else that you find out, he was able to write a resume that stood out from all the rest.
Congrats to him for that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:07:09 -0700, "anorton"

m...

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

Shrug

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 02 Jul 2013 23:39:43 -0700

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

Two years six months and two weeks tech writing
Three years, nine months and two weeks doing engineering & CAD.

Could just be something to make a resume stand out.

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

Or forty eleven. Two decimal places is plenty

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

"Okay, your resume got my attention. Lets see if you have 2.54
years experience, or six months' experience 5.08 times."

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

om...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

Two years six months and two weeks tech writing
Three years, nine months and two weeks doing engineering & CAD.

Could just be something to make a resume stand out.

Ayup.

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

Or forty eleven. Two decimal places is plenty

You failed to figure in my facetiousity factor there, sir.

Well, the ME degree sure beats a ******* in Liberal Arts, wot?

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

Two years six months and two weeks tech writing
Three years, nine months and two weeks doing engineering & CAD.

Could just be something to make a resume stand out.

Ayup.

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

Or forty eleven. Two decimal places is plenty

You failed to figure in my facetiousity factor there, sir.

It's not the number of places beyond the decimal point that counts.
It's the number of significant figures. You probably didn't have to
use a slide rule in college. I was studying math and engineering just
before pocket calculators came out. And when they did, I changed my
major. d8-)

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

"Okay, your resume got my attention. Lets see if you have 2.54
years experience, or six months' experience 5.08 times."

Well, the ME degree sure beats a ******* in Liberal Arts, wot?

As long as he doesn't have to speak or write, that's probably true for
anyone Iggy would need to have on board..

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

Dancing during an interview is a very bad sign. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus8303"
wrote in
message
On 2013-07-02, Ed Huntress
wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a
Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing
technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering
and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an
engineering
traditionalist. Hire him. g

I am much less precise, approximately 25 years
of C and approximately
18 years of perl.

But yes, I kind of liked that precision too, I
will see him tomorrow.

Mech Eng? Then ask him if he believes in
centrifugal force.
If he does, he flunked out .....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

He probably needs a job to keep up payments on his crack addiction.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

He probably needs a job to keep up payments on his crack addiction.

Some kind of addiction, most likely. Very strange experience.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 12:50:36 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

Dancing during an interview is a very bad sign. d8-)
Ed Huntress

Can he sing?

If you're a fan of Kurt Vonnegut, he wrote a story many years ago that
relates to this. In Vonnegut's own words:

“As for the story itself, it was entitled "The Dancing Fool." Like so
many Trout stories, it was about a tragic failure to communicate. Here
was the plot: A flying saucer creature named Zog arrived on Earth to
explain how wars could be prevented and how cancer could be cured. He
brought the information from Margo, a planet where the natives
conversed by means of farts and tap dancing. Zog landed at night in
Connecticut. He had no sooner touched down than he saw a house on
fire. He rushed into the house, farting and tap dancing, warning the
people about the terrible danger they were in. The head of the house
brained Zog with a golfclub.”

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

that's the point of the resume- to get a face to face.

the person sounds amusing from the very little that was shared though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7aF4pPDLY

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:35:51 PM UTC-5, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Ignoramus8303"

wrote in

message

On 2013-07-02, Ed Huntress

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a

Mechanical Engineering

degree and about 2.54 years experience doing

technical writing and

3.79 years experience doing some engineering

and CAD.''

He works to three significant figures. He's an

engineering

traditionalist. Hire him. g

I am much less precise, approximately 25 years

of C and approximately

18 years of perl.

But yes, I kind of liked that precision too, I

will see him tomorrow.

Mech Eng? Then ask him if he believes in

centrifugal force.

If he does, he flunked out .....

After the question about centrifugal force, ask if is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:8qOdnfFb9q9bFE7MnZ2dnUVZ_oSdnZ2d@giganews. com...

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

that's the point of the resume- to get a face to face.

the person sounds amusing from the very little that was shared though.

We come from different "fields" with different outlooks evidently. I
have hired and fired several hundred people in my time and anyone
playing those sorts of games goes into the Also Ran pile.

When I hire..I hire practical guys with no bull**** outlooks. Those
are the ones I can generally figure will be my backbone employees.
People who play games on their resume...tend to be problem children.

That in the several industries Ive hired for. YMMV of course.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ask the refrigeration guy if he believes in cold.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Phil Kangas" wrote in message ...

Mech Eng? Then ask him if he believes in
centrifugal force.
If he does, he flunked out .....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cross-Slide"
Mech Eng? Then ask him if he believes in

centrifugal force.

If he does, he flunked out .....

After the question about centrifugal force, ask
if he

is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.

And if he says 'hell yes, I'll sign that
petition!' ,
when do they meet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-03, anorton wrote:

[ ... ]

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

That (repetitive motions) sounds like someone with some form of
Autism -- likely Aperger's syndrome, which could make him very good at
detail work, but terrible with human interface situations. So -- if you
hire him (or someone like him), keep him away from the public -- both as
a favor to him and to the public.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Wed, 03 Jul 2013
06:30:34 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

Two years six months and two weeks tech writing
Three years, nine months and two weeks doing engineering & CAD.

Could just be something to make a resume stand out.

Ayup.

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

Or forty eleven. Two decimal places is plenty

You failed to figure in my facetiousity factor there, sir.

Well put a flag note on it next time!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

"Okay, your resume got my attention. Lets see if you have 2.54
years experience, or six months' experience 5.08 times."

Well, the ME degree sure beats a ******* in Liberal Arts, wot?

If you are looking for an ME, definitely.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:05:38 -0700

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

that's the point of the resume- to get a face to face.

the person sounds amusing from the very little that was shared though.

We come from different "fields" with different outlooks evidently. I
have hired and fired several hundred people in my time and anyone
playing those sorts of games goes into the Also Ran pile.

You know your environment, and what you are looking for. If he
had sent a resume, which was indicative of him - you would know that
he'd not fit, and not follow up. Such is life. Saved him some time,
and saved you the effort of discovering he'd not fit.

OTOH, there is the story of the lawyer asking his partner if he'd
seen the application for secretary - "Where it said languages she
wrote 'Fellatio! Can you believe it?" to which the other partner said
"Yeah, I hired her anyway." (Or "Yeah, when I pointed that Fellatio
isn't a language, she moved it to "special skills".")
YMWV!

When I hire..I hire practical guys with no bull**** outlooks. Those
are the ones I can generally figure will be my backbone employees.
People who play games on their resume...tend to be problem children.

I recall reading the tale of "I'm a ****er and a fighter and a
wild bull rider. And I can fix windmills" as the sum total of a guys
resume. Which got him hired.

That in the several industries Ive hired for. YMMV of course.

Yep. I've heard the story of the guy who wrote out his resume in
long had, with a pencil on a child's tablet. Two pages, too. They
called him for an interview. He came in black t-shirt, black - torn -
jeans, and an articulated skeleton earring. (This was the early 80's,
long before such things became practically de rigueur, if not
mandatory). He got the job!
OTOH, they were head hunting him for his computer geek skills.
Unless one has that level of skill and are under those conditions,
better to stick to a standard typed resume, and wear at least sports
jacket over a button down shirt. With a tie.

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 03 Jul 2013
23:07:50 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.

LOL
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.

Goodonya, Mikey. PRECISION ill-fitting parts!

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Right after they get all the DHMO out of the
county water supply.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Phil Kangas" wrote in message ...

After the question about centrifugal force, ask
if he

is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.

And if he says 'hell yes, I'll sign that
petition!' ,
when do they meet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.

Goodonya, Mikey. PRECISION ill-fitting parts!

That was on the electronics side, so just five places is low
precision.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 04 Jul 2013
09:21:38 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:31:10 -0500, Ignoramus8303 wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.

Goodonya, Mikey. PRECISION ill-fitting parts!

That was on the electronics side, so just five places is low
precision.

Which makes sense. Electrons _are_ smaller, so you have to
measure them, as they is.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:31:10 -0500, Ignoramus8303 wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding
errors.

Goodonya, Mikey. PRECISION ill-fitting parts!

That was on the electronics side, so just five places is low
precision.

Which makes sense. Electrons _are_ smaller, so you have to
measure them, as they is.

The hard part is reading their serial numbers. Those little suckers
are FAST!