Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Extreme precision in figuring out experience

Gunner Asch on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:05:38 -0700

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

Frankly..Id not hire the guy based on the resume alone. Face to
face...might be a different story.

that's the point of the resume- to get a face to face.

the person sounds amusing from the very little that was shared though.

We come from different "fields" with different outlooks evidently. I
have hired and fired several hundred people in my time and anyone
playing those sorts of games goes into the Also Ran pile.

You know your environment, and what you are looking for. If he
had sent a resume, which was indicative of him - you would know that
he'd not fit, and not follow up. Such is life. Saved him some time,
and saved you the effort of discovering he'd not fit.

OTOH, there is the story of the lawyer asking his partner if he'd
seen the application for secretary - "Where it said languages she
wrote 'Fellatio! Can you believe it?" to which the other partner said
"Yeah, I hired her anyway." (Or "Yeah, when I pointed that Fellatio
isn't a language, she moved it to "special skills".")
YMWV!

When I hire..I hire practical guys with no bull**** outlooks. Those
are the ones I can generally figure will be my backbone employees.
People who play games on their resume...tend to be problem children.

I recall reading the tale of "I'm a ****er and a fighter and a
wild bull rider. And I can fix windmills" as the sum total of a guys
resume. Which got him hired.

That in the several industries Ive hired for. YMMV of course.

Yep. I've heard the story of the guy who wrote out his resume in
long had, with a pencil on a child's tablet. Two pages, too. They
called him for an interview. He came in black t-shirt, black - torn -
jeans, and an articulated skeleton earring. (This was the early 80's,
long before such things became practically de rigueur, if not
mandatory). He got the job!
OTOH, they were head hunting him for his computer geek skills.
Unless one has that level of skill and are under those conditions,
better to stick to a standard typed resume, and wear at least sports
jacket over a button down shirt. With a tie.

--
pyotr filipivich