Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8772 Ignoramus8772 is offline

Default Extreme precision in figuring out experience

On 2013-07-03, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:40:43 -0500, Ignoramus8772

On 2013-07-03, Carl Ijames wrote:
That's slide rule math - read two places off of the scales and estimate
the
third digit. Definitely hire him, he might not know how to text and will
actually work while on the job :-).

I thought at first that he wrote a script to substract a "experience
starting date" from today's date and to send emails automatically,
this is what I would suepect myself of doing if that was written by
someone like me. But he said no, he wrote the email personally.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:31:10 -0500, Ignoramus8303
wrote:

I just received a resume.

``As a candidate for the position I have a Mechanical Engineering
degree and about 2.54 years experience doing technical writing and
3.79 years experience doing some engineering and CAD.''

What kind of ME is that, using only _2_ decimal places when he coulda
used 3 or 4? Sheesh!

It is probably no coincidence those are the numbers of cm per inch and
liters per gallon.

If he thinks this is a very clever thing to put on a resume, I personlly
would probably find him annoying to work with.

I agree with you. He stopped by today and I thought that he was
outright crazed. He could not stop dancing while interviewing.

He probably needs a job to keep up payments on his crack addiction.

Some kind of addiction, most likely. Very strange experience.