Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's up with 22 caliber ammo?

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:07:58 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 3/6/2013 7:05 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
m...
On 3/6/2013 3:56 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
m...
On 3/6/2013 12:33 PM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

When I watch The Walking Dead, I can't help think that the
survivalists watching actually believe in the scenario.

As for women being grateful for rescue, stock up on toilet paper
and
tampons. You'll be king!

And all your customers will have PMS and a gun.

Yep. ANd more than willing to protect "civilization".

I read in a camping book that women would be more willing to answer
the Call of the Wild if they didn't fear the Call of Nature.

That the first thing we point out to ladies when they come aboard
for a sail.

Here is the head.
Here is how you operate it.
After that they are perfectly comfortable.

And the ones who are not "ladies"?

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:08:58 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 01:24:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?
?? ?Larry Jaques wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:58:52 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ?? ? wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? ?
?? ?? ?Larry Jaques wrote:
?? ?? ??
?? ?? ?? I have most of one left. But I'm near a river and several creeks, so
?? ?? ?? I'd be snaring and fishing.
?? ?? ?
?? ?? ?
?? ?? ? Are you up for the gig?
?? ??
?? ?? I haven't gigged frogs since I left Arkansas in '66. We never ate
?? ?? them because the swamp on the base had an overflow pipe and the sewage
?? ?? frequently came out of it. We'd be walking around (age 12ish) and
?? ?? seeing lots of old condoms, turds, and such. We knew better. ?g?
?? ??
?? ?? My favorite was a green three-pronger. I whittled a broomstick to fit
?? ?? and tied a piece of nylon cord to it for retrieval. It worked quite
?? ?? well. We had to watch out for water moccasins there, too.
?? ??
?? ?? The things we had the most fun on the AFB we
?? ??
?? ?? 1) Following the DDT truck during fogging of all the streets around
?? ?? the base lake.
?? ?? 2) Giggin' frogs.
?? ?? 3) Sailing my friend's styrofoam sailboat.
?? ?? 4) Watching the Apes (air police) shoot the 10ga shotguns at the nests
?? ?? of water moccasins and other snakes.
?? ?? Oh, and I almost forgot:
?? ?? 5) Swinging from the rubber trees. There were thin poplars or such
?? ?? beneath the earthen dam which got plenty of water. We'd climb up
?? ?? 25-30' and hang out over the branches while grasping the thin top of
?? ?? the tree trunk. It would swing us down and we'd jump and go up and
?? ?? over, 180-degrees to the other side. Thank CROM one never broke. We'd
?? ?? have crushed both legs and probably our pelvic bone and some vertebra.
?? ?
?? ?
?? ? Are you sure you never landed on your head? At least once? ;-)
??
?? I never said that. I took nose dives out of my highchair as a kid,
?? and have stitches in both eyebrows to prove it. ?g? Then there was
?? the time I was chasing a local girl and she ducked under the tubafore
?? porch railing and I didn't quite see it. It hit me square in the
?? forehead and my body straightened out on the lawn with my skull
?? connecting with the concrete after the rail had stopped my forward
?? progress. THAT hurt. But 'tis the price we pay to chase wimmens.
?
? Are you sure she didn't swing that tubafore at you, and you just
?think you ran into one? Quality women are never cheap. ;-)

?g? She was my sister's best friend's younger sister. I saw her 20
years later and we had some real chemistry together but she was
married and she didn't let me play doctor again. I saw her later,
after I was sober and she wasn't interested at all. Sest lavvy, wot?

You booze, you lose! ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I guess that's as good a theory, as any other.

I rather resent being motivated by fear. People who say things like "the
sequester will cause parents to scramble to find day care, and primay care
like flu shots will be unavailable" because we're cutting about 2% of the
budget, have seriously lost my respect.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"anorton" wrote in message
m...

If this is really what is happening, it sounds like distributers have
figured out from recent experience with other calibers that a shortage and
the resulting frenzy is good for business. Seems like they are fabricating
the .22 shortage by holding onto stock. Once the frenzy peaks, they will
start selling again at inflated prices. They know those who are prone to
frenzy will continue hoarding more than ever because "you never know when
there will be another shortage". People who are driven by fear are easily
manipulated by others. Be cautious of those who try to make you fearful.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
m...
On 3/6/2013 12:33 PM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

When I watch The Walking Dead, I can't help think that the
survivalists watching actually believe in the scenario.

As for women being grateful for rescue, stock up on toilet paper
and
tampons. You'll be king!

And all your customers will have PMS and a gun.

Yep. ANd more than willing to protect "civilization".

I read in a camping book that women would be more willing to answer
the Call of the Wild if they didn't fear the Call of Nature.

That the first thing we point out to ladies when they come aboard
for a sail.

Here is the head.
Here is how you operate it.
After that they are perfectly comfortable.

And the ones who are not "ladies"?

There is a framed picture in the head of Dorothy wearing a NIOSH mask
cleaning the head.

The caption says "Gentleman, Sit your bad self down".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I read in a camping book that women would be more willing to answer
the Call of the Wild if they didn't fear the Call of Nature.

That the first thing we point out to ladies when they come aboard
for a sail.

Here is the head.
Here is how you operate it.
After that they are perfectly comfortable.

And the ones who are not "ladies"?

There is a framed picture in the head of Dorothy wearing a NIOSH mask
cleaning the head.

The caption says "Gentleman, Sit your bad self down".

I forgot to mention the very dangerous look in her eyes...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Apparently you hang about with some pretty dignified people. When I
used the term "not ladies" I was actually speaking of females who were
not ladylike. You know, the Scarlet Women or "play-time gals" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

I would like to think so, John.
Why would I want to hang out with trash?
The boat's name is "Temptress", not slut".

(Ya lay down with dogs, ya get up with fleas)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

It's still better than laying down with liberals.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Nothing wrong with a good slut :-) (In my youth they were much sought
after by youthful high school boys..... even though we didn't find
many :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:33:19 -0800 (PST), Cross-Slide
wrote:

It appears that 22 caliber ammo no longer seems to exist.
There is not even enough for someone to grab and horde as it appears...

If it was still being manufactured as before, each store should still be able to get the same amount in as they used to...

What explains this?

Panic buying

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:28:20 -0600, Ignoramus24658
wrote:

Just wondering how much .22 ammo one really needs. I have several
bricks of it, they take small amount of room, and should last my
lifetime.

a couple bricks? Thats less than 2 weeks shooting for many of us.

Ive got a couple Cases tucked away.

a brick is 500 rds
a case is 5000 rds
a pallet is 72 cases or 360,000 rds

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:44:26 -0600, Ignoramus24658

On 2013-03-06, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus24658" wrote in message
Just wondering how much .22 ammo one really needs. I have several
bricks of it, they take small amount of room, and should last my
lifetime.

If you shoot once a day for the rest of your lifetime, 5 bricks would last
6.8 years. Just how many bricks do you have, and is that realistically
enough to live for very long if your .22 is bringing home a lot of your
sustenance, and you shoot more than once a day?

Long enough for me, if the world falls apart, there will still be
things to buy and resell. There will not be enough "wildlife" for
everyone to hunt for 6 years. Something will have to change.

I have about 5 bricks of it, if I recall correctly, you are right on
the spot.

One assumes that shooting game is all you consider it to be useful
for?

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 06:12:54 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:23:04 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"Ignoramus24658" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering how much .22 ammo one really needs. I have several
bricks of it, they take small amount of room, and should last my
lifetime.

If you shoot once a day for the rest of your lifetime, 5 bricks would last
6.8 years. Just how many bricks do you have, and is that realistically
enough to live for very long if your .22 is bringing home a lot of your
sustenance, and you shoot more than once a day?

Steve

If there were some kind of disaster, what makes you think there would
be any "sustenance" to shoot?

We have lots of "sustenance" running around now because very few
people depend on shooting it. Even here in NJ, where we have a deer
herd of roughly 160,000 and roughly 3,000 black bears,, our total deer
population in 1900 was fewer than 100 animals and the bear population
was 0.

If you have a disaster and no place to buy food, you won't find a
muskrat to shoot within six months.

That whole survivalist shtick is a fantasy.

Depends on what you consider edible.

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:cZadneyFWKopBqvMnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com...
[...]

Yes, I suppose it does...

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:57:01 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 13:57:29 -0800, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:04:13 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:33:43 -0800, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:58:47 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The survivalist mentality seems to appeal most strongly to those who
are struggling to keep their heads above water in normal times. Yet
for some strange reason they imagine doing better than average if only
they were forced into a more difficult lifestyle. Maybe they could
avoid all the waiting and blustering by cutting off a few toes and
moving into a dugout in the woods.

A realistic version of "Survivor," with bullet wounds, people killing
each other over a road-killed rat, deaths by exposure and gangreen?

I've only watched one reality show in my life, but I'd watch one that
was that real. d8-)

When I watch The Walking Dead, I can't help think that the
survivalists watching actually believe in the scenario. Food, cars,
and ammo all free for the taking, and nothing but slow moving targets
in the way. The weather is usually nice and the roads are mostly
clear. Women are frequently half dressed and grateful for all the
rescuing, if you know what I mean. Car batteries remain charged, and
vehicles stay clean and undamaged despite being clawed repeatedly by
zombies. Even the grass stays mowed! Yeah they've lost a few
characters but they were mostly the whiney ones. From survivalists'
point of view things are damned good and could be perfect if only that
stupid ****ing kid with the hat would start doing what he's told.

Gee, so that's what I'm missing. I don't watch that kind of TV.

This is the absolute truth: I have never watched ANY zombie, vampire,
or reality show -- really, no reality shows -- except for one episode
of "Duck Dynasty." I heard S.E. Cupp talk about her appearance on the
show, so I had to see what it was like.

It's phony as hell, but hilarious.

I'm hoping for an avalanche of posters one upping each other to say
how little TV they watch, on account of it being too mindless for
their sophisticated tastes.

This is as good a time as any to give my highest recommendation to
this show.
http://twitchfilm.com/2012/10/fantas...hellfjord.html
Subtitled, but worth it to see for example, a repulsive lunatic
explain how he got his hot mail order bride cheap during a potato
famine in Northern Finland.

Oh my God, that looks funny. I hope I get time to watch it.

Gotta watch it! Bookmarked!!!!

Gunner

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 05:06:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

But can be passed along.

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 08:06:16 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Indeed. Perhaps a 3KPSI pressure washer to the ear? g

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Indeed. Perhaps a 3KPSI pressure washer to the ear? g

I was thinking superheated live steam, followed by drying them off in
one of the WPAFB wind tunnels.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Indeed. Perhaps a 3KPSI pressure washer to the ear? g

I was thinking superheated live steam, followed by drying them off in
one of the WPAFB wind tunnels.

Yes, another great idea. Just be UPWIND.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 10 Mar 2013
08:06:16 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Indeed. Perhaps a 3KPSI pressure washer to the ear? g

I was thinking superheated live steam, followed by drying them off in
one of the WPAFB wind tunnels.

Yes, another great idea. Just be UPWIND.

Forget that. Be in the control room where you won't be splattered...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. on Sun, 10 Mar 2013

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.
--
pyotr filipivich

Let's watch it whit the sheep jokes.

Those sheep can surprise you sometimes...

Like this one?

Sheep in the island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvR8LGOUpNA
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 11 Mar 2013
02:53:08 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Whatever. Just make sure they get completely submerged for the
full five minute treatment.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Whatever. Just make sure they get completely submerged for the
full five minute treatment.

Five minutes per pound, up to 500 pounds.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 11 Mar 2013
05:47:58 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Whatever. Just make sure they get completely submerged for the
full five minute treatment.

Five minutes per pound, up to 500 pounds.

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Whatever. Just make sure they get completely submerged for the
full five minute treatment.

Five minutes per pound, up to 500 pounds.

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can reduce the
wait to a half second per pound.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's still better than laying down with liberals.

Indeed. And Liberals will give the gift that keeps on dripping.

One that is difficult, or impossible to return.

But can be passed along.

They need something like sheep dip for Liberals to decontaminate them.

Sheep dip, onion dip, Dip! - it's all good.

Just hold them under for the full five minutes - that's what does
the trick.

More like donkey dip.

Whatever. Just make sure they get completely submerged for the
full five minute treatment.

Five minutes per pound, up to 500 pounds.

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can reduce the
wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 03/11/2013 08:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can reduce the
wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Ain't that gonna **** off the pigs?

technomaNge
--
"Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and
the politicians as a joke."

~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can
reduce the wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Why should the pigs suffer, and end up with a lower standard of
living just to accommodate those losers?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge wrote:

On 03/11/2013 08:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can reduce the
wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Ain't that gonna **** off the pigs?

We don't want that! Everyone knows it ruins the bacon.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:50:14 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can
reduce the wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Why should the pigs suffer, and end up with a lower standard of
living just to accommodate those losers?

They wouldn't suffer...once the squealing was over.
But they're used to that, so "No harm, no foul!"

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can
reduce the wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Why should the pigs suffer, and end up with a lower standard of
living just to accommodate those losers?

They wouldn't suffer...once the squealing was over.
But they're used to that, so "No harm, no foul!"

I thought that was no fowl?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Q What's up with 22 caliber ammo?

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

That much? Hmm, going to need a larger trough.

Or one made to withstand Fuming nitric acid. Then you can
reduce the wait to a half second per pound.

Or ship 'em all to a pig farm and solve two problems at once.

Why should the pigs suffer, and end up with a lower standard of
living just to accommodate those losers?

They wouldn't suffer...once the squealing was over.
But they're used to that, so "No harm, no foul!"

I thought that was no fowl?

With all the lib perverts, we can't rule out fowl play.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: It was still attached to the pervert.

I heard that ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura has written several books. I think
he's giving the creeps in D.C. as much **** as my hero, Ross Perot,
would have, and I'm glad. One's titled "DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans:
No More Gangs in Government". Heh heh heh.