Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default What's up with 22 caliber ammo?

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 06:12:54 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:23:04 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"Ignoramus24658" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering how much .22 ammo one really needs. I have several
bricks of it, they take small amount of room, and should last my
lifetime.

If you shoot once a day for the rest of your lifetime, 5 bricks would last
6.8 years. Just how many bricks do you have, and is that realistically
enough to live for very long if your .22 is bringing home a lot of your
sustenance, and you shoot more than once a day?

Steve

If there were some kind of disaster, what makes you think there would
be any "sustenance" to shoot?

We have lots of "sustenance" running around now because very few
people depend on shooting it. Even here in NJ, where we have a deer
herd of roughly 160,000 and roughly 3,000 black bears,, our total deer
population in 1900 was fewer than 100 animals and the bear population
was 0.

If you have a disaster and no place to buy food, you won't find a
muskrat to shoot within six months.

That whole survivalist shtick is a fantasy.

Depends on what you consider edible.

1. Lie