Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT internet site blocked

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

it works for me superficially

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-17, Karl Townsend wrote:
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

My replies here and at the CNC newsgroup are having about a 50% success
rate. They send, but apparently do not show up.

So... I'll say this again...

Try typing this into your web browser less the quotes: "206.188.219.158"

Maybe they are making it through but not back to me?

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:05:37 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

I just tried "turn off windows firewall" in control panel. No joy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Try typing this into your web browser less the quotes: "206.188.219.158"

Maybe they are making it through but not back to me?

your post came through.

I enterred that IP address. it acts like its going to time out, and
then a google search page comes up with results saying
centerfiresytems stuff.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Came up fine for me.

Yep, I've heard this from several people. Any idea why it don't work
here. And only this site???

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Came up fine for me.

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-17, Karl Townsend wrote:
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Our site was down for nearly the full day yesterday because of a server
upgrade at hostdime....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/17/2012 2:06 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Came up fine for me.

Yep, I've heard this from several people. Any idea why it don't work
here. And only this site???

Karl

There is a chance you have a redirect browser virus...

If you use Explorer, try loading it in Firefox or Chrome, etc. Just
move the names around a bit if you are using a different browser.

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Came up fine for me.

Yep, I've heard this from several people. Any idea why it don't work
here. And only this site???

Karl

Did you install any windows updates recentley?

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:06:09 -0500, Karl Townsend

Came up fine for me.

Yep, I've heard this from several people. Any idea why it don't work
here. And only this site???

Karl

None whatsoever.

Its not being blocked by your provider by any chance? Tried it on a
second computer?

Tried it with internet exploder, firefox and chrome?

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Works for me. Try using a proxy site to access it. (don't enter any
passwords).

Where are you trying to access the site from?

Home?
Piggyback on your neighbor?

Work?
Your shop?
Employer's shop?

IT guys routinely block non work related sites that see a lot of visits from
their networks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Maybe try as: http://www.centerfiresystems.com

Sometimes you need the WWW. part & also your link was https, which is a
secure link?

MikeB

good ideas, but no joy
karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Works for me. Try using a proxy site to access it. (don't enter any
passwords).

don't know what you mean here.

Where are you trying to access the site from?

my home.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Works fine here, but it redirects to http://centerfiresystems.com
maybe your browser doesn't allow that redirection.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:39:40 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Works fine here, but it redirects to http://centerfiresystems.com
maybe your browser doesn't allow that redirection.

Jon

nope that doesn't work either, I've tried dozens of variations now.
This has been going on two weeks now. may not beat this one.
karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend has brought this to us :
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

It seems to work fine in Australia.
But that may be because there is noone here who needs a gun supplier
:-?

--
John G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

You're running Windows? Download & burn a 'live' linux CD, then see
if you can connect. If not, it's not on your end.

I use a copy of 'Puppy linux' on a live CD to test for internet
problems.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-4.2.1retro-k2.6.21.7-seamonkey.iso

I use 'Deep Burner' to make the bootable CD from the ISO image:

http://www.deepburner.com/download/DeepBurner1.exe

Both programs are freeware.

If you can reach that site with these, then check the 'hosts' file to
see if it was accidently added.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=windows+hosts+file&oq=windows+host &gs_l=serp.1.0.0l10.120922.126607.0.130391.12.12.0 .0.0.0.116.1041.9j3.12.0.les%3Bcesh..0.0...1.1.Dvx n4uyz_YI
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

I just tried "turn off windows firewall" in control panel. No joy.

DON'T do that, Karl. That's -inviting- evil into your box.

Try "centerfiresystems.com". That's what the other link resolved to.

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:06:09 -0500, Karl Townsend

Came up fine for me.

Yep, I've heard this from several people. Any idea why it don't work
here. And only this site???

HTTP ESS (https) ?

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our
best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams, Life 101

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

Write down your IP address and call Centerfire. Perhaps your host is
blacklisted for hosting spammers.
1-800-950-1231

I just tossed their latest catalog yesterday. (I have no budget for
toys right now, although I got a nifty firefighter's kerambit
delivered for $7 last week via eBay. It's mounted on my steering
column with HD velcro. http://tinyurl.com/bwjzztm )

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our
best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams, Life 101
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Website worked, here.

Do the usual Windows stuff. Defragment, Spybot, virus checker, registry
repair, degauss, see if the dilithium crystals are over heating, reboot, and
all that happy hooey.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul

I get "request timed out"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This might work, but these sorts of things are over my head.
Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that
suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked
for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch
them
for sales.

Any way, now I get "server timeout" in firefox and "internet
explorer
cannot display the webpage" In IE7.

This is the only web site I know of that does not come up on this
computer. I exchanged emails with the company and they don't know of
anybody else having trouble. They suggested maybe i have a firewall
blocking them. is this possible? Other ideas?

Karl

Try IE8?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...downloads/ie-8

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl, there is a certain procedure to website/networking
troubleshooting, similar to, say, "why my car does not start"
troubleshooting.

It is not some kind of a mysterious skill.

To get to a website you need to have a name resolution working, then
be able to connect to that website's TCP port 80, etc.

You may have a program interfering with your network, such as
antivirus or family values protector or whatever.

What I am saying is that it should not be a mystery, as such.

Windows has tools such as a command line program to look up DNS and it
has telnet to check connectivity to a certain port like port 80, used
for the web.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

Clean out any cookies that may be attached to centerfire and try again...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:16:37 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul

I get "request timed out"

As iggy mentioned, name resolution might not be working for the
site, but it seems more likely a firewall program on your computer
is getting in the way. Anyhow, to see if it's a name resolution
problem, also enter the command "ping 206.188.219.158". It will
look different on your MS-Windows system, but what I see on my
linux system when pinging centerfiresystems.com or its numeric IP
or google.com or its numeric IP is shown below. On your
windows system leave out the -c3 option. If you can ping google
or 173.194.33.41 but neither of centerfiresystems.com or
206.188.219.158 then suspect a firewall has blocked that IP and
look at your firewall configuration and rules. If you can't ping
any of them, then suspect a firewall or similar has blocked the
ping program; but getting "request timed out" makes that unlikely.

Also, regarding the site itself, using firefox 16.0.1 on ubuntu
12.04 linux 3.2.0-32, addresses http://centerfiresystems.com/ or
https://centerfiresystems.com/ or centerfiresystems.com or
206.188.219.158 all end up at the same centerfiresystems http: page.

If ping cannot access a site, its unlikely your browser can either,
although ping uses ICMP protocol rather than HTTP protocol and some
sites may block ICMP while allowing HTTP. If you get ping to work
but not your browser, then in your browsers, clear all the cookies
and try to access centerfiresystems. In preferences make a note
about current preferences and then on the Security tab temporarily
turn off Block reported attack sites, try to access centerfiresystems,
then turn it back on. Similarly, temporarily turn off Block reported
web forgeries, try to access centerfiresystems, then turn it back on.

Ping results ---

$ ping -c3 centerfiresystems.com
PING centerfiresystems.com (206.188.219.158) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=1 ttl=109 time=82.5 ms
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=2 ttl=109 time=83.2 ms
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=3 ttl=109 time=83.2 ms

$ ping -c3 206.188.219.158
PING 206.188.219.158 (206.188.219.158) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=1 ttl=109 time=81.1 ms
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=2 ttl=109 time=82.1 ms
64 bytes from 206.188.219.158: icmp_req=3 ttl=109 time=81.5 ms

$ ping -c3 google.com
PING google.com (173.194.33.41) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from sea09s02-in-f9.1e100.net (173.194.33.41): icmp_req=1 ttl=54 time=31.0 ms
64 bytes from sea09s02-in-f9.1e100.net (173.194.33.41): icmp_req=2 ttl=54 time=38.0 ms
64 bytes from sea09s02-in-f9.1e100.net (173.194.33.41): icmp_req=3 ttl=54 time=35.7 ms

(From here, google.com randomly resolves to one of 173.194.33.32 ...
173.194.33.41 at the moment)

$ ping -c3 173.194.33.41
64 bytes from 173.194.33.41: icmp_req=1 ttl=54 time=30.7 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.33.41: icmp_req=2 ttl=54 time=30.6 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.33.41: icmp_req=3 ttl=54 time=31.8 ms

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul

I get "request timed out"

Some free proxy sites you can experiment with:

http://proxify.com/

http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/

Should let you get to their site, but I wouldn't try ordering stuff
while using it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul

I get "request timed out"

Some free proxy sites you can experiment with:

http://proxify.com/

http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/

Should let you get to their site, but I wouldn't try ordering stuff
while using it...

BINGO!

I can see the site. OK, this proves my computer is protecting me from
myself. Ideas on how to fix it by chance? I have win7 and AVG for
anitvirus, problem is in both IE7 and firefox on this computer.

Somebody suggested eliminating the cookies for this site. I know how
to wipe them all out, not edit them. Taking them all would be tossing
the baby out with the bath water.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

sites may block ICMP while allowing HTTP. If you get ping to work
but not your browser, then in your browsers, clear all the cookies
and try to access centerfiresystems. In preferences make a note
about current preferences and then on the Security tab temporarily
turn off Block reported attack sites, try to access centerfiresystems,
then turn it back on. Similarly, temporarily turn off Block reported
web forgeries, try to access centerfiresystems, then turn it back on.

Ping don't work, firefox don't work, IE7 don't work, BUT the proxy
idea did! I assume sence both firefox and IE7, plus ping don't work,
changing settings in IE7 won't help. Correct?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
James Waldby wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:16:37 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul

I get "request timed out"

As iggy mentioned, name resolution might not be working for the
site, but it seems more likely a firewall program on your computer
is getting in the way. Anyhow, to see if it's a name resolution
problem, also enter the command "ping 206.188.219.158".

Instead of ping try tracert. This will give you a hop-by-hop report
of connection. You can see where it fails:

tracert 206.188.219.158

Tracing route to 206.188.219.158 over a maximum of 30 hops

first hops omitted

5 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms sl-crs2-sj-0-4-0-3.sprintlink.net [144.232.0.249]
6 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms sl-st31-sj-0-15-0-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.8.151]
7 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 144.232.9.142
8 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms te0-0-0-0.ccr22.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.22]
9 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms te0-5-0-3.ccr22.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41.213]
10 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms te0-3-0-2.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.2.149]
11 49 ms 49 ms 49 ms te0-1-0-6.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.237]
12 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms te0-2-0-7.ccr22.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.89]
13 72 ms 79 ms 72 ms te2-1.ccr01.atl05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.122]
14 73 ms 73 ms 73 ms 38.122.18.182
15 73 ms 73 ms 74 ms 209.17.112.38
16 73 ms 73 ms 73 ms mcapsweb1.monstercommerce.net [209.17.114.75]
17 74 ms 73 ms 74 ms 206.188.219.158

Trace complete.

If you are not on windows the command is most likely traceroute
and works slightly differently.

---john.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

sites may block ICMP while allowing HTTP. If you get ping to work
but not your browser, then in your browsers, clear all the cookies
and try to access centerfiresystems. In preferences make a note
about current preferences and then on the Security tab temporarily
turn off Block reported attack sites, try to access centerfiresystems,
then turn it back on. Similarly, temporarily turn off Block reported
web forgeries, try to access centerfiresystems, then turn it back on.

Ping don't work, firefox don't work, IE7 don't work, BUT the proxy
idea did! I assume sence both firefox and IE7, plus ping don't work,
changing settings in IE7 won't help. Correct?

It is likely blocked in your hosts file.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:00:19 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

sites may block ICMP while allowing HTTP. If you get ping to work
but not your browser, then in your browsers, clear all the cookies
and try to access centerfiresystems. In preferences make a note
about current preferences and then on the Security tab temporarily
turn off Block reported attack sites, try to access centerfiresystems,
then turn it back on. Similarly, temporarily turn off Block reported
web forgeries, try to access centerfiresystems, then turn it back on.

Ping don't work, firefox don't work, IE7 don't work, BUT the proxy
idea did! I assume since both firefox and IE7, plus ping don't work,
changing settings in IE7 won't help. Correct?

If pinging other sites worked ok and ping 206.188.219.158 failed, then
browser settings probably aren't the problem, and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

--
jiw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

start program "command". Then enter "ping centerfiresystems.com".

Paul
I get "request timed out"

Some free proxy sites you can experiment with:

http://proxify.com/

http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/

Should let you get to their site, but I wouldn't try ordering stuff
while using it...

BINGO!

I can see the site. OK, this proves my computer is protecting me from
myself. Ideas on how to fix it by chance? I have win7 and AVG for
anitvirus, problem is in both IE7 and firefox on this computer.

YOu never responded to the possibility that your host is stopping it.
What does tech slopport say, hmm? Also, have you looked at your
firewall to see if it's in the blacklist? Or tried adding it to the
whitelist? (It has been quite a while since I last worked with a
firewall, so pardon my terminology if it's not quite right.)

Somebody suggested eliminating the cookies for this site. I know how
to wipe them all out, not edit them. Taking them all would be tossing
the baby out with the bath water.

Open the cookie file, highlight the CIQ (cookie in question and
hit the delete key. CIQ gone, all others OK.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:46:23 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

I gave up -paid- AVG after a virus got through and ate my hard drive.

Try Microsoft Security Essentials. Free, good, updated daily.
And _I_ can see centerfire.com with it active. ;

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Works here. Try http://centerfiresystems.com/

You may need to change DNS servers if your ISP blocks it for some
reason. Try 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl

===========
you can down load an antivirus for free from microsoft if
you are running:

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)*; Windows
Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2)*; Windows 7*

For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz
or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock
speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
200 MB of available hard disk space.
An Internet connection is required for installation and
to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for
Microsoft Security Essentials.
Internet Browser:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5201

details
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5201

Seems to work fine for me and picked up 3 infections I
didn't know I had with a paid commercial program.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"