Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are .jpg's blocked on this site?

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 5:24*pm, "Chas" wrote:
I sent in a *.jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

It's a usenet newsgroup, not a website. Only certain
newsgroups support pics, this isn't one of them.
If you want to share a pic you have to put it up on
a pic sharing website and post a link here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chas" wrote in :

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

This is a text-only newsgroup. Generally speaking, if the name of a newsgroup doesn't have
".binary" or ".binaries" somewhere in its name, you should assume that it's a text-only group.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:24:53 -0700, "Chas"
wrote:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

They should, this is not a binaries group. Post do a different group
or to a photo site with a link to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:36:36 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

"Chas" wrote in :

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

This is a text-only newsgroup. Generally speaking, if the name of a newsgroup doesn't have
".binary" or ".binaries" somewhere in its name, you should assume that it's a text-only group.

Correct. Wish this newsgroup was a binary because it would make it
easier to discuss things but of course you can post pics elsewhere and
include the link in your post here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

They should, this is not a binaries group. Post do a different group
or to a photo site with a link to it.

Lots of free sites like this one:

http://tinypic.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Apologies, around. I won't do it again. Until the next time.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
We've got some chemistry?

I'll try sending a JPEG just for fun. I've never tried on this site.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
On 2/27/2012 4:24 PM, Chas wrote:
I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not
posted.
They must block them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2012 4:24 PM, Chas wrote:
I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

Hey Chas, post your pictures to an image sharing site then post a link
here with any questions or comments and some sane person will usually
post an on topic answer. Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

http://photobucket.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:51:34 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

Sample link.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/14/232452-kate-upton-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-edition.jpg

Kate Upton is from Florida. The swimsuit was designed by a local in
Hendersen, NV -- down the road...

(post more binaries)
Posted to alt.home.repair

meow

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chas" wrote in
:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not
posted. They must block them.

there are free websites for posting pix,and then you post your message here
with the URL to your pix.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

Sample link.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/14/232452-kate-upton-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-edition.jpg

Kate Upton is from Florida. The swimsuit was designed by a local in
Hendersen, NV -- down the road...

(post more binaries)

They drew her bikini on with a Magic Marker. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote:

Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

Sample link.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/14/232452-kate-up....

Kate Upton is from Florida. *The swimsuit was designed by a local in
Hendersen, NV -- down the road...

(post more binaries)

They drew her bikini on with a Magic Marker. ^_^

TDD

Are they interviewing for that job?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

Sample link.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/14/232452-kate-upton-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-edition.jpg

Kate Upton is from Florida. The swimsuit was designed by a local in
Hendersen, NV -- down the road...

(post more binaries)

Not organic enough, this one is better. ^_^

http://www.theworldsbestever.com/200.../octopussy.jpg

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't worry about bizarre answers, they're not
personal, it's usually just someone being silly. ^_^

Sample link.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/14/232452-kate-upton-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-edition.jpg

Kate Upton is from Florida. The swimsuit was designed by a local in
Hendersen, NV -- down the road...

(post more binaries)

They drew her bikini on with a Magic Marker. ^_^

TDD

Hey. This month (?) the Playboy cover is from a local HS student from
Las Vegas. America just gets better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not
posted.
They must block them.

They are not banned, they are just not posted. It's best to post it at
flickr, photobucket, et al, then post the link.

HTH

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

"They" don't block them. They ignore them.

How does one even send a .jpg to here?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

"They" don't block them. They ignore them.

How does one even send a .jpg to here?

it actually depends on the newsservice being used. It's a rare
occurrence, but binaries have been known to show up in text groups.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sent in a .jpg drawing of a 3 pole switch diagram and it has not posted.
They must block them.

"They" don't block them. They ignore them.

How does one even send a .jpg to here?

You don't. This group is text only -- by designation.

Now, you might post the hex file and convert it back?