Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT internet site blocked

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:46:23 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

I gave up -paid- AVG after a virus got through and ate my hard drive.

Try Microsoft Security Essentials. Free, good, updated daily.
And _I_ can see centerfire.com with it active. ;

Use Revo Uninstaller to remove AVG, or there will still be thousands
of entries in the registry. There are four levels it can operate at.
You want the one at the bottom of the list. You run Revo, and wait for
it to load a list of all programs. Then right click on AVG and select
uninstall, and follow the instructions.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/18/2012 9:46 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl

I'm able to get there and I run AVG...

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT internet site blocked - JOY

Thanks everybody for all the help. All is well in my little computer
world.

Don't know why, but i really dread computer problems. Mostly because I
often fark it up worse flailing around.

Thanks again

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/18/2012 11:44 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:

I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly
quit working for me https://centerfiresystems.com/ It had worked for
a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them
for sales.

Works here. Try http://centerfiresystems.com/

You may need to change DNS servers if your ISP blocks it for some
reason. Try 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8

Karl, I use XP, Firefox, and AVG and I just went to
centerfiresystems.com and had no problems. Check your settings in AVG.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:46:13 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Thanks everybody for all the help. All is well in my little computer
world.

Don't know why, but i really dread computer problems. Mostly because I
often fark it up worse flailing around.

Thanks again

Karl

So what was the problem and what was the fix? I know the result of the
problem but not what caused it ion the first place.
Thanks,
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl

Delete AVG and then reinstall the latest version.

I run AVG and I have no problems getting to centerfire

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks!! Works a treat cleaning up some bits and pieces I downloaded
and could never quite get free of!

Many thanks!!!

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using Advanced System Care 5 for removing tidbits from my
registry files. Any more reviews on that prog, guys?
Freeware or Pro, which is $13 on sale. Annual update.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using Advanced System Care 5 for removing tidbits from my
registry files. Any more reviews on that prog, guys?
Freeware or Pro, which is $13 on sale. Annual update.

I've used Revo (free) for about two years, and it's been a great
reapir & maintenence tool. It has saved me from reinstalling the OS on
a lot of computers. I've never tried Advanced System Care 5.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:17:33 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using Advanced System Care 5 for removing tidbits from my
registry files. Any more reviews on that prog, guys?
Freeware or Pro, which is $13 on sale. Annual update.

I've used Revo (free) for about two years, and it's been a great
reapir & maintenence tool. It has saved me from reinstalling the OS on
a lot of computers. I've never tried Advanced System Care 5.

FWIW, the free version did not see my AVG. I had to download the 30
day trial of the paid version.

But I'm sure if I had just used windoze uninstall a ton crap would
have been left behind
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using Advanced System Care 5 for removing tidbits from my
registry files. Any more reviews on that prog, guys?
Freeware or Pro, which is $13 on sale. Annual update.

I've used Revo (free) for about two years, and it's been a great
reapir & maintenence tool. It has saved me from reinstalling the OS on
a lot of computers. I've never tried Advanced System Care 5.

FWIW, the free version did not see my AVG. I had to download the 30
day trial of the paid version.

But I'm sure if I had just used windoze uninstall a ton crap would
have been left behind

Definately. AVG adds over a thousand registry entries, and doesn't
unistall them all. AOL was worse. Especially on computers with a lot
of versions installed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl

I'm running AVG on this PC and I had no issue visiting that site.