Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT internet site blocked - JOY

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:58:02 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:55:17 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:46:13 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Thanks everybody for all the help. All is well in my little computer
world.

Don't know why, but i really dread computer problems. Mostly because I
often fark it up worse flailing around.

Thanks again

Karl

So what was the problem and what was the fix? I know the result of the
problem but not what caused it ion the first place.
Thanks,
Eric

I first found it worked with a proxy server, proving it was a problem
on this end. Went though a very long list of items and accidently
stumbed over turning AVG off fixed it. So I now have a new microsoft
virus software running.

For me, working on puter problems is stumbling around in the dark.
just glad its over.

Karl

Thanks Karl. I've had trouble with AVG on one of my machines too. I
may need to reinstall it. It is supposed to scan at midnight but
instead waits until I start to use the computer, even though the
computer is always on. And when it scans it really slows the machine
up. GRRR.
Eric