Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT internet site blocked

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:46:23 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

... and more likely the site
is being blocked by firewall software on your computer.

I just learned its coming from my AVG anitvirus program. If I disable
this program, things work fine.

Just in case someone knows something about AVG, I'll try to fix it.
Otherwise, its time to dump this one and find another anitvirus
software.

karl

===========
you can down load an antivirus for free from microsoft if
you are running:

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)*; Windows
Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2)*; Windows 7*

For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz
or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock
speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
200 MB of available hard disk space.
An Internet connection is required for installation and
to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for
Microsoft Security Essentials.
Internet Browser:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5201

details
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5201

Seems to work fine for me and picked up 3 infections I
didn't know I had with a paid commercial program.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"