Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rebuilding a Mass Air Flow Sensor

This has absolutely nothing to do with RCM, but you fellers are the highly intelly gent, worldly types (not unlike my self... hyuk hyuk) only smarter.

Anyway, I need to either figure out how to rebuild the air flow sensor assy on an old Eclipse or shell out $400+ for a rebuilt one or donate it for next to nothing off my taxes.

Anyone have any tips on rebuilding one of these or know anyone who can do it? I got no responses from the car groups, and thought maybe one of the electronics RCM gurus here might point me in the right direction with this.

It goes on a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse (same as Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser). This one's DOHC non-turbo.

Here's the sensor:
http://tinyurl.com/MassAirFlowSensor-90-Eclipse

New part is $650, used is $450. None at the local junk yards around here.

Thanks in advance.

Bob