Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Rebuilding a Mass Air Flow Sensor

Guv Bob wrote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with RCM, but you fellers are the highly intelly gent, worldly types (not unlike my self... hyuk hyuk) only smarter.

Anyway, I need to either figure out how to rebuild the air flow sensor assy on an old Eclipse or shell out $400+ for a rebuilt one or donate it for next to nothing off my taxes.

Anyone have any tips on rebuilding one of these or know anyone who can do it? I got no responses from the car groups, and thought maybe one of the electronics RCM gurus here might point me in the right direction with this.

It goes on a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse (same as Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser). This one's DOHC non-turbo.

Here's the sensor:
http://tinyurl.com/MassAirFlowSensor-90-Eclipse

New part is $650, used is $450. None at the local junk yards around here.

From my Favorite Auto Parts Place, rockauto.com:

A-1 CARDONE Part # 7460000 Remanufactured
Price Core Total
$188.79 $18.00 $206.79

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # MF0426 Remanufactured
Price Core Total
$207.79 $40.00 $247.79

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1570192 Remanufactured
Price Core Total
$308.99 $25.20 $334.19

BOSCH Part # 63030 Air Flow Meter - New
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
Price Core Total
$522.89 $0.00 $522.89

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 5S2647 - New
EXC. TURBO
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
Price Core Total
$640.79 $0.00 $640.79

--Winston