mark Ransley

Default Low flow bowl to a normal flow tank for toliet. Can I do this?

3 gal through a 1.5 gallon hole, sounds messy, Let us know if it works.

jim

Childfree Scott wrote:

I was just curious if I can replace just my toilet bowl and reuse my
existing tank. That way I would be pushing 3 gallons of so through a
low flow bowl. I would think that would give me a really good flush.
Anyone try this or do they make them incompatible with each other or
something?

they dont match up and besides the old bowl is better than the new
bowl,,, the new toilet bowl is also the problem with a bad flush as it
has a smaller diameter exit hole(cavity) to let the waste exit........
Michael Baugh

The bolt pattern is different. There is an adapter for less than
5 dollars, Home Depot had them. Or you can mak one for
yourself with a couple of flat steel stock with the holes positioned
properly. Not a big deal.

Childfree Scott wrote in message
om...
I was just curious if I can replace just my toilet bowl and reuse my
existing tank. That way I would be pushing 3 gallons of so through a
low flow bowl. I would think that would give me a really good flush.
Anyone try this or do they make them incompatible with each other or
something?

Joseph Meehan

There are more differences between the two parts than just the tank.
The bowls are designed differently and I wonder is you might experience
overflow possibilities if there was a clog.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Childfree Scott" wrote in message
om...
I was just curious if I can replace just my toilet bowl and reuse my
existing tank. That way I would be pushing 3 gallons of so through a
low flow bowl. I would think that would give me a really good flush.
Anyone try this or do they make them incompatible with each other or
something?

Alan

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:18:58 GMT, jim wrote:

Childfree Scott wrote:

I was just curious if I can replace just my toilet bowl and reuse my
existing tank. That way I would be pushing 3 gallons of so through a
low flow bowl. I would think that would give me a really good flush.
Anyone try this or do they make them incompatible with each other or
something?

they dont match up and besides the old bowl is better than the new
bowl,,, the new toilet bowl is also the problem with a bad flush as it
has a smaller diameter exit hole(cavity) to let the waste exit........

My new bowl is much better than the old, both for flushing better and
keeping itself clean.

Michael Baugh

Same here. But then, it's an American Standard Cadet.

Alan wrote in message
news

My new bowl is much better than the old, both for flushing better and
keeping itself clean.

Childfree Scott

The bolt pattern is different. There is an adapter for less than
5 dollars, Home Depot had them.

Interesting. I knew that there had to be someone who has already done
this. I was asking in the theoretical sense. Just hoping to come
across someone who had and could report back.

Michael Baugh

I had made one with a couple of simple lengths of steel with
two holes in each, and someone in this group told me about
the adapter.

When I was doing a lot of experimenting, I had put an old
3.5 gallon tank on my American Standard Cadet commode.
We ran it for quite a while with that, and verified that it did
indeed flush very nicely with less water. We first put a one
gallon container in the tank. Still flushed great. Then I put a
couple of 2-quart ones in. Still an excellent flush, with no
double-flushes.

My current 'tank' is a section of 6" pipe, in the wall, that holds
exactly 1.5 gallons of water. And people that flush it for the
first time are startled at how quickly and thoroughly it flushes.

Childfree Scott wrote in message
om...
The bolt pattern is different. There is an adapter for less than
5 dollars, Home Depot had them.

Interesting. I knew that there had to be someone who has already done
this. I was asking in the theoretical sense. Just hoping to come
across someone who had and could report back.

Michael Baugh

By the way, before making such a change, check to see
how big the opening into the commode is. Some commodes
were taken into the 1.6 gallon/flush era by simple narrowing the
inlet. How pathetic. 2" opening from the tank, an inch into the
commode portion.
The Cadet commode inlet has an opening of a little over 2".