Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tnik tnik is offline

Default Idling Too Rich -- (Was: Rebuilding a Mass Air Flow Sensor)

On 2/10/2012 11:50 AM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Guv wrote in message m...
Last time you remember....... well, I swapped my MAS into another Eclipse and saw that it was OK, so that's good and bad. Now back to square one.

After a lot of tinkering, it starts and runs fine at road speed. Dies at idle and is idling rich. First thought was to manually adjust the idle mixture. Wrong. Can't do it on this car -- everything comes from the computer.

So I'm going to take another swing at it this weekend. Any suggestions from the wise folks here what to look at next?

Many thanks in advance.

Bob

Hrmm.. If you have a known good eclipse, can you swap the brains out?

Tom