Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One of those days

I go out and I notice that it looks like someone has applied about one ounce
of C4 to my trailer tire. Tire is blown to bits, and fender is hanging by
one bolt. Trailer has not been moved since last use, when I added air to a
full load of firewood due to looking very low.

I get into truck. The center console has a wooden tray that I and SWMBO
uses for collection point for numerous (NUMEROUS!) items. It is orange.
Upon closer examination, Police grade pepper spray canister (LARGE) has
apparently discharged in the summer sun. Luckily, it was covered by lots
and lots of free napkins from various fast food outlets. None got on
interior of seats or roof! ( I consider this akin to winning the lottery in
terms of odds.)

So, people, watch tire pressure on parked vehicles in direct sunlight, and
keep your pepper spray out of the sun.

Steve

PS: It wasted a good $20 leather Gall's belt holder. Ate it up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" on Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:58:18
[...]

Same goes for cans of pop. Got into the Toyota after work, and
wondered how 'oil' got on the windshield. Wasn't till I looked out
the driver's window that I saw the spray pattern, then looked on the
passenger seat. Yep, coke can with that familiar "cooked off" look:
the can had bulged until the pop top failed.
Sigh, messy.

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My GF thought it would be romantic to make the bedroom into something
like a disco hall. She cut open 4 Cyalume light sticks, and slung the
contents around the whole room. OK, it was interesting, but the stuff
is toxic, and it ate into the wood bed frame, wall paint and
everything plastic. When I tried to wipe it off, the paint, top layer
of plastic on the Toshibe 32" TV, My DVD recorder, etc came with it.
Ruined everything. It was suposed to be a 'suprise', so I didn't know
until she had already done it.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:58:18 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:25:21 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

And don't leave a case of cola in the trunk in winter DAMHIKT.
Trunk interiors are damned awkward to wash!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No they aren't. Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and
hose 'er out, Jer.

P.S: If the carpet is glued in, cut around the plugs and pull them up
before hosing.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller on Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:15:50 -0400
wrote:

[...]

LOL. My brother worked the graveyard shift in Minneso-cold, the
winter it was Really Cold. ("Forty below keeps the riff-raff out.")
Bundled up in the necessary moon suit, he'd turn the heat down, till a
bottle in the stack near the window would break. "Ooops, need to
boost the heat a bit."

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

And don't leave a case of cola in the trunk in winter DAMHIKT.
Trunk interiors are damned awkward to wash!

I only buy soft drinks in plastic bottles during the winter. They hold up a bit better.

Szumi
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:

My GF thought it would be romantic to make the bedroom into something
like a disco hall. She cut open 4 Cyalume light sticks, and slung the
contents around the whole room. OK, it was interesting, but the stuff
is toxic, and it ate into the wood bed frame, wall paint and
everything plastic. When I tried to wipe it off, the paint, top layer
of plastic on the Toshibe 32" TV, My DVD recorder, etc came with it.
Ruined everything. It was suposed to be a 'suprise', so I didn't know
until she had already done it.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Tell her to stick to candles. You only get smoke trails on the ceiling.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Except that the rear seat back cushion is not exactly waterproof, nor
easily removed.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

And don't leave a case of cola in the trunk in winter DAMHIKT.
Trunk interiors are damned awkward to wash!

No they aren't. Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and
hose 'er out, Jer.

P.S: If the carpet is glued in, cut around the plugs and pull them up
before hosing.

Except that the rear seat back cushion is not exactly waterproof, nor
easily removed.

Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and more -carefully-
hose 'er out.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln

One dem days ........... Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 12 July 22nd 11 07:17 PM
OT-143 days Wes[_2_] Metalworking 12 August 3rd 08 02:06 AM
O/T: It' Been One Of Those days Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 12 May 2nd 08 10:57 PM
Win XP goes off after 30 days [email protected] Electronics Repair 33 March 5th 08 01:30 AM
Those were the days! bobandcarole Electronics Repair 12 September 18th 06 06:39 PM