Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default One of those days

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:15:50 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:25:21 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Steve B" on Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:58:18
I go out and I notice that it looks like someone has applied about one ounce
of C4 to my trailer tire. Tire is blown to bits, and fender is hanging by
one bolt. Trailer has not been moved since last use, when I added air to a
full load of firewood due to looking very low.

I get into truck. The center console has a wooden tray that I and SWMBO
uses for collection point for numerous (NUMEROUS!) items. It is orange.
Upon closer examination, Police grade pepper spray canister (LARGE) has
apparently discharged in the summer sun. Luckily, it was covered by lots
and lots of free napkins from various fast food outlets. None got on
interior of seats or roof! ( I consider this akin to winning the lottery in
terms of odds.)

So, people, watch tire pressure on parked vehicles in direct sunlight, and
keep your pepper spray out of the sun.

Steve

PS: It wasted a good $20 leather Gall's belt holder. Ate it up.

Same goes for cans of pop. Got into the Toyota after work, and
wondered how 'oil' got on the windshield. Wasn't till I looked out
the driver's window that I saw the spray pattern, then looked on the
passenger seat. Yep, coke can with that familiar "cooked off" look:
the can had bulged until the pop top failed.
Sigh, messy.

And don't leave a case of cola in the trunk in winter DAMHIKT.
Trunk interiors are damned awkward to wash!

No they aren't. Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and
hose 'er out, Jer.

P.S: If the carpet is glued in, cut around the plugs and pull them up
before hosing.

Except that the rear seat back cushion is not exactly waterproof, nor
easily removed.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada