Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-143 days

RB wrote:

Intelligence that is not tempered with experience is a dangerous thing.

I think W. F. Buckleys commnent on being governed by the first 1000 names in the Boston
telephone directory vs the facility at Harvard applies.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
RB wrote:

Intelligence that is not tempered with experience is a dangerous thing.

I think W. F. Buckleys commnent on being governed by the first 1000 names
in the Boston
telephone directory vs the facility at Harvard applies.

Buckley was being ironic, since he was one of the most elitist New England
Brahmins of the last half-century. His father was an oil baron and he
started his formal education in France, and then in an elite school in
London. He finished at Beaumont College in England and graduated from the
elitist Millbrook School in New York. He was Skull and Bones at Yale and he
played the harpsichord.

Notice that he didn't say anything about the faculty at Yale. He probably
would have favored having them in charge, and, like most Yalies, he would
have preferred to use poison gas on Harvard. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Notice that he didn't say anything about the faculty at Yale. He probably
would have favored having them in charge, and, like most Yalies, he would
have preferred to use poison gas on Harvard. d8-)

Well, I'd take my chances on someone from Texas A&M over Yale or Harvard.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:04:39 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

RB wrote:

Intelligence that is not tempered with experience is a dangerous thing.

I think W. F. Buckleys commnent on being governed by the first 1000 names in the Boston
telephone directory vs the facility at Harvard applies.

Quote that for us, will ya, Wes?

I still think that hiring a random sampling from the public to take
over our Congresscritters' jobs would result in fewer problems and
less crap than we've been getting from D.C. At least a FEW of them
would be able to resist the bribes and payola, don't you think?

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:00:33 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Notice that he didn't say anything about the faculty at Yale. He probably
would have favored having them in charge, and, like most Yalies, he would
have preferred to use poison gas on Harvard. d8-)

Well, I'd take my chances on someone from Texas A&M over Yale or Harvard.

Aggies, from _Bush_ country? Oy vay.

There were three Aggies huddled around each other at a local bar. All
of a sudden, they jumped up and yelled, "Yeah, 45! 45!"

The bartender goes down to them and asks, "45? What are you guys so
excited about?"

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Notice that he didn't say anything about the faculty at Yale. He probably
would have favored having them in charge, and, like most Yalies, he would
have preferred to use poison gas on Harvard. d8-)

Well, I'd take my chances on someone from Texas A&M over Yale or Harvard.

I would, too, if the job in question was building an irrigation system or a
meat-packing plant.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Notice that he didn't say anything about the faculty at Yale. He probably
would have favored having them in charge, and, like most Yalies, he would
have preferred to use poison gas on Harvard. d8-)

Well, I'd take my chances on someone from Texas A&M over Yale or Harvard.

Wes

You just took your chances with someone from Texas. Look where that got you.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Last damn beer in the six pack and I just blew a swallow on the screen. Good one.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Last damn beer in the six pack and I just blew a swallow on the screen. Good one.

Wes

Sorry: I had to read that 3 times before I burst out laughing.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:39:13 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Last damn beer in the six pack and I just blew a swallow on the screen. Good one.

What are you doing reading old posts like that. That was months ago,
IIRC.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:44:18 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew
Hartswick quickly quoth:

Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Last damn beer in the six pack and I just blew a swallow on the screen. Good one.

Wes

Sorry: I had to read that 3 times before I burst out laughing.

Texas A&M grad, are ya, Lew?

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the Aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The
box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Last damn beer in the six pack and I just blew a swallow on the screen. Good one.

Wes

Sorry: I had to read that 3 times before I burst out laughing.

Texas A&M grad, are ya, Lew?

No. A Penn State "drop out". :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Seriously, there are puzzles that are a mad hatters prize.
They take so long due to the lack of information.
e.g. no picture, black and white, some fit many places but has change
the other side of itself for another region. Think triangle and 2 sides fit.

Some have pictures both sides. Ugly, Ugly.

Martin
[ Graduated and enjoyed the time at two Texas A&M Universities.]
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

OT-143 days Wes[_2_] Metalworking 154 July 9th 08 04:01 AM
O/T: It' Been One Of Those days Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 12 May 2nd 08 10:57 PM
Win XP goes off after 30 days [email protected] Electronics Repair 33 March 5th 08 01:30 AM
Is everything around $400 these days? MRS. CLEAN Home Repair 8 November 6th 06 08:29 PM
Those were the days! bobandcarole Electronics Repair 12 September 18th 06 06:39 PM