Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sorta On Topic, Maybe? Beta-surfing the new AutoDrill site...

We recently semi-launched a new web site and it seems to be working great
for the most part. I'm looking for some metalworking minded folks to
critique it from the following perspectives:

1. Does it work flawlessly in your browser? Particularly, IE, FFox, Chrome,
etc. ...I suppose anyone can do this, but I trust you guys.

2. Content errors? See any? Did I call an ER collet chuck a gear, etc?

We are still putting all the nuts and bolts together, but the extra eyes
would be appreciated.

I'll also be asking the woodworking group I'm in so if it gets you motivated
to think of it as a competition to find stuff faster than them, that's fine.
grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

I would like to offer some purely SEO related suggestions if you do
not mind.

Replace link titles such as "Electro-Mechanical" to
"Electro-Mechanical Spindle Drives".

If these are new URLs, replace URLs like emdrives.htm, to
Electro-Mechanical-Spindle-Drives.htm

Definitely use page titles that are specific to the pages.

For example, use page title "ElectroMechanical Spindle Drives" instead
of "Production Self Feeding Drill Units, Drill Heads, Multiple Spindle
Drilling".

Everything I see is really great, you ran first for a lot of good
queries.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus10266" wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

I would like to offer some purely SEO related suggestions if you do
not mind.

Replace link titles such as "Electro-Mechanical" to
"Electro-Mechanical Spindle Drives".

If these are new URLs, replace URLs like emdrives.htm, to
Electro-Mechanical-Spindle-Drives.htm

Definitely use page titles that are specific to the pages.

For example, use page title "ElectroMechanical Spindle Drives" instead
of "Production Self Feeding Drill Units, Drill Heads, Multiple Spindle
Drilling".

Everything I see is really great, you ran first for a lot of good
queries.

Thanks for the critique and the great suggestions! I should have considered
that earlier...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill Inscribed thus:

[...]

Just a passing comment, the AutoDrill pdf has white lines running
through the pictures at the beginning.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Baron" wrote in message
Just a passing comment, the AutoDrill pdf has white lines running
through the pictures at the beginning.

Baron,

Sure does! Thanks for the catch. ...Now to find that original file and
generate a new PDF... Hmm...

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com. The lit
is the same on all so I still found the error.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus10266" wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-13, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Ignoramus10266" wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!

No, the auto drill website.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-13, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Ignoramus10266" wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!

This one looks nice, but link flow is extremely weird.

If I click on products, I go to products, but them am redirected again
and end up on the same home page ???

Are those links from the top menu available to search engines?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 04/13/2011 01:45 PM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
id wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!

I didn't look close (I really ought to be working), but I did note that
this page:
http://www.drill-hq.com/products/automation-control/

really ought to have links to these pages:
http://www.drill-hq.com/products/aut...atic-controls/
http://www.drill-hq.com/products/aut...ectric-panels/

as they are referenced from the menu "products". I don't know if this
omission is present elsewhere, and fer crying out loud, I need to go
apply myself to something other than newsgrouping!

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/13/2011 12:59 PM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Well, call me a butt-head, but I don't care one bit for the moving,
flashing pictures on the first page. There seems to be no way to stop
the thing, at least permanently. The pictures are perfect, once they
stop the funny stuff for a second. One time through, automatically, then
let me pick what I want to see.

I often buy pretty expensive equipment for my company, and the second
thing I always look at is company history, then the names of the
principals. Might put the company info link second in line, not the
products.

The site map usually goes somewhere in the fine print at the bottom of
the page. I very rarely use a site map on a business search.

By the way, I am using Firefox 3.6.16 on Windows XP.

Paul Drahn, President
Jodeco, Inc.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote
We recently semi-launched a new web site and it seems to be working
great for the most part. I'm looking for some metalworking minded
folks to critique it from the following perspectives:

1. Does it work flawlessly in your browser? Particularly, IE, FFox,
Chrome, etc. ...I suppose anyone can do this, but I trust you guys.

2. Content errors? See any? Did I call an ER collet chuck a gear,
etc?

We are still putting all the nuts and bolts together, but the extra
eyes would be appreciated.

I'll also be asking the woodworking group I'm in so if it gets you
motivated to think of it as a competition to find stuff faster than
them, that's fine. grin

On the history page, the Site map on the left disappears. With no
dates other than the founding you sound unaccomplished. Dates can
include engineering accomplishments product lines added/developed,
moving locations, hitting new sales heights, Starting your blog...

I would also suggest that the site map should be sorted the same way
as the top menu bar. It looks odd having to determine what you have
looked at if you switch between the two.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-13, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
We recently semi-launched a new web site and it seems to be working great
for the most part. I'm looking for some metalworking minded folks to
critique it from the following perspectives:

1. Does it work flawlessly in your browser? Particularly, IE, FFox, Chrome,
etc. ...I suppose anyone can do this, but I trust you guys.

So far -- it looks good in Opera under Solaris 10 OS. I don't
have Javascript enabled, and see no problems from that. Nor do I have
plugins enabled.

I do see one thing which may or may not be intentional. Only
(so far) in the subpage http://www.autodrill.com/access.htm are the
"2000 Series AutoDrill" and "2100 Series AutoDrill" visible in the first
set of menus to the left (above "Spindle Drives").

I didn't bother downloading the catalogs or the CAD drawings,
but things seem to work smoothly -- it is just that I am due in bed
already. :-)

2. Content errors? See any? Did I call an ER collet chuck a gear, etc?

I didn't read that deeply -- too late.

We are still putting all the nuts and bolts together, but the extra eyes
would be appreciated.

Well ... you have my rather atypical browser/OS combination as q
quick-and-dirty test.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-13, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Ignoramus10266" wrote in message
Joe, great looking website. Works great in Chrome under Linux.

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Oops!

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!

I just started with the first link in the list at the bottom of
the original post, expecting the links to take me everywhere eventually.

This looks different -- but seems to work, without me having
time to dig through it all right now.

Same Opera/Solaris-10 OS combination FWIW.

Drop-Down menus on the first entry seem a little difficult to
read -- gray on black instead of white on black.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-13, Paul Drahn wrote:
On 4/13/2011 12:59 PM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
We recently semi-launched a new web site and it seems to be working great
for the most part. I'm looking for some metalworking minded folks to
critique it from the following perspectives:

[ ... ]

Well, call me a butt-head, but I don't care one bit for the moving,
flashing pictures on the first page. There seems to be no way to stop
the thing, at least permanently. The pictures are perfect, once they
stop the funny stuff for a second. One time through, automatically, then
let me pick what I want to see.

Hmm ... I didn't see them, but I have plugins (which include
flash) turned off by default, along with JavaScript.

Again -- Opera with Solaris 10 OS.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com
VIDEOS:http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER:http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Looks good in Firefox 4.0. You have both clickable and non clickable
titles on the Home page.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This one looks nice, but link flow is extremely weird.

If I click on products, I go to products, but them am redirected again
and end up on the same home page ???

That's one of the content fixes in the works. Those are meant to be
roll-overs and not clicks... But people are always in the habit of clicking
so it's kind of... Well.. Kooky right now.

Are those links from the top menu available to search engines?

I believe they are. At least Google from what I understand. Google is good
at pulling content from places like that. It's worth checking though so
I'll do just that.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

BTW, the site I meant to send out for testing is www.Drill-HQ.com.

Oops!

Mine, not yours!!!

Is that the one you tried? I forgot the link in my original post!

I just started with the first link in the list at the bottom of
the original post, expecting the links to take me everywhere eventually.

This looks different -- but seems to work, without me having
time to dig through it all right now.

Same Opera/Solaris-10 OS combination FWIW.

Drop-Down menus on the first entry seem a little difficult to
read -- gray on black instead of white on black.

Gotta see if that's an easy fix... Makes sense.