Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shame: Ignoring Death Threats to Wisconsin Politicians Is Media Bias

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500, technomaNge
wrote:

On 03/19/2011 03:08 PM, Boris Kapusta wrote:
Three questions for you.

Do you think of Republicans and the Tea Party as dangerous, violent
extremists?

Do you think the Wisconsin protests over GOP Governor Scott Walker's
move to strip public sector employees of collective bargaining were
peaceful?

Do you scoff at the right wing notion that mainstream media like the
New York Times, the TV networks and NPR have a liberal media bias
against the conservatives?

If you answered 'yes' to all three of those questions, then let me ask
you one more...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-st..._b_835805.html

Lee Stranahan is about to lose his gig at HuffPo, 'soon as Arianna sees
sympathy for the Tea Party.

Kudos to Lee for stepping up.

BTW, I answered all 3 of his questions with "NO".

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

How did he get published on Hufpo? Will the "Jumpy-Uppy-Downey" liberals swarm him?
This IS going to be fun to see how liberals sputter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/20/2011 3:09 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

If you answered 'yes' to all three of those questions, then let me ask
you one more...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-st..._b_835805.html

Lee Stranahan is about to lose his gig at HuffPo, 'soon as Arianna sees
sympathy for the Tea Party.

Kudos to Lee for stepping up.

BTW, I answered all 3 of his questions with "NO".

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey

How did he get published on Hufpo? Will the "Jumpy-Uppy-Downey" liberals swarm him?
This IS going to be fun to see how liberals sputter.

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred. There is no excuse from death threats from anyone
against a legitimately elected politician at any time, and anyone who
does not condemn this is certainly not a liberal. You can speak for
your conservative buddies, I see that you personally didn't condemn it.
I do.

--
www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:11:22 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

....while being engaged in it with their Demonrat cohorts in CONgress.
Too many have followed the Way of the Blues.

--
"I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded
professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Thanks,
Rich

Why do you say that? I am pretty sure there is not a politician alive
Democrat or Republican that hates Goldman Sachs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/20/2011 2:11 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Thanks,
Rich

interesting - very interesting - so you don't think they should hate
this kind of threat? but that they should hate those who wish to employ
taxes to keep people from dying on the streets - did you really mean to
say that?

--
www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

I don't know why conservatives would take offense if someone made death
threats to right wing politicians? After all, if you want to count up
death threats made to anyone it's usually some conservative doing it.
How about bombings? That's conservatives doing that too. Assassinations
of doctors? Again, it's conservatives doing it. The truth is when it
comes to murder, bombings, and threats of death or violence it's almost
always a conservative doing it. So when they hear of a liberal doing
that I would think they would identify with him. I would think they
would respect him for acting just like they would. But I guess that's
not the case. It seems that conservatives find making death threats
really, really wrong. At least when a liberal does it. Not so much when
it's one of them.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

interesting - very interesting - so you don't think they should hate
this kind of threat?

Oh, well, yeah, death threats should be "hated" and prosecuted to the
full extent of the law, as long as you don't infringe on the First
Amendment.

I was merely addressing the "swallow the republican hatred" part.

but that they should hate those who wish to employ
taxes to keep people from dying on the streets - did you really mean to
say that?

What are you talking about? Other than in Japan and the places where we're
making war, who's dying in the streets?

But yes, I do hate having my money confiscated out of my paycheck to
support the lazy and negligent - isn't that what the churches are
for?

I don't know if that's a republican or democrat value - I'm a Libertarian,
and can't understand the mentality of either polarity of extremist.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you
think that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel
obliged to swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Why then do they do it?

Got facts and figures, or is this just more of the Chicken Little-style
fear-mongering?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 20, 9:01*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

but that they should hate those who wish to employ
taxes to keep people from dying on the streets - did you really mean to
say that?

What are you talking about? Other than in Japan and the places where we're
making war, who's dying in the streets?

Rich, you really need to get out more. Read a newspaper once in a
while.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

Hello McFly?
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/39760

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

[...]

That's a good one. A libertarian, who by definition is an extremist,
doesn't understand the mentality of other extremists. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ho,
Ho, Ho, that's funny. Your extremism you can understand but not anyone
else's. That's what they all say.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

I was referring to bombings done by individuals not the military. Like
bombings of abortion clinics or the Olympics. That kind of thing.
Nothing to do with the military.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

Oh, I see. You meant like the Weather Underground!
Wait, those were all lefties.
Now look who has egg on their beak!

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2004...weather_012904

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

You're absolutely right! Politics can NEVER be taken to a personal level. I like a
good argument, most people do. Yet threats can NOT be tolerated...by ANY side. Nor
should political arguments ever overflow the box they are supposed to be in.

My astonishment is a non-liberal article on Hufpo. How did THAT happen? Is it due to
the change of ownership? Will we see "Obama, 2012" ads on Fox?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

Hawke has selective hearing, seeing, reading, watching, learning, etc., etc., etc...
If it doesn't fit the agenda he was told to have, it doesn't exist.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you
think that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel
obliged to swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Why then do they do it?

Got facts and figures, or is this just more of the Chicken
Little-style fear-mongering?

WellRich,
You are the one that said "I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate
theft, extortion, and other institutionalized criminality."
Any proof of that?

As much as you have proof of your claims.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2011 1:28 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you
think that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will
feel obliged to swallow this hatred.

I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate theft, extortion, and
other institutionalized criminality.

Why then do they do it?

Got facts and figures, or is this just more of the Chicken
Little-style fear-mongering?

WellRich,
You are the one that said "I'm pretty sure the republicans only hate
theft, extortion, and other institutionalized criminality."
Any proof of that?

As much as you have proof of your claims.

LOL
Jack Abramoff went to jail Rich, and Tom Delay is now a convicted felon.
You don't get more Republican than those two.

In my book those two are the best possible examples of republicans.
Lying, crooked, hypocrites, of which you won't find any worse no matter
how hard you look. Those two demonstrated the values of real
republicans. Knowing what kind of people these two are how can anyone
blame me for despising republicans? I don't see how anyone could hold a
positive opinion of either one of those snakes. But I know they do.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

[...]

Wasn't that some group from like 50 or 60 years ago? Why, yes it was.
Which just shows how far you have to go to dig up some dirt on the left.
On the other hand, we have people on your side bombing and shooting
people right now. How about that McVeigh guy? Was he a liberal too? No
siree, that boy was as right wing as you can get.

So face it. The out of control killers and bombers are on the right wing
side. Because if you're going to go back to the 50s or 60s to find bad
liberals then I'm going to go back to the Civil War.

Hawke