Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Shame: Ignoring Death Threats to Wisconsin Politicians Is MediaBias

On 3/20/2011 11:17 AM, Bill Noble wrote:
On 3/20/2011 3:09 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:19:31 -0500,
wrote:

snip

If you answered 'yes' to all three of those questions, then let me ask
you one more...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-st..._b_835805.html

Lee Stranahan is about to lose his gig at HuffPo, 'soon as Arianna sees
sympathy for the Tea Party.

Kudos to Lee for stepping up.

BTW, I answered all 3 of his questions with "NO".

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey

How did he get published on Hufpo? Will the "Jumpy-Uppy-Downey"
liberals swarm him?
This IS going to be fun to see how liberals sputter.

hate speech from any side is not acceptable. I don't see why you think
that those who don't swallow the republican hatred will feel obliged to
swallow this hatred. There is no excuse from death threats from anyone
against a legitimately elected politician at any time, and anyone who
does not condemn this is certainly not a liberal. You can speak for your
conservative buddies, I see that you personally didn't condemn it. I do.

I don't know why conservatives would take offense if someone made death
threats to right wing politicians? After all, if you want to count up
death threats made to anyone it's usually some conservative doing it.
How about bombings? That's conservatives doing that too. Assassinations
of doctors? Again, it's conservatives doing it. The truth is when it
comes to murder, bombings, and threats of death or violence it's almost
always a conservative doing it. So when they hear of a liberal doing
that I would think they would identify with him. I would think they
would respect him for acting just like they would. But I guess that's
not the case. It seems that conservatives find making death threats
really, really wrong. At least when a liberal does it. Not so much when
it's one of them.

Hawke