Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap swivel casters/wheels?

Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...

I feel you pain. I was in the local HF last night and they had not one
cast-iron-wheeled caster, all were plastic of some sort or another.

I need about 5 sets of 3" steel or iron wheel casters.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bj bj is offline

Check here.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/wheels....catname=wheels

Bruce

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem
house give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a
larger order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 8:57*am, RBnDFW wrote:
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? *Yeah, always beggin...

I feel you pain. I was in the local HF last night and they had not one
cast-iron-wheeled caster, all were plastic of some sort or another.

I need about 5 sets of 3" steel or iron wheel casters.

I got mine from the hardware store. HF around here has had the steel
wheeled ones on the shelf, they looked OK, haven't actually used any,
though.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 8:36*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? *Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

Good casters cost real money for a reason...because good casters take
effort and material to make.

Compare a good caster to a cheap caster...the difference in quality is
easily detected.

What are you putting these casters on?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem

house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

How about getting one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38970 and
then use it's wheels?

These are pretty good quality and are rated for 250lbs each.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"bj" wrote in message
Check here.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/wheels....catname=wheels

Excellent, thank you. *Real* casters, at HF prices, mebbe even better.
--
EA

Bruce

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem
house give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a
larger order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem

house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

How about getting one of these:
and
then use it's wheels?

These are pretty good quality and are rated for 250lbs each.

Bigger than what I need -- I'm in the 1.5" ballpark, 75# per wheel.

But, it is a good idea, and indeed, for what you would pay at HD for effing
casters, you would come out ahead this way.
I had this same idea some time ago, when I thought I might need these sized
wheels. Sometimes Nat. Wholesale Liq has these dollies at this $15 price.

Then, with the leftover wood, you can make a small picket fence or sumpn....

Incredible, how that works, eh? Right in line with: cheaper to buy new
than to fix..... which in my mind is a major zeitgeist-ical factor in this
whole environmental/overpopulation affair.

If we took the responsibility to fix **** as an *obligation*, instead of the
mad mad mad dash to frantically produce new ****, we'd likely find this to
be an "automatic limiter" in terms of wanton expansion, crazed
Ponzi/cancer-like economic "growth".

Our species has been oft-referred to as a cancer.
--
EA

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 2:57*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
[...]

they come up with this striped stuff.- Hide quoted text -

Producing new stuff makes companies more money than you or I fixing
the old stuff.

If we owned the companies, we would want everyone to buy new stuff.

And yes...our species is a cancer in the sense of how we affect our
host world.

A trait of a cancer is that it finally kills the host...and then the
cancer dies.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What are you moving? Old shopping cart wheels are decent, and free.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 4:40*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
What are you moving? *Old shopping cart wheels are decent, and free.

Steve

Where are they free?

Any store who owns carts maintains those carts which includes
replacing bad wheels.

I buy a lot of surplus...and have never seen shopping carts for sale.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem

house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

How about getting one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38970 and
then use it's wheels?

These are pretty good quality and are rated for 250lbs each.

I actually looked at those and some others in the store with an eye
toward just the value of the casters.
best deal I found was a while back at a Homier tent sale. They had a
steel engine dolly for $19.95 which had 4 good iron-wheel casters on a
nice welded frame. Casters bolted on.
Haven't seen a Homier sale since.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Roger Shoaf wrote:
[...]

Proly someone bought them all, and is selling the casters for $19.95 ea --
on eBay.
Yeah, buy it now.....
--
EA