Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Cheap swivel casters/wheels?

On Jan 26, 8:57*am, RBnDFW wrote:
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? *Yeah, always beggin...

I feel you pain. I was in the local HF last night and they had not one
cast-iron-wheeled caster, all were plastic of some sort or another.

I need about 5 sets of 3" steel or iron wheel casters.

I got mine from the hardware store. HF around here has had the steel
wheeled ones on the shelf, they looked OK, haven't actually used any,
though.

Stan