Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Cheap swivel casters/wheels?

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem

house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

How about getting one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38970 and
then use it's wheels?

These are pretty good quality and are rated for 250lbs each.

I actually looked at those and some others in the store with an eye
toward just the value of the casters.
best deal I found was a while back at a Homier tent sale. They had a
steel engine dolly for $19.95 which had 4 good iron-wheel casters on a
nice welded frame. Casters bolted on.
Haven't seen a Homier sale since.