Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Cheap swivel casters/wheels?

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Man, decent ones seem to wanna break the bank, HF stuff is unusable....
They have a blue 99c caster, very nice initially, until the soft wheels
distort into g-d triangles.....

Iny places that will sell small quan of decent stuff at decent prices?

I will eventually be buying larger Qs -- would a larger wholesale/oem

house
give me wholesale prices for "prototype Qs", toward the end of a larger
order? Yeah, always beggin...
--
EA

How about getting one of these:
and
then use it's wheels?

These are pretty good quality and are rated for 250lbs each.

Bigger than what I need -- I'm in the 1.5" ballpark, 75# per wheel.

But, it is a good idea, and indeed, for what you would pay at HD for effing
casters, you would come out ahead this way.
I had this same idea some time ago, when I thought I might need these sized
wheels. Sometimes Nat. Wholesale Liq has these dollies at this $15 price.

Then, with the leftover wood, you can make a small picket fence or sumpn....

Incredible, how that works, eh? Right in line with: cheaper to buy new
than to fix..... which in my mind is a major zeitgeist-ical factor in this
whole environmental/overpopulation affair.

If we took the responsibility to fix **** as an *obligation*, instead of the
mad mad mad dash to frantically produce new ****, we'd likely find this to
be an "automatic limiter" in terms of wanton expansion, crazed
Ponzi/cancer-like economic "growth".

Our species has been oft-referred to as a cancer.
--
EA

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.