Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner -- TSA baggage/firearm

Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Lloyd, call your airline and ask.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:53:54 -0500, Ignoramus9171

On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Lloyd, call your airline and ask.

I didn't have any problems travelling through our small regional
airport with my Dan Wesson .44 and 450 Marlin rifle in a Pelican case
locked with the TSA locks sold by Pelican. My son didn't have any
problems with his case locked with Masters padlocks either, although
he had to unlock it for inspection then relock it. That was through
both MBS and Phoenix.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

From my read, the TSA approves non "TSA" locks for firearms cases. They
seem to indicate that only the passenger should be able to open the case
and the passenger should be present during any screening.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 9, 7:53*am, Ignoramus9171
On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. *TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". *The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Lloyd, call your airline and ask.

YES...ask the people who know.

Gunner is the LAST person who would know.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools fired this volley in
:

YES...ask the people who know.

Um... TMT... I _did_ ask the airline (see the OP), and they conflict with
published TSA rules.

So... The airline won't accept it without TSA locks, and the TSA inspector
will reject it WITH TSA locks... get my point?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Too_Many_Tools fired this volley in
:

YES...ask the people who know.

Um... TMT... I _did_ ask the airline (see the OP), and they conflict with
published TSA rules.

So... The airline won't accept it without TSA locks, and the TSA inspector
will reject it WITH TSA locks... get my point?

LLoyd

Just print a copy of the TSA requirements showing the requirement for
non TSA marked locks for gun cases and show it to the airline folks.
Also toss a spare set of TSA marked locks in the case so you can change
between them if needed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 9, 9:42*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Too_Many_Tools fired this volley :

YES...ask the people who know.

Um... TMT... I _did_ ask the airline (see the OP), and they conflict with
published TSA rules. *

So... The airline won't accept it without TSA locks, and the TSA inspector
will reject it WITH TSA locks... get my point?

LLoyd

Oops..sorry about that.

Go down to the airport and ask both the onsite TSA inspectors and the
airline.

The regs are a moving target.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Put them both on
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Peter DiVergilio" fired this volley in news:dde91
:

Put them both on

The non-TSA locks defeat the purpose of the TSA-approved ones, but
clearly uphold TSA's intention that _only_ the owner can open the case.

TSA locks have "dual combinations/keying"; your key or combination, and
one TSA can use to unlock all of them.

(seems pretty insecure, in fact, since I'm sure that "secret" combination
hasn't changed over all the fired/retired TSA inspectors' careers in the
last few years)

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Peter DiVergilio" fired this volley in news:dde91
:

Put them both on

The non-TSA locks defeat the purpose of the TSA-approved ones, but
clearly uphold TSA's intention that _only_ the owner can open the case.

TSA locks have "dual combinations/keying"; your key or combination, and
one TSA can use to unlock all of them.

(seems pretty insecure, in fact, since I'm sure that "secret" combination
hasn't changed over all the fired/retired TSA inspectors' careers in the
last few years)

It can also be found out by trying all 1000 combinations on a TSA
approved lock. It should not take that long.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:
Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

From my read, the TSA approves non "TSA" locks for firearms cases. They
seem to indicate that only the passenger should be able to open the case
and the passenger should be present during any screening.

Back when all this silliness started, there was
some speculation on the camera forums that you
could put your $10k worth of camera equipment in
a firearms case, lock it with a real, non-TSA
lock and maybe get away with it. Don't know if
it ever worked.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:43:25 -0500, Ignoramus9171

On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Peter DiVergilio" fired this volley in news:dde91
:

Put them both on

The non-TSA locks defeat the purpose of the TSA-approved ones, but
clearly uphold TSA's intention that _only_ the owner can open the case.

TSA locks have "dual combinations/keying"; your key or combination, and
one TSA can use to unlock all of them.

(seems pretty insecure, in fact, since I'm sure that "secret" combination
hasn't changed over all the fired/retired TSA inspectors' careers in the
last few years)

It can also be found out by trying all 1000 combinations on a TSA
approved lock. It should not take that long.

The TSA locks I got from Pelican have 4 tumblers, so 10,000
combinations. The TSA part is keyed. Supposedly the TSA keyset is
secured. You have to wonder about that. I think they're secure
enough since anybody that could get the case could just hacksaw off
the plastic hasp or smash the lock with a hammer. Nothing except
airline security (such as it is) can prevent someone from stealing
something as portable as a gun case.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

Well, the proper gun cases are metal, but anyone with a small set of
bolt cutters can get into the case in a few seconds. Of course the
entire case can be readily stolen as well and opened at the thieves
leisure as has occurred plenty of times.

The TSA also seems to have issues with maintaining their keys as some
TSA folks were unable to locate a "TSA007" key for one of my locks once.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:
Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

From my read, the TSA approves non "TSA" locks for firearms cases. They
seem to indicate that only the passenger should be able to open the case
and the passenger should be present during any screening.

Back when all this silliness started, there was
some speculation on the camera forums that you
could put your $10k worth of camera equipment in
a firearms case, lock it with a real, non-TSA
lock and maybe get away with it. Don't know if
it ever worked.

Clothing and toiletries go in checked baggage, expensive camera gear is
carry on. Or in my case, clothing and relatively inexpensive and bulky
BC/fins/masks/etc. go in checked, while the regulators, computers,
cameras, O2 analyzer, etc. go in carry on.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Sep 9, 9:42*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Too_Many_Tools fired this volley
:

YES...ask the people who know.

Um... TMT... I _did_ ask the airline (see the OP), and they conflict with
published TSA rules. *

So... The airline won't accept it without TSA locks, and the TSA inspector
will reject it WITH TSA locks... get my point?

LLoyd

Oops..sorry about that.

Go down to the airport and ask both the onsite TSA inspectors and the
airline.

The regs are a moving target.

TMT

Won't do any good! Another set of clowns will be on duty when you
actually fly. Their interpretation of the reg's will be different or
they will make up their own on the spot. The boss on duty can do what he
wants.

Chuck P.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pilgrim wrote:

In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Yes, simply bring two sets of locks with you, put whatever makes them
happy on the case and the other set in the case.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

Last time (Spring) I had my own padlock on a $2.99 plastic case.
TSA STRONGLY recommended I also buy a TSA lock from them for the bag
itself. I declined, and it was not a problem.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh writes:

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case.

Last time I did that post 9/11, I used a lockable cash box inside a
corrugated carton that I taped up after the check-in inspection, on the
theory that it is less of a theft target if the package appears non-
descript and unlocked.

Once pre-9/11 I inadvertently walked through security with a loaded
magazine in my jacket pocket. The guys were amused, let me have the
empty magazine back, and kept the ammo for themselves.

I also remember in those days how after the last flight departed at
night on a given terminal wing, they shut down the security scanners and
let anybody and everybody freely walk in and out without so much as an
attendant watching. A terrorist team could have hidden an arsenal
inside the sterile area back then.

Flying out of Belize to Miami a few years ago, I inadvertently walked
through the scanner with the world's largest Swiss Army knife in my
pocket. I handed it over. I was very upset about this expensive
forfeit, not mention the sentimental value of this personal tool I had
carried for decades. A few minutes later the 3rd-world official caught
up to me and quietly slipped it back in my hand on the way to the gate
out of sight of the crowd. It was a nervous ride home for me carrying
that thing in the cabin. But if anyone needed a bottle uncorked, a pipe
reamed, or a fish scaled, I was ready.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh writes:

[...]

Flying to Europe about 5 years ago, had the backpack with the books etc.
SFO to Cincinnati to Rome. Still inside the security area of Cinci, reached
in the backpack for something and realized the was a 4" folding knife we use
for picnics. Stayed inside security and had hopefully the only knive
aboard.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:42:24 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Too_Many_Tools fired this volley in
:

YES...ask the people who know.

Um... TMT... I _did_ ask the airline (see the OP), and they conflict with
published TSA rules.

So... The airline won't accept it without TSA locks, and the TSA inspector
will reject it WITH TSA locks... get my point?

Use two locks, one TSA approved, one not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Back in '81 or thereabouts - I was in the Austin Airport - the old one -
and in front of me was two FBI Gold Badges. They were in Austin to
work with the Rangers - and on the way back home.

At the time, they had to show their pistols at the desk, no bullets allowed.
The Ranger got two handfuls of bullets. They both filled out papers
that identified the gun and number to themselves. Then the lady behind
the counter wanted to paste it on the outside of the case. - OH NO Lady -
that insures theft - telling the airport grounds people in xxx (east coast city)
are known for stealing guns. He (senior guy) whips out a document
that contains a gold seal on the bottom - notary - showing the law -
the paperwork goes in the box. In case the box is opened or breached.

It was a hoot to see the FBI on the defensive and recover in style.

Martin

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh writes:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh writes:

[...]

It's cool they gave it back.

Pre 9-11 I used to get looks for carrying knives on planes, but that was
about it. The rules if any seemed to be that of the airport itself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh writes:

[...]

Here's another post-9/11 case, which I've mentioned here before. This was on
the first day that the Federal inspectors took over from the privatized
security people.

I was in Newark getting on a plane when I realized my favorite bone-handled
Case pocketknife was in my camera bag with my other tools -- while I was
standing in front of the X-ray machine. I immediately told the security guy,
who let me take the knife out. He told me that I should just mail it to
myself, and showed me where I could get an envelope and some stamps. The
checked baggage was already on the plane.

Unfortunately, in an excess of security zeal, all of the mailboxes in the
public area of Newark Airport were sealed shut. I had minutes left and I
went back to the security guy. He called for someone to replace him and said
"follow me," trotting down the ramp toward the gates. At the gate, inside of
security, was the only functioning mailbox in the place. "Here," he said,
and held the box open for me. I thanked him and he gave me a quick salute,
and then trotted back up to the security area. I made the plane with about
five minutes to spare.

The guy was about 60 years old and trotted really well. I figure he
recognized a classic pocketknife when he saw one. I didn't think to say
anything to my wife, but two days later she called and said "what the
heck?..." g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:20:46 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

Bring the unlocked case containing your unloaded (no ammo in case with
weapon) to the checkout desk and ask them. Keep a standard padlock to
fit the case in your pocket. They will inspect the weapon, determine its
not loaded, put a firearms declaration in the box, and then ask you for
the padlock.

The TSA locks are easily opened by baggage inspectors..who steal the
weapons with great regularlity. Its been inspected at the counter,
tagged and then locked so the TSA has no need to inspect it..or steal
it.

I prefer to travel via Southwest. They are very friendly to those
traveling with firearms..many many many people use Southwest who bring
guns.

Gunner

From a website

"TSA recommends that you provide the key or combination to the security
officer if he or she needs to open the container. You should remain
present during screening to take the key back after the container is
cleared. If you are not present and the security officer must open the
container, we or the airline will make a reasonable attempt to contact
you. If we can't contact you, the container will not be placed on the
plane. Federal regulations prohibit unlocked gun cases (or cases with
broken locks) on aircraft.

Also it is a good idea to contact your airline since it may have their
own additional requirements on the carriage of firearms and the amount
of ammunition that you may have in your checked baggage. As far as cases
are concern, you can check it on a local store. Just make sure that it
has a hard surface to avoid any damage.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
R. Gomes"

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:22:15 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Gunner,

For the first time, I may have to fly with my sidearm as checked baggage.

I have a Plano Gun Guard lockable case. TSA says "TSA approved locks are
NOT approved for securing firearms". The airline says they "must have TSA
approved locks", and one shooters' magazine article says the same.

Wha????

LLoyd

From my read, the TSA approves non "TSA" locks for firearms cases. They
seem to indicate that only the passenger should be able to open the case
and the passenger should be present during any screening.

Correct. Firearms theft by TSA and airline/airport staff has reached
new highs.

http://www.tsa.gov/blog/2008/02/tsa-...and-theft.html

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Bring the unlocked case containing your unloaded (no ammo in case with
weapon) to the checkout desk and ask them. Keep a standard padlock to
fit the case in your pocket.

Niggle...

TSA states:
"... Ammunition may be checked in the same piece of luggage as a firearm.
No additional documentation is required. "

So, are you saying it cannot be in the gun case, but can be in the bag,
or can they both be in the case?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:07:54 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Bring the unlocked case containing your unloaded (no ammo in case with
weapon) to the checkout desk and ask them. Keep a standard padlock to
fit the case in your pocket.

Niggle...

TSA states:
"... Ammunition may be checked in the same piece of luggage as a firearm.
No additional documentation is required. "

So, are you saying it cannot be in the gun case, but can be in the bag,
or can they both be in the case?

LLoyd

In my years of flying with a firearm..the weapon must be in a locked
case SEPERATE from the firearms. They can be in a larger case..but the
firearm must be in a locked case by itself

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

the weapon must be in a locked
case SEPERATE from the firearms.

Um... which is the weapon? I sorta surmised that the "firearm" would be
the "weapon".

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:36:09 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

the weapon must be in a locked
case SEPERATE from the firearms.

Um... which is the weapon? I sorta surmised that the "firearm" would be
the "weapon".

LLoyd

sigh..it was still early..and I got home late...sigh

The weapon must be in a locked case seperate from the Ammunition...

sorry about that.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:18:48 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I prefer to travel via Southwest. They are very friendly to those
traveling with firearms..many many many people use Southwest who bring
guns.

Gummer implying that he flies enough to have a preferred airline is
even funnier than the OP thinking gummer flies anywhere at all. Still,
it's easy to imagine the things that would appeal to gummy...

Top Ten Real Reasons gummer Flies snorf Southwest

10. Great deals on connecting flights to secret CIA field office and
http://www.biggestliar.co.uk/.

9. Their ticket agents don't laugh too hard at his explanations for
lack of credit card, and accept overdue utility notices as valid ID.

8. Easiest bunch of decrepit seniors and disabled to push past.

7. Lets him use the PA system to page "Mark Wieber, PE".

6. Baggage inspectors accept excuse that "disability tool" only
appears to be electric masturbation device.

5. Sorry on-time record guarantees maximum ass-sitting.

4. Hottest male flight attendants.

3. Bathroom smoke detectors usually already disabled.

2. Crumbs and stickiness on seats and carpet make it feel homey.

1. Soggy almonds easiest to gum down.

Wayne

Ticket agents don't laugh too much at his no-credit-card excuses

Gunner

From a website

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I prefer to travel via Southwest. They are very friendly to those
traveling with firearms..many many many people use Southwest who bring
guns.

Gummer implying that he flies enough to have a preferred airline is
even funnier than the OP thinking gummer flies anywhere at all. Still,
it's easy to imagine the things that would appeal to gummy...

Top Ten Real Reasons gummer Flies snorf Southwest

10. Great deals on connecting flights to secret CIA field office and
http://www.biggestliar.co.uk/.

Last flight I booked was REAL cheap. ALL the lines are begging for
passengers.

9. Their ticket agents don't laugh too hard at his explanations for
lack of credit card, and accept overdue utility notices as valid ID.

Guess you don't fly much. ONLY ID accepted is a state/federal picture
ID., Passport.

8. Easiest bunch of decrepit seniors and disabled to push past.

Guess all the 30-40 year olds on my last flight forgot to get older.

7. Lets him use the PA system to page "Mark Wieber, PE".

You can have anyone paged in an airline. Just walk up to a desk and ask.

6. Baggage inspectors accept excuse that "disability tool" only
appears to be electric masturbation device.

TSA is NOT part of or controlled by the airline.

5. Sorry on-time record guarantees maximum ass-sitting.

Never been a problem being on time when I fly on them.

4. Hottest male flight attendants.

Could care less that you're interested in them.

3. Bathroom smoke detectors usually already disabled.

Not possible with any current planes.

2. Crumbs and stickiness on seats and carpet make it feel homey.

Last planes I were on were clean.

1. Soggy almonds easiest to gum down.

Don't eat almonds in first class.

From a website

[...]

Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Update....

TSA didn't even need to get involved with check-in. The airline personnel
inspected, accepted, and shipped the baggage with only the declaration of
unloaded to be done before sealing the bag.

It went through with a layover and arrived un-molested.

Da' Judge now back on my hip -- Ahhh.... that feels better.... G.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:29:20 -0400, "Steve W."

wrote:

[...]

Seriously man, the first two sentences in my post weren't enough to
explain the rest of it? See if this helps you:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarchasm
Sarchasm: "The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person
who doesn't get it."

Still unclear on the concept? Then I prescribe a dozen episodes of
this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernwood_2_Night. Here's a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0E7x3Nqys. If that doesn't do it,
then either your case is hopeless, you're deliberately acting
helpless, and/or you're a gummer sock puppet.

Wayne