Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 304 stainless, and brass, in shower

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:56:34 -0500, the infamous John Husvar
scrawled the following:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Gunner, who admits to wearing panty hose many times. Best way to keep
the leeches from grabbing on.

Seconded on the pantyhose; they make getting into and out of a wetsuit
much easier too! They're especially useful when doing search and
recovery in a swamp and you collect mud, sand, miscellaneous small
critters that bite or sting, etc. inside the suit.

The gal at the ladies accessories counter tends to look askance at you,
though, when you ask how to fit yourself -- and you're a man.

That's bound to be fun. I've got to go try that sometime soon.

It is, unless you get a clerk who can't seem to get that you really do
want them for yourself.

Would those be the desert leeches or the more vigorous mountain
leeches, G-mon? Inquiring minds want to know.

Neither of those is especially dangerous. I want something to keep
Beltway ******* Leeches away. Now those are dangerous!

Beltway, State, County, and City ******* Leeches are all really
_expensive_ SOBs, too, huh?

Anyone who desires pubic office probably shouldn't have it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 07:36:35 -0500, the infamous John Husvar
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

BINGO. I still feel that taking random people off the street and
putting them in Congress, etc. would give us a better gov't than we
have with the richies buying their way in.

Billary at State? Feh! (Unless Obama did that as a way to get her
out of office and he'll be firing her post haste. _Then_ I'd truly
have a reason to admire the man.)

--
Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other
men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

All during the nomination process, Obamassiah constantly decried the
Hildabeasts foreign policy experience...and then he puts her into State
with glowing praise.

Just goes to show what a liar he is...as well as his handlers.

Dont believe me? Google is your friend

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-01-05, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:58:12 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On 2009-01-03, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:

[ ... ]

Yes, I'm correct-handed...and just don't tie 'em the same. I'd like to
have said "didn't" but haven't retrained myself yet. That's a hard
habit to break after 50+ years, y'know?

Go to pull-on boots -- cowboy or Wellingtons. I haven't tied
shoelaces in probably thirty years or so. :-)

I walk a lot and high-top boots don't really lend themselves to doing
that. Low-tops work better for me and I don't need to unlace, just
untie and open a bit.

What "untie and unlace"? Pull-ons have *no* laces. You just
grab them and pull them on or off.

You do need high socks to minimize rubbing on your calf. I
don't even notice them when walking -- unless I hit something which
would have turned my ankle with low top shoes, and I just feel the top
slap against my calf and brace my foot.

I paid a whopping $20 for my last pair and they
turned out so comfy [good arch, big lugs for traction, well padded,
flexible sole (no steel shank), eyeleted for loose lacing/easy action]
that I immediately went back for another pair, turning in a pair of
HiTecs which didn't fit after all. After a year of wear, they hardly
look broken in.

The price looks nice. I have a pair of Wellingtons which are
electrically and thermally insulated soles, oil-resistant, and steel
toed for use in my shop and for everyday use.

When I want to "dress up", I switch to cowboy boots (and try to
remember to not try to catch falling chunks of iron or steel with my
foot. :-)

And if you have ever lived in South Texas, you would understand
why you don't want laces. Grassburrs. Little things that are a cross
between a dried pea and a morningstar. When green, they collect lined
up on the laces and you have to remove them before you can undo the
knot. And the green ones are *nasty* -- something painful on/in them,
and they hold onto the laces tight enough so you need to grip them hard
enough so your finger and thumb *will* get punctured.

They hold on as tight even when dried out in the winter, but at
least they don't have that pain-inducing chemical in them.

[ ... ]

Ayup. And with lace ups, its really hard to wear an ankle holster.

That is so true! giggle I don't think I could wear one anyway. My
feet tend to pass each other quite closely and I'd probably skin my
other leg with it on each pass.

You cross the left foot to the right of the right foot? I would
put an ankle holster (if I had one) on the *outside* side of the leg.

If nothing else, it'd be too visible.
I'm not bowlegged like some Californicatin' cowboys I know.

Well ... the bowlegged comes from really *working* on horseback
most of the time, so those are real *working* cowboys, not the movie/TV
ones. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564