Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 304 stainless, and brass, in shower

A friend of mine had a shower head fail. That head was made of two
parts -- top and bottom -- fastened together using a small copper
strap. That strap failed and the head opened up and was spraying water
all over the place from that opening.

(in case if anyone remembers, I had the same exact problem with my own
shower, which was actually identical because that friend and my wife
decided to buy the same kind of shower).

In any case, I fixed her shower head, by drilling and countersinking
and tapping four holes around the perimeter, and screwing in flat head
screws made of 304 stainless. The end result was relatively nice
looking.

The shower head is made of chrome plated brass and the screws are made
from 304 stainless. After some thinking, I decided to double check and
see whether there is any downside to having that stuff together, such
as galvanic corrosion. I do not anticipate a need to take that head
apart.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/