Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default light Rust Removal

Al Patrick wrote:
Good Solder Schweik wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:10:07 -0600, Ignoramus29895

On 2008-11-15, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
And does anyone remember that we used to hang murderers? Is there a
connection here anywhere?
Cheers,
I believe that we have lower murder rates than ever before. (more or
less).
http://www.delmar.edu/socsci/rlong/d...ry-Numbers.htm

1976 -- 18,780 murders per 214,000,000 population
2006 -- 17,034 murders per 299,000,000 population

If we go back in history, I recall, possibly incorrectly, that murder
rate was higher in those older times as well.
Check for the 1950's.
Al, good question, I looked and could not find anything

.
And you a computer geek. Try
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

1950 - 4.6/100,000
1960-5.1
1970-7.9
1980-10.2
1990-9.4
2000-5.5
2007-5.9

Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

You notice a general rise for years and then in the mid-nineties it
starts back down a bit. Isn't that when we started *re-defining* crimes
of all kinds and changing the rules on everything else? Remember ol'
"Teflon Don" - also known as "Slick Willy" - was in office about that
time. :-)

That also coincides with the first few states issuing concealed handgun
permits.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:50:22 -0600, RB wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:33:33 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:14:39 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:59:52 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I have a J.C. Higgins Model 80 which appears to be a brother to that gun,
but it surely doesn't have the gold or rosewood trim. The plastic handles
are probably better than the one shown in the url below. It has less
scratches.

It's 22LR only. Series 583.800 which was supposedly made from 1955
through 1961.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=7909310

I have only the one long barrel, 6.5".
Yes, that's similar. The action probably is the same.

Hi-Standard made a number of guns for Sears. My 20-ga. J.C. Higgens
(actually, I think it was called a Ted Williams model) pump shotgun was a
Hi-Standard Flite King Trophy.
Does anyone above 50+ find it disturbing that we once could buy firearms via mail order
and blood wasn't flooding the streets? Now we can't and blood is flowing.

Ah for a return to the simpler times. Outside of getting our foot off of the neck of our
black citizens, we have not marched forward as a society, I say we have marched
retrograde.

Wes

And does anyone remember that we used to hang murderers? Is there a
connection here anywhere?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bpaige125atgmaildotcom)
And we used corporal punishment in schools
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

True.
When I was a wee lad the Catholic kids all went to the Parochial
School where the sisters kept order with a long wooden ruler.
Complaints to Father about your kid getting whacked with a ruler were
met with the comment, "send him to public school then".
The Catholic kids transferred to Public school in the 8th grade and
were the sweetest, most well mannered children you ever saw. Took them
a couple of years to get as rowdy as us public school wastrels.

They were also about two grades ahead of us on the learning curve

Actually they were. but I wasn't going to get into that. I already got
told off by a grade school teacher because I made my kids memorize the
multiplication tables. "You don't understand, Sir. We don't do that
any more. As you aren't a trained teacher you probably wouldn't
understand....."

Cheers,

Bruce
(bpaige125atgmaildotcom)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

The high school principal called me in for an interview regarding
second son's vocabulary; I explained the four new expressions I had
learned while walking from the front entrance to his office.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Rust removal [email protected] Metalworking 12 August 26th 07 03:12 AM
rust removal RDT Woodworking 10 August 10th 05 04:43 AM
rust removal Boots Woodworking 17 April 4th 05 05:27 AM
Rust Removal- Rust covering? Tilt Trailer mechanisms Gunner Metalworking 22 September 14th 04 07:55 PM
rust removal nattydreadlocks Metalworking 8 September 10th 04 10:54 AM