Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default light Rust Removal

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:28:40 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:50:22 -0600, RB wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:33:33 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:14:39 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:59:52 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I have a J.C. Higgins Model 80 which appears to be a brother to that gun,
but it surely doesn't have the gold or rosewood trim. The plastic handles
are probably better than the one shown in the url below. It has less
scratches.

It's 22LR only. Series 583.800 which was supposedly made from 1955
through 1961.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=7909310

I have only the one long barrel, 6.5".
Yes, that's similar. The action probably is the same.

Hi-Standard made a number of guns for Sears. My 20-ga. J.C. Higgens
(actually, I think it was called a Ted Williams model) pump shotgun was a
Hi-Standard Flite King Trophy.
Does anyone above 50+ find it disturbing that we once could buy firearms via mail order
and blood wasn't flooding the streets? Now we can't and blood is flowing.

Ah for a return to the simpler times. Outside of getting our foot off of the neck of our
black citizens, we have not marched forward as a society, I say we have marched
retrograde.

Wes

And does anyone remember that we used to hang murderers? Is there a
connection here anywhere?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bpaige125atgmaildotcom)
And we used corporal punishment in schools
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

True.
When I was a wee lad the Catholic kids all went to the Parochial
School where the sisters kept order with a long wooden ruler.
Complaints to Father about your kid getting whacked with a ruler were
met with the comment, "send him to public school then".
The Catholic kids transferred to Public school in the 8th grade and
were the sweetest, most well mannered children you ever saw. Took them
a couple of years to get as rowdy as us public school wastrels.

They were also about two grades ahead of us on the learning curve

Actually they were. but I wasn't going to get into that. I already got
told off by a grade school teacher because I made my kids memorize the
multiplication tables. "You don't understand, Sir. We don't do that
any more. As you aren't a trained teacher you probably wouldn't
understand....."

Cheers,

Bruce
(bpaige125atgmaildotcom)

The high school principal called me in for an interview regarding
second son's vocabulary; I explained the four new expressions I had
learned while walking from the front entrance to his office.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada