Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default light Rust Removal

Al Patrick wrote:
Good Solder Schweik wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:10:07 -0600, Ignoramus29895

On 2008-11-15, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
And does anyone remember that we used to hang murderers? Is there a
connection here anywhere?
Cheers,
I believe that we have lower murder rates than ever before. (more or
less).
http://www.delmar.edu/socsci/rlong/d...ry-Numbers.htm

1976 -- 18,780 murders per 214,000,000 population
2006 -- 17,034 murders per 299,000,000 population

If we go back in history, I recall, possibly incorrectly, that murder
rate was higher in those older times as well.
Check for the 1950's.
Al, good question, I looked and could not find anything

.
And you a computer geek. Try
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

1950 - 4.6/100,000
1960-5.1
1970-7.9
1980-10.2
1990-9.4
2000-5.5
2007-5.9

Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

You notice a general rise for years and then in the mid-nineties it
starts back down a bit. Isn't that when we started *re-defining* crimes
of all kinds and changing the rules on everything else? Remember ol'
"Teflon Don" - also known as "Slick Willy" - was in office about that
time. :-)

That also coincides with the first few states issuing concealed handgun
permits.