Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch
is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has
worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is
rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send
money by PayPal if anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I've gotten felt sheet and bobs made by these guys in the past
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk/ , maybe you can blag a sample. If you
needed 1/4" sheet I could probably send you a piece.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rHi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Chris,
I would rip out all the centrifugal stuff and install a sinpac switch
in its place... the centrifugal parts will just be a problem again in
the future....
OTOH, why does it have to be felt - why not some kind of plastic, as
that would last longer. It just has to activate the switch, right?
Ken.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch
is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has
worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is
rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send
money by PayPal if anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I've gotten felt sheet and bobs made by these guys in the past
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk/ , maybe you can blag a sample. If you
needed 1/4" sheet I could probably send you a piece.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sent them an e-mail. I would take you up
on the offer of a piece of sheet, except 1/4" is definitely too thick.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:42:48 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

David Billington wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch
is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has
worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is
rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send
money by PayPal if anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I've gotten felt sheet and bobs made by these guys in the past
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk/ , maybe you can blag a sample. If you
needed 1/4" sheet I could probably send you a piece.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sent them an e-mail. I would take you up
on the offer of a piece of sheet, except 1/4" is definitely too thick.

Is the felt they make battery terminal washers a dense enough felt,
Chris? They're approximately the correct size.

http://tinyurl.com/42lego $1 (US) But for a UK source:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kit-Car-Racer-...742.m153.l1262
About $6USD
http://www.autozone.com/R,363992/veh...ductDetail.htm
About $1USD

It sure is cheaper to live in the USA, Chris.

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:58:11 -0400, Ken Sterling
wrote:
Chris Tidy wrote:

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

I would rip out all the centrifugal stuff and install a sinpac switch
in its place... the centrifugal parts will just be a problem again in
the future....
OTOH, why does it have to be felt - why not some kind of plastic, as
that would last longer. It just has to activate the switch, right?
Ken.

I'll bet part of it's function is an oil wick, so you need to
provide a suitable substitute. But a separate plastic washer in front
of it would provide wear resistance and allow the oil to work around
the edges to the mechanism.

Myself, if it didn't show up at a reasonable price available premade
I'd go find a sheet of the right hard wool felt at a fabric store or
haberdashery supply ("10/6 in this size" ;-) ) to make the washer
myself, and be done with it.

The center hole is easily cut with a gasket cutter or leatherwork
punch cutter, and if you can't find a 1" cutter you can make one with
a sharpened piece of pipe. Or mark it with a compass and use a sharp
pair of scissors, it's only felt and OD cuts are easy...

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ken Sterling wrote:
rHi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Chris,
I would rip out all the centrifugal stuff and install a sinpac switch
in its place... the centrifugal parts will just be a problem again in
the future....
OTOH, why does it have to be felt - why not some kind of plastic, as
that would last longer. It just has to activate the switch, right?
Ken.

Another guy recommended the same thing. I'd prefer not to. I prefer the
mechanical switch. And those electronic switches are costly.

This might be silly, but is there a motor shop in your area? Is it
availble from the motor's OEM?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Felt pads that go on table legs and chairs..but you would have to punch the center hole..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

Look a bit thin from the picture, and I would imagine a bit too soft.
Also, won't car battery terminals will be wider than 1/2"?

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Rick wrote:
"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Felt pads that go on table legs and chairs..but you would have to
punch the center hole..

Again, I doubt they'll be stiff enough. I persuaded a couple of felt
companies to send me free samples today, so we'll see how I get on.

Many thanks,

Chris

Chris, try looking at a jewelry supply house. I use rock hard felt
wheels in my hand held grinder and some of those are 1/8 in thickness
and come i 1" diameters. You would have to punch the center hole yourself.
Michael
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ken Sterling wrote:

rHi folks,

[...]

I already called them. The impression I got was that the motor company
made their last motors about 50 years ago. No chance of getting original
spare parts.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Chris Tidy wrote:

[...]

It might function as an oil wick, I'm not sure. But it certainly has to
be an insulator as it touched live components. I had wondered about
making a replacement out of Tufnol (SRBF), but I think it might make the
motor more noisy, and I'm not sure how it would wear.

Myself, if it didn't show up at a reasonable price available premade
I'd go find a sheet of the right hard wool felt at a fabric store or
haberdashery supply ("10/6 in this size" ;-) ) to make the washer
myself, and be done with it.

I doubt those haberdashery felts are stiff enough. This washer needs to
resist radial compression.

The center hole is easily cut with a gasket cutter or leatherwork
punch cutter, and if you can't find a 1" cutter you can make one with
a sharpened piece of pipe. Or mark it with a compass and use a sharp
pair of scissors, it's only felt and OD cuts are easy...

Do you just hit those punches with a hammer?

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

You can get sheet hard felt from McMaster Carr (among other
places). You can use arch punches to cut the ID and the OS -- and the
main question is "how critical is the concentricity"?. This is the same
kind of felt used to make way wipers.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down.

[ ... ]

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

I have no idea. The URL appears to be a "built" URL, which
becomes no longer valid when you exit the web site.

Perhaps give a series of clicks to get to what you are talking
about?

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:16:57 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

David Billington wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

They're usually a full 1/8" thick but may be too soft. Yeah, ID might
be closer to 3/4". You might take a look at some in an auto parts
store if you get a chance, though.

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
--e e cummings
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:20:29 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

Yeah, pop the punch upside down in the vice (only because it's Over
There) place the felt on top, place a piece of 3/4" ply on top, and
pop your hand down on it. Instant cookie cutter.

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
--e e cummings
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 19, 1:10*pm, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

* The center hole is easily cut with a gasket cutter or leatherwork
punch cutter, and if you can't find a 1" cutter you can make one with
a sharpened piece of pipe. *Or mark it with a compass and use a sharp
pair of scissors, it's only felt and OD cuts are easy...

Do you just hit those punches with a hammer?

Best wishes,

Chris

I have made cutters for gaskets and such on the lathe. I just make
them with a shank that will go in the drill press and use them in the
drill press, both to apply pressure but also spinning to cut the
material.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20 Sep 2008 01:23:44 GMT, the infamous "DoN. Nichols"
scrolled the following:

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down.

[ ... ]

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

I have no idea. The URL appears to be a "built" URL, which
becomes no longer valid when you exit the web site.

I tried it a second time a few seconds later and it came up. But like
you, I got the Oops! page the first time.

An equivalent hollow punch (set) at Harbor Fright is
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3838

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
--e e cummings
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down.

[ ... ]

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

I have no idea. The URL appears to be a "built" URL, which
becomes no longer valid when you exit the web site.

Perhaps give a series of clicks to get to what you are talking
about?

Try any one of these links:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Foo...s+Belt+Punches

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

You can get sheet hard felt from McMaster Carr (among other
places). You can use arch punches to cut the ID and the OS -- and the
main question is "how critical is the concentricity"?. This is the same
kind of felt used to make way wipers.

Probably not that critical. I have just been sent a pair of fairly hard
felt washers of the correct size by a company as a free sample.
Hopefully these will work, but if not someone else has suggested I try
leather (not sure how easy it is to find leather which is 1/8" thick,
though).

I will let people know how it turns out.

Many thanks,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Rick wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tip. If the washers I have obtained don't work, I'll look
into it.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

Are you talking about a rack and pinion press? I was thinking of a
regular bench vice which you use for holding workpieces.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
David Billington wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch
is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has
worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is
rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send
money by PayPal if anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I've gotten felt sheet and bobs made by these guys in the past
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk/ , maybe you can blag a sample. If you
needed 1/4" sheet I could probably send you a piece.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sent them an e-mail. I would take you up
on the offer of a piece of sheet, except 1/4" is definitely too thick.

I have now received two felt washers of different grades from Hardy &
Hanson. The denser grade looks most suitable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber

[ ... ]

You can get sheet hard felt from McMaster Carr (among other
places). You can use arch punches to cut the ID and the OS -- and the
main question is "how critical is the concentricity"?. This is the same
kind of felt used to make way wipers.

Probably not that critical. I have just been sent a pair of fairly hard
felt washers of the correct size by a company as a free sample.

Great!

Hopefully these will work, but if not someone else has suggested I try
leather (not sure how easy it is to find leather which is 1/8" thick,
though).

Hmm ... my belt is averaging abound 0.147", so it could be
sanded down to the needed thickness.

I will let people know how it turns out.

Good luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down.

[ ... ]

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

I have no idea. The URL appears to be a "built" URL, which
becomes no longer valid when you exit the web site.

I tried it a second time a few seconds later and it came up. But like
you, I got the Oops! page the first time.

Still a problem for me -- even after turning javascript on. :-(

An equivalent hollow punch (set) at Harbor Fright is
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3838

O.K. That kind you just hit with a hammer (wear safety glasses,
of course), and use a wooden block under it. Pine 2x4 would probably do
well for a few parts.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

[...]

Go to any cobbler and buy a leather sole blank. I use one as a coaster
in my office. Looks like a big leather footprint, is 0.200" (~5mm)
thick, and is very hard and dense. I paid about $10 for it, which the
cobbler claimed to be his cost.

The cobbler will have sole blanks in various thicknesses.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DoN. Nichols wrote:
O.K. That kind you just hit with a hammer (wear safety glasses,
of course), and use a wooden block under it. Pine 2x4 would probably do
well for a few parts.

Tip: use the end grain of the wood - the punch penetrates much more
easily. Not that the punch has to penetrate very far, but enough to get
through the leather/rubber/felt/whatever.

Bob

---
Nota for President
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've looked at this header time and time again.

are you after a washer you have some real emotion about or you after a
washer made from felt that is hard?

Stealth (dunno) pilot
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stealth Pilot wrote:
I've looked at this header time and time again.

are you after a washer you have some real emotion about or you after a
washer made from felt that is hard?

It's weird how people's minds can see things differently. I never
thought there was anything weird about the title. You've got to try a
lot harder with this one than Tom Gardner's "shaft extension" thread.

I want a washer made out of felt which is hard.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber

[ ... ]

You can get sheet hard felt from McMaster Carr (among other
places). You can use arch punches to cut the ID and the OS -- and the
main question is "how critical is the concentricity"?. This is the same
kind of felt used to make way wipers.

Probably not that critical. I have just been sent a pair of fairly hard
felt washers of the correct size by a company as a free sample.

Great!

Well, the first try wasn't great. The motor tripped the circuit breakers
in the workshop, and I've yet to figure out why.

Hopefully these will work, but if not someone else has suggested I try
leather (not sure how easy it is to find leather which is 1/8" thick,
though).

Hmm ... my belt is averaging abound 0.147", so it could be
sanded down to the needed thickness.

Leather sounds promising, but I was told that it loses its stiffness
when it gets exposed to oil. I was also thinking about using Tufnol
(SRBF), which would have the necessary insulating properties. I wonder
if Tufnol washers are available ready made?

Many thanks,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

Are the soles made out of a single sheet of leather, or several sheets
glued together?

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:
David Billington wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

You mentioned elsewhere that this was an old motor long out of
production. Induction repulsion start maybe. I have one on a compressor,
now on loan to a mate and it is the only one I have run across. I got it
as a recon and it has never given any problems. It is the only motor I
have seen with timing. There is a clamp at the back of the motor to
allow the starter phasing to be altered and it effects the direction and
starting perfomance. The centrifugal assembly appears to be made out of
several dozen, at least, copper segments the flip out when the speed is
high enough. Its largish, cast iron frame and heavy but has worked
without problems for the last 25 years and maybe 3 times older than
that. Never had the need to dismantle it though, which I have had to do
with a couple of newer motors with centrifugal start switches, Gryphon
motors IIRC.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2008-09-19, Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

My leather sole coaster does not appear to have been glued.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I did some contract work for an automatic player
piano company. They use lots of felt to quiet the
mechanisms. Different custom die cut shapes, densities,
and thicknesses.

I cannot remember which company but there is a felt
company in LA that had a catalog that had more types
and shapes than I ever dreamed were possible.

I see 3 in Google, give them a call:

General Felt Industries Incorporated
8320 Rex Rd
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
(562) 948-1432

Western Felt & Fiber
323 S Date Ave
Alhambra, CA 91803
(714) 972-2820?
(626) 281-6300

Acme Felt Works
6500 Stanford Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90001
(323) 752-3778

-Chris
???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

David Billington wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

I don't think so. It looks like a regular capacitor start motor to me.
But I would like to see one of those repulsion start motors. I've yet to
see one. Do they look very different on the outside?

I am starting to think that perhaps the insulation in the motor is failing.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

C Clark remove nospam wrote:
I did some contract work for an automatic player
piano company. They use lots of felt to quiet the
mechanisms. Different custom die cut shapes, densities,
and thicknesses.

I cannot remember which company but there is a felt
company in LA that had a catalog that had more types
and shapes than I ever dreamed were possible.

I see 3 in Google, give them a call:

General Felt Industries Incorporated
8320 Rex Rd
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
(562) 948-1432

Western Felt & Fiber
323 S Date Ave
Alhambra, CA 91803
(714) 972-2820?
(626) 281-6300

Acme Felt Works
6500 Stanford Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90001
(323) 752-3778

Thanks for the tip. I have acquired a washer as a free sample, but if it
doesn't work I'll give those companies a call.

But I am starting to think that the motor has other problems.

Best wishes,

Chris