Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:10 pm, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

The center hole is easily cut with a gasket cutter or leatherwork
punch cutter, and if you can't find a 1" cutter you can make one with
a sharpened piece of pipe. Or mark it with a compass and use a sharp
pair of scissors, it's only felt and OD cuts are easy...

Do you just hit those punches with a hammer?

Best wishes,

Chris

I have made cutters for gaskets and such on the lathe. I just make
them with a shank that will go in the drill press and use them in the
drill press, both to apply pressure but also spinning to cut the
material.

Sounds neat. I will have to try that.

Best wishes,

Chris