Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

Michael wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Rick wrote:

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal
switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by
PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Felt pads that go on table legs and chairs..but you would have to
punch the center hole..

Again, I doubt they'll be stiff enough. I persuaded a couple of felt
companies to send me free samples today, so we'll see how I get on.

Many thanks,

Chris

Chris, try looking at a jewelry supply house. I use rock hard felt
wheels in my hand held grinder and some of those are 1/8 in thickness
and come i 1" diameters. You would have to punch the center hole yourself.

Thanks for the tip. If the washers I have obtained don't work, I'll look
into it.

Best wishes,

Chris