Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

David Billington wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch
is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has
worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is
rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall
diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send
money by PayPal if anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I've gotten felt sheet and bobs made by these guys in the past
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk/ , maybe you can blag a sample. If you
needed 1/4" sheet I could probably send you a piece.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sent them an e-mail. I would take you up
on the offer of a piece of sheet, except 1/4" is definitely too thick.

Best wishes,

Chris